HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Low fps & Low GPU usage

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 29 2012 - 03:56 AM

View PostPhYrE, on November 28 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

If there was an ignore option i surely would block out your useless gibberish, but there isn't, so you just spam this thread and making it hard for every person who is interested in solving problems to follow up.
Useless gibberish, yet I used figures to prove why your example meant squat, and that in another game running on the same engine, there is a very clear, statistically significant difference between an AMD and an Intel.

Though if you would've read what I said, I did say that his hardware should not run it as bad as it currently does and that the devs can definitely improve it - and WILL improve it. I just doubted that it would hit that 60 FPS threshold due to the CPU and GPU combination without him turning resolution down, or removing some other effects. If it does, on the other hand, great! He's good to go, but I'd be rather surprised by that considering his processor is the main crux of the issue.

I'm trying to give him realistic numbers, via educated guessing, of what he can expect with his rig, so really, your leaping it with "My rig does 60 FPS in BF3" doesn't help at all, because BF3 isn't on UE3 or UDK; it's on Frostbite 2 and that's a more GPU-hungry engine as opposed to CPU-hungry like UE3/UDK. Go play some of the more recent games on UE3, like Arkham City, and let us know what sorts of framerates you get on that, because you have a similar videocard to him (though yours is better) and a similar processor to him (though, again, yours is better). That will allow for a more realistic benchmark of what he can get. He should get roughly 70-80% of the performance you do at best, since your superior CPU and GPU each will be a roughly 10-15% speedup over his rig.

I really can't make it any clearer than this. Of course, this makes me a fanboy because I'm pointing out the actual metrics that matter, like instructions per clock and singlethread performance, whereas some other guy (not you) is making it up like any hex-core CPU should run the game flawlessly. It isn't that simple. Otherwise, if my quad-core 2600K can run Hawken, why not my quad-core Nexus 7_ Or my quad-core PSP Vita_ Because there's different levels of performance in them, so having four or six or twenty CPU cores doesn't matter if they all run slowly, or handle instructions less efficiently.

That said, I still absolutely feel his CPU is the bottleneck here. His best option for upgrades, if he must stick with AMD, is an FX-8350, though that's nothing he'd get compared to going to a Intel Core i5 3570K so I will recommend that as it will give him the best bang for his buck, for a whopping $20 more.

It's simply my advice; the OP is free to do as he sees fit. But it doesn't mean I shouldn't give it because it upsets a few people.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#22 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, Illinois

Posted November 30 2012 - 08:55 PM

You know, im running an 2nd gen i5 2400 at 3.1ghz  (3.4 turbo boost) and an evga Gtx 670 and i noticed that in the mech menu screen my gpu load is at around 85% but in game its only about 45 - 55%.... dafuq_

settings maxed everything on except physx
Crackin' eggs like we crack smoke. Smoke crack_ No! That's bad!

Posted Image

#23 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 30 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostDecoy101x, on November 30 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

You know, im running an 2nd gen i5 2400 at 3.1ghz  (3.4 turbo boost) and an evga Gtx 670 and i noticed that in the mech menu screen my gpu load is at around 85% but in game its only about 45 - 55%.... dafuq_

Vsyc not working in menus

#24 Soma1509

Soma1509

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 30 2012 - 10:43 PM

View PostDecoy101x, on November 30 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

As I already said, the game's engine is capped to 90FPS while in an online match. This is unfortunately a limitation of the game's engine and, as far as I know right now, there's not much that can be done about it. When in the garage, your framerates should go through the roof since basically you're not really online at that point in time until you deploy your mech.

You can follow the little tutorial I did here earlier to see if you can slightly improve your minimum and maximum framerates, but it won't help much in terms of lag or framerate dips. That's something the devs have to improve upon over time.

#25 NoOBGamerDz

NoOBGamerDz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 01:14 AM

PLZ do something about the ppl who got 2GO ram , the game keeps crash for me most of the time PLZ !! >.<

#26 DeadlyShadow

DeadlyShadow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 03:23 AM

I'm having the same problem. When in combat my gtx 480 gpu usage drops to ~40%!!!!! ->Fps 14 !!!!!!!
Terrible to play. I hope this will be fixed because this game is really awesome.

#27 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 04:34 AM

View PostNoOBGamerDz, on December 01 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

PLZ do something about the ppl who got 2GO ram , the game keeps crash for me most of the time PLZ !! >.<
Minimum system requirements: 3 GB of RAM.

Time to upgrade.

View PostDeadlyShadow, on December 01 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

I'm having the same problem. When in combat my gtx 480 gpu usage drops to ~40%!!!!! ->Fps 14 !!!!!!!
Terrible to play. I hope this will be fixed because this game is really awesome.
What's your CPU_ That sounds definitely like the CPU is bottlenecking you (Especially as a GTX 460 is recommended-level video hardware, and you're above that).

If you don't know what it is, download CPU-Z and run it; it'll tell you.

Edited by DarkPulse, December 01 2012 - 04:35 AM.

#28 KarimYounus

KarimYounus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 11:38 AM

I'm getting an alright FPS but I don't think it's 90, I'd say around 50 FPS. I'm on a AMD 4-170 at 4.4GHz Quad Core. And I've got an AMD HD Radeon 6670 with DX11 and 1GB of video memory. My physical RAM is 8GB and i've got 16GB of virtual memory. Can I raise my FPS_

#29 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 11:41 AM

View PostKarimYounus, on December 05 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

I'm getting an alright FPS but I don't think it's 90, I'd say around 50 FPS. I'm on a AMD 4-170 at 4.4GHz Quad Core. And I've got an AMD HD Radeon 6670 with DX11 and 1GB of video memory. My physical RAM is 8GB and i've got 16GB of virtual memory. Can I raise my FPS_

If you get 50 be happy with that. Not many people are even able to get that. Why do you have 16gb of virtual memory_ That is just a waste of hard drive space honestly. Set it to 4098 static and leave it.

#30 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 01:14 AM

View PostKarimYounus, on December 05 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

Realistically, you would probably gain a little bit from turning down resolution, but in terms of improving it, now without getting something like a FX 8350 for your CPU or else upgrading that 6670. (That's decidedly a pedestrian videocard.)

Edited by DarkPulse, December 06 2012 - 01:14 AM.

#31 ShadowDjinn

ShadowDjinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 27 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

My quadcore would stomp all over AMD's octocores, because AMD's processors are inferior at instructions per clock

uh... clock speed is defined by the number of instructions carried out per second.
1 "clock" = 1 "instruction"

now I'm sure you're about to spout some other inane drivel about how your CPU is better than everyone elses.
fact of the matter is this; you haven't added anything constructive to the thread so go troll somewhere else.

and while I'm at it; you can cut the proverbial about CPU bottlenecks, the bottleneck is in the game code pure and simple.
granted you might have a system that can grunt it out, but not everyone does.

Edited by ShadowDjinn, December 06 2012 - 03:57 PM.

#32 Lethal_Kebab

Lethal_Kebab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted December 06 2012 - 10:57 PM

Thought i would add my 2c worth on this one.....

it seems to me that there are some issues when using an AMD CPU, ive been searching and googling and asking players online. I myself have an AMD phenom 2 6x @ 3.7ghz OC'ed and its unplayable in windows with settings down to low and everything off.. my GPU is a GTX 550 Ti x 2 and I got 8GB of ram on win 7 64 bit.

My other system is a i5 with a GTS nvidia and it runs medium everything with out a hitch.. it seems to me there is something going on when it comes to AMD processors and this game.

perhaps its optimised for intel CPU's , not sure... but definately something happening there....
Kicking ass since 1980....

Posted Image

#33 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 04:35 AM

View PostShadowDjinn, on December 06 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

uh... clock speed is defined by the number of instructions carried out per second.
1 "clock" = 1 "instruction"

now I'm sure you're about to spout some other inane drivel about how your CPU is better than everyone elses.
fact of the matter is this; you haven't added anything constructive to the thread so go troll somewhere else.

and while I'm at it; you can cut the proverbial about CPU bottlenecks, the bottleneck is in the game code pure and simple.
granted you might have a system that can grunt it out, but not everyone does.
Like I told some other guy who told me the same thing, don't tell me what to do. You're not a mod. This is my opinion and experience talking, so if you don't like it, tough. Scroll past my posts. (Indeed, if you don't like this long post, you'd be well served by doing that now.)

As for your statement of clock equaling instructions_ Congratulations! You're flat-out and completely WRONG!

Since you seem to act like you know CPUs, I'll educate you so you can get it right next time. A CPU's clockrate is how many times its clock oscillates per second, expressed in Hz. Let's take two current CPUs as examples: The Core i7 2600K has a 3.4 GHz clockrate, and the AMD FX-8350 has a 4.2 GHz clockrate. (They both have boost tech that lets them get higher, but we won't get into that as it's not important.)

Now, let's get into instructions. An instruction, obviously, is a piece of work the CPU does. How quickly the CPU can do this is partially based on its own execution resources, as well as how fast it runs, and a few other things like out-of-order execution, but generally speaking, there are relatively few instructions that can be done, guaranteed, in one clock cycle (mostly simple and basic things, like integer adds). One Instruction per clock is the ideal (as it would then mean that faster CPUs are a simple matter of which has the faster clockrate), but it's not the reality. For example, the original 8087 Math Coprocessor took between 70-100 cycles to do a FADD (Floating-Point Addition) instruction. The 80387 could do it in 23-34 cycles. An 80486 (or 80487) could do it in 8-20. An Athlon 64 could do it in 1-5. This means that even if you scaled up the 8087 to Athlon 64 speeds somehow, it still would not be able to do it as quickly as a real Athlon 64 can; they are simply more efficient processors. This is when the arguments of clockrate come into play.

As I said earlier, few instructions are "one clock per cycle" and in reality, CPUs now often do out-of-order execution, pipelining, and so on to make these things as quick as possible to keep the pipelines saturated yet fast as possible, but they're still not ideal. Eventually, some instruction will come along that, simply put, takes more than a handful of cycles to execute.

It's here where things begin to differ.

Intel focused basically on efficiency per clock; in other words, trying to tune their execution units to getting things done in as few clockcycles as possible. They went the raw clockrate path before (Pentium 4, anyone_) and those of us who were around then remember all too well that the things were hot, inefficient, and inferior, especially once the Athlon 64 came out. (We also remember that overclocking them would eventually kill them.) The fact that AMD took over as the best performance-per-dollar processor sent them back to the drawing board, which resulted in them designing the Core architecture by going back to the P6 architecture that was used in the Pentium III, and that move rewarded them with returning to the top around 2006 and being there ever since, while AMD has floundered.

To compare the two design philosophies, Intel designs have relatively beefy math units, perform things like out-of-order execution, and so on. AMD has focused on power with heavily-multithreaded workloads and high clockrates, and excels in that area; the more parallel the workload, the better their processors will do. In layman's terms, this means that while the AMD will do better with stuff that can be scaled up over a bunch of cores equally, the Intel will be better with stuff that demands more number-crunching.

Unfortunately for AMD, games fall into the latter camp, not the former.

The simple fact is that even at base clocks, my quad-core 3.4 GHz i7-2600K WILL stomp AMD's octo-core, 4.2 GHz FX-8350. It just plain will. The only points the AMD will best my processor is things like 3D Modelling, Movie encoding, or similar things that can be highly parallelized across many cores. (A good deal of this is because current AMD CPUs support Fused Multiply-Add, while Intels do not; next year's Haswell will support this however.) In things like games, or things that demand only a few threads to be heavily loaded, there is no current AMD processor in existence that can catch up to what I currently own. Furthermore, for all of that, it consumes more energy (130W vs. 95W TDP with mine), runs 800 MHz faster at stock speeds than mine... and it still can't top mine in most areas. My processor still keeps close to it while having basically half the processor cores it does (though HyperThreading gives it a boost), and I'm sure that if I had a true octo-core processor, the Intel would handily win those benchmarks.

AMD processors are, simply put, inferior processors in all but a very few areas, and unless you do lots of those areas, they do not justify the money. Since I play a lot of games, my money is more justified buying what I have. In almost all other areas outside of the few that AMD excels in by (fairly small) margins, my processor does more work, at a slower clockspeed, while generating less heat. It is, therefore, more efficient.

The game can certainly be tuned to perform better on them, but he is simply not going to get a magical 60 FPS, max details thing going at identical settings to an Intel-powered system, not without doing things like turning down the resolution. Unreal Engine (Which this game runs on) is very CPU hungry and not so much GPU hungry. AMD CPUs are, thanks to the way they are made, at a disadvantage to running games on the engine. Here's an example using another UE3 game, Arkham City. Framerate wise, there's a 22 FPS difference, and in terms of consistency, my processor will render 99% of all frames within about 20ms, while his will do it in about 29ms - that adds up over time. Simply put, the Intels crunch the frames in less time, more efficiently, and more consistently than the AMDs do. This is one of the big reasons why I will enjoy a considerably faster and smoother gameplay experience than he would.

When even a dual-core chip (the i5-655K) is overall providing smoother gameplay than an octo-core FX-8150, you no longer can blame the game code at that point. You can only blame the architecture behind the processor. I'll let their end-of-testing conclusion sum it up, as it will do it probably better than I can.

Ivy Bridge moves the ball forward, but Intel made even more performance progress in the transition from the prior-generation Lynnfield 45-nm processors—such as the Core i5-760 and i7-875K—to the 32-nm Sandy Bridge chips. From Sandy to Ivy, some of the potential speed benefits of the die shrink were absorbed by the reduction of the desktop processor power envelope from 95W to 77W.

Sadly, with Bulldozer, AMD has moved in the opposite direction. The Phenom II X4 980, with four "Stars" cores at 3.7GHz, remains AMD's best gaming processor to date. The FX-8150 is slower than the Phenom II X6 1100T, and the FX-6200 trails the X4 980 by a pretty wide margin. Only the FX-4170 represents an improvement from one generation to the next, and it costs more than the Phenom II X4 850 that it outperforms. Meanwhile, all of the FX processors remain 125W parts.

We don't like pointing out AMD's struggles any more than many of you like reading about them. It's worth reiterating here that the FX processors aren't hopeless for gaming—they just perform similarly to mid-range Intel processors from two generations ago. If you want competence, they may suffice, but if you desire glassy smooth frame delivery, you'd best look elsewhere. Our sense is that AMD desperately needs to improve its per-thread performance—through IPC [Instructions Per Clock --DP] gains, higher clock speeds, or both—before they'll have a truly desirable CPU to offer PC gamers.

Since this review got published, the FX-8350 has come out; that would be the one to go to if, for some reason, he was not doing a full system rebuild anytime soon but just had to have a faster experience. But if he is planning on doing a new system sometime soon, Intel's Haswell CPUs come out next spring, and I see essentially zero reason to recommend an AMD over them for any reason except for budgetary ones. They're simply inferior in almost every area.

Is that to say the devs should not work on AMD optimization_ No, they absolutely should. Plenty of people do still have AMD CPUs, and so the game needs to run at least reasonably acceptably on them. They do not right now, so the devs have some work to do. But the devs can only do so much before, eventually, it is out of their hands. So while they can (and should) improve performance on AMD processors, eventually it gets to a point where the wall is no longer how well the game performs on AMD processors, but how AMD processors perform period - and at that point, no amount of tuning or tweaking will really improve things further.

Edited by DarkPulse, December 07 2012 - 04:41 AM.

#34 Saint_The_Judge

Saint_The_Judge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThird World

Posted December 09 2012 - 03:51 AM

Gonna let OB run for about a week and then come back to this thread (or a similar one) to see if the expected optimization is done. If I find reliable positive reviews from reliable people, then and only then I'm downloading the game.
All arguing on specific possible technical detailed point is, at least for me, not consistent, given this is a simple UT3 game. It has to be playable for anyone whose machine attends to the requirements, with no exceptions. This is easy to understand. If minimum requirements are "x", and one's machine is "x" or above, then stutterings, freezings, frame drops and etc have to be non existent. Of course I understand this "x" or above  machine has to be healthy, virus and dump free, etc.
I want to PLAY Hawken.
Cheers.
Once a girl asked me in a chat: "-ASL_" I answered: "- Very old, impotent, third world." And she got out the room. Posted Image

#35 Crown

Crown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationGarnished Roast

Posted December 09 2012 - 05:51 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 25 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

Low GPU usage tends to mean a CPU bottleneck.

Considering AMD processors aren't quite in the same league as Intel, it's not too surprising. The devs probably do need to do some optimizations, but there's only so much they can do.

Yea, I have to admit. You have a bad tendency to defend the devs even the argument is valid.
You have to let this process work it's magic, if the fans have a genuine problem, the only way it's going to get fixed is if they voice their concerns. There is such a thing as too far but not many posts have crossed that line yet, so I mean this in the nicest possible way: Calm down a bit; Meteor is a company and you may feel better trying to defend them but they actually do not need you to do so.

#36 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted December 09 2012 - 08:11 AM

View PostPhYrE, on November 28 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

If there was an ignore option i surely would block out your useless gibberish, but there isn't, so you just spam this thread and making it hard for every person who is interested in solving problems to follow up.
There is an ignore option.

I use it on Talesin and Moderator2.

#37 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted December 09 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostSaint_The_Judge, on December 09 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

Gonna let OB run for about a week and then come back to this thread (or a similar one) to see if the expected optimization is done. If I find reliable positive reviews from reliable people, then and only then I'm downloading the game.
All arguing on specific possible technical detailed point is, at least for me, not consistent, given this is a simple UT3 game. It has to be playable for anyone whose machine attends to the requirements, with no exceptions. This is easy to understand. If minimum requirements are "x", and one's machine is "x" or above, then stutterings, freezings, frame drops and etc have to be non existent. Of course I understand this "x" or above  machine has to be healthy, virus and dump free, etc.
I want to PLAY Hawken.
Cheers.
No game ever has nonexistent freezes, stutters, or frame drops; it's literally impossible. Better hardware does minimize these though, and make them less severe when they do occur.

Even older, 16-bit games had slowdowns, sprite flickers, etc. Nothing's ever perfect.

View PostCrown, on December 09 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

Yea, I have to admit. You have a bad tendency to defend the devs even the argument is valid.
You have to let this process work it's magic, if the fans have a genuine problem, the only way it's going to get fixed is if they voice their concerns. There is such a thing as too far but not many posts have crossed that line yet, so I mean this in the nicest possible way: Calm down a bit; Meteor is a company and you may feel better trying to defend them but they actually do not need you to do so.
I'm definitely not saying it shouldn't play on AMD processors or that people shouldn't voice their opinions - I absolutely agree they should.

They just should not, if they're on an AMD processor, expect identical performance to an Intel processor of equal generation. They're simply not in the same league, sir. The game will run, but it will not be as fast and as smooth, so that's essentially my goal here - to point out that yes, the game will run, and it may even run pretty well, but silky-smooth gameplay that's as hitch and stutter free as possible is not going to happen as much on an AMD as it will on an Intel.

A top-of-the-line AMD processor now will do about as good as an Intel Core 2 or a Nehalem i-Series, which are approximately 3-4 years old now. Anything more recent on Intel's side will perform better because it is, simply put, a superior processor in things that make games go fast, and short of new architecture, there's not much AMD can do to close that gap. That's what they're working on now, but it's going to be a couple more years until that plan bears fruit - and that's a good thing if it does, as competition is what will keep Intel from resting on its heels, and will keep us all getting better processors.

Edited by DarkPulse, December 09 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#38 Saint_The_Judge

Saint_The_Judge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThird World

Posted December 09 2012 - 12:27 PM

Given the stupendous ability to write looong posts you have, I assume you understand other people's humble and less elaborated texts.
Nonexistent obviously means "ignorable", "rare", "very few", etc.
Ok_
Hawken's FPS and playability issues are "annoying", "all the time", "a lot", etc.
Once a girl asked me in a chat: "-ASL_" I answered: "- Very old, impotent, third world." And she got out the room. Posted Image

#39 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted December 09 2012 - 01:29 PM

View PostSaint_The_Judge, on December 09 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

Given the stupendous ability to write looong posts you have, I assume you understand other people's humble and less elaborated texts.
Nonexistent obviously means "ignorable", "rare", "very few", etc.
Ok_
Hawken's FPS and playability issues are "annoying", "all the time", "a lot", etc.
Which is why I've said the devs will improve it, just with the caveat that it's not going to compare to more recent Intel CPUs.

Believe me, there are some people out there whose definition of "fixed" means maxed out, 1920x1080, always 60 FPS assuming a recent AMD CPU and a recent GPU from either vendor.

Edited by DarkPulse, December 09 2012 - 01:29 PM.

#40 Crown

Crown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationGarnished Roast

Posted December 09 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostDarkPulse, on December 09 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

View PostSaint_The_Judge, on December 09 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

I want to PLAY Hawken.
Cheers.
No game ever has nonexistent freezes, stutters, or frame drops; it's literally impossible. Better hardware does minimize these though, and make them less severe when they do occur.

Even older, 16-bit games had slowdowns, sprite flickers, etc. Nothing's ever perfect.

View PostCrown, on December 09 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

I'm definitely not saying it shouldn't play on AMD processors or that people shouldn't voice their opinions - I absolutely agree they should.

They just should not, if they're on an AMD processor, expect identical performance to an Intel processor of equal generation. They're simply not in the same league, sir. The game will run, but it will not be as fast and as smooth, so that's essentially my goal here - to point out that yes, the game will run, and it may even run pretty well, but silky-smooth gameplay that's as hitch and stutter free as possible is not going to happen as much on an AMD as it will on an Intel.

A top-of-the-line AMD processor now will do about as good as an Intel Core 2 or a Nehalem i-Series, which are approximately 3-4 years old now. Anything more recent on Intel's side will perform better because it is, simply put, a superior processor in things that make games go fast, and short of new architecture, there's not much AMD can do to close that gap. That's what they're working on now, but it's going to be a couple more years until that plan bears fruit - and that's a good thing if it does, as competition is what will keep Intel from resting on its heels, and will keep us all getting better processors.

I'm on an old AMD processor and my box runs Hawken just fine, I don't think it's an argument of the capabilities of the processor. I think you're forgetting that this isn't a game like Crysis or Far Cry 2, this game uses U3 Engine and to be honest it's not CPU or GPU intensive -at all-; therefore it's safe to assume that someone who's running a box beyond the recommended shouldn't have the kind of problems he's having. This was never a question of the clients hardware to begin with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users