HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken game client for MAC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Reiker

Reiker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 07:20 AM

Hi,

I want game client for my Mac. Will there be one when open beta launches___  Pleeeaseee! :)

As I have followed you for a long time i recall that a client for os x has been promised before...

Edited by Reiker, November 24 2012 - 08:04 AM.

#2 LordofNosgoth

LordofNosgoth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 07:26 AM

Since the game uses Direct X, I don't see that happening bub. Were I you, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Developing in an OpenGL environment isn't fun or rewarding. And there's very little money to be made from doing it since Mac only accounts for about 8% of the worldwide market share.

Good Luck to you though.
"There is no true genius without a tincture of madness." - Aristotle
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results; that is the definition of insanity." - Albert Einstein
"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." General George Patton
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
"Only two things are infinite: The universe and stupidity... and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

#3 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 24 2012 - 09:19 AM

If there is going to ever be a Mac client, I guarantee it will not be done ANYWHERE NEAR the launch of Open Beta. GUARANTEE. For the moment, Hawken is only supported for Windows XP, Vista, and 7.

A Mac port, if ever, is going to be a while down the road.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#4 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 24 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostLordofNosgoth, on November 24 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

Developing in an OpenGL environment isn't fun or rewarding.
Windows 8's lockdown is changing this rather dramatically, since you've got Valve and Blizzard outright rejecting Microsoft's attempt to take over all app control for Windows 8 apps, and DirectX 11.1 is Windows 8-only. Valve has already got L4D2 running on OpenGL with equal performance to the DirectX implementation, and they've started a private beta on the Steam Linux client.

It's going to be a good day to be a skilled OpenGL programmer, soon.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users