HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Internal upgrades

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Reiker

Reiker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 08:21 AM

Hi,

I have a difficult time reading what the pros and cons of the upgradeable internals are...   With that textsize and font I cant tell the differense between + and - , but I'm guessing that green is good and red is bad.

The other problem is that the pro´s and con´s aren't clear. For instance one of the upgrades has a (+)green text with higher weapon fire rate(or weapon damage) and a (-)red text with weapon heating. If the con is increased weapon heating, spell that out so that you don't read It as -weapon heating as in lower weapon heating that in fact is a pro...    

Conclusion: Increase upgrade description font size and readability, and type out all the pros and cons so that you cant misunderstand them!

#2 Reiker

Reiker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 08:28 AM

Hi,

In my opinion i think the new balancing of the internal upgrades are broken in beta 3. The cons are often so radical that the pros aren't worth getting and you put youre money somewhere else...

I think the cons should be subtle so that you can upgrade your mech without breaking something else... I understand that youre mech gets slower when you load it out with more armor but some upgrade cons are not as intuative.  Just keep it simple!

#3 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 08:45 AM

View PostReiker, on November 24 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

I think the cons should be subtle so that you can upgrade your mech without breaking something else... I understand that youre mech gets slower when you load it out with more armor but some upgrade cons are not as intuative.  Just keep it simple!
The numbers probably would benefit from another look but I've not noticed anything serious that can't be clawed back through other means.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users