HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

weapons not doing damage at close range

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Deathgate

Deathgate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 11:05 PM

I have had a few matches were, I was at full health and the opponent had had one or two bars left and they killed me. I believe that my weapons were not doing any damage. Even my rockets did not harm the opponent.
Deathgate

#2 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 11:17 PM

yes, I agree with you, i had many matches like this . This needs to be addressed.

I see DeaD HawkeN PilotS and they all are  NooBS !

#3 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 11:19 PM

I don't think i can say I've ever experienced anything like this.

Any special circumstances you had at that moment or what weapons where you using_

#4 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMission Control

Posted November 23 2012 - 11:37 PM

This normally never happens to me, however I do have to mention, I just played a match where I went up to my friend in a DM while he was repairing and TOW-ed him point-blank. The rocket went through his mech and hit the building behind him.

Not sure if that's what the OP was talking about... but still relevant to the matter of weapons not doing damage.

Edited by Ace4225, November 23 2012 - 11:38 PM.

Posted Image
US East    -Brawler   -Berserker   -Scout   -Assault
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#5 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 12:30 AM

When iam dishing it out toe to toe with another mech , and i take the mech by surprise and we slug it out , i can see he has low hp and i fire my hell fire missles point blank and , i dont see jack  hits any dmage or hit or contact and BOOM ! iam dead.

Edited by Omega22, November 24 2012 - 12:32 AM.

#6 Baslok

Baslok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Locationruhrpott

Posted November 24 2012 - 01:47 AM

Herr the Same! Yesterday i had the Same experince, i've played with my scout against a assult, he only had 2-3 heal strips and i think i Hit him hard(i had Full heals) and nothing happend and than he killed me! Sahara Siege match

Posted Image

#7 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 01:50 AM

Yea , i think they need to look at this a fix this glitch or bug.  I got so many deaths from small mechs against my Heavy Rocketer Mech.

So now i dont go up close and attack from far ,  but truly they need to vamp up the weapons and damage system here.

#8 Mr_Anderson_1977

Mr_Anderson_1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMatrix

Posted November 24 2012 - 10:25 AM

Yes I have same problem in Sahara Map.

#9 Darkbolt

Darkbolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 02:49 PM

what makes you think shooting missiles at point blank range is even a good idea for you never mind your target!! what you are saying is "give me rockets i can spam at point blank range. And also make it so i cant be hurt by my own weapons. Make them fire and forget so i don't need any skill at all" Most missiles REAL or otherwise DO NOT arm until they are a certain distance from the launcher for OBVIOUS REASONS aka blow the hell out of yourself due to stupidity. You should NOT be able to even fire missiles at a point blank target this is why you have a ***SECONDARY WEAPON*** run and fight get some distance then FIRE missiles other wise 42 missiles detonating on your target 10 feet away should kill you too.

simple logic tells me this.

#10 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 07:52 PM

View PostDarkbolt, on November 25 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

what makes you think shooting missiles at point blank range is even a good idea for you never mind your target!! what you are saying is "give me rockets i can spam at point blank range. And also make it so i cant be hurt by my own weapons. Make them fire and forget so i don't need any skill at all" Most missiles REAL or otherwise DO NOT arm until they are a certain distance from the launcher for OBVIOUS REASONS aka blow the hell out of yourself due to stupidity. You should NOT be able to even fire missiles at a point blank target this is why you have a ***SECONDARY WEAPON*** run and fight get some distance then FIRE missiles other wise 42 missiles detonating on your target 10 feet away should kill you too.

simple logic tells me this.

Whether you should or should not and whether its simple logic or not..

Simple fact of the matter is that a weapon doesn't matter if its primary OR secondary or even an ability.. should ALWAYS make contact with the other player being shot at whether its 10 feet, 20 feet or point blank range.

And the game doesn't and I thought I was losing my own mind when this happened.

#11 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted November 25 2012 - 08:14 PM

i have had this issue with the rocketeer.

Seems to me the missiles dont come out from the end of the weapon more along the lines of the middle of the screen.

And considering they are seeking you would expect them to hit directly the target but if the target is slightly off target and too close for the rocket to shift its trajectory its simply going to pass them by.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users