HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

About match making

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 foldem

foldem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationPlanet earth

Posted November 23 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hey, whatever you are trying out for this beta, it is not working. I have played around 40 games and 5 of them has been full games the rest have been populated with 2vs2, 2vs3 etc...
This was never an issue in the other betas as far as I can remember. Maybe this is intended_ But its not fun and I am afraid it will scare away a lot of potentially new players because of this. Still love the game because I know how fun it can be with full teams on both sides, but this is not working. At all.
(And I am only playing TDM, don't know how the match making works in the other games)

Edited by foldem, November 23 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#2 Saer

Saer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted November 23 2012 - 07:42 PM

I found it practically impossible to find a full game, as you said they've all been 2v2, 3v3. Doesn't matter which game mode, I've tried them all in hopes to find a well populated server.

On the rare occasion that I do, it usually ends up with 1 person leaving the game when their team is losing, in turn making other people on the team leave and killing the match completely.

#3 Deaod

Deaod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted November 24 2012 - 04:59 AM

For me its far more important that i get matched with players around my level. That currently just isnt happening.

As a result, even if the game started out as a 5v5, after a few minutes its a 5v3 or 5v2, at which point i switch teams and make the other team leave.

There are a couple of things that need to happen. You need to put players with other players of approximately their own skill-level. Thats the whole point of matchmaking and i dont see it happening.

You also need to balance the teams on the server according to the matchmaking ranking. Theres no point in matchmaking if one team gets all the good players and the other team gets all the bad players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users