HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Coalition team discussion.

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#1 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 06:23 PM

Posted Image
Spoiler
Coalition is a a team, not a clan, of mainly clan-less members and we are recruiting. You do not have to be clan-less we are open to all we just wish you make sure it's ok with your clan if you belong to one. We all have decided that we wish to participate in some more competitive and structured ways but we will not have punishments for not making matches/playing with other players. We understand people have lives. On a side note there has been talking of also adding a more social aspect and becoming a pseudo-clan but we haven't quite decided if that's right for us yet but be aware and the rules would be the same but we would be more open for people. :)

The only rules to be a tentative member is that you are a respectful teammate. Once you show that you can make matches and your a skilled player you can become a member. Members are expected to inform us if they can't make matches, saying nothing is counted as saying you can't make the match, However a member who is inactive for an extended period of time will become a tentative member until they become more active again. Also members are expected to make matches If they have said they will be attending and if they are absent enough times when they are expected to show they will again become a tentative member until there schedule become a bit more open to play.

Being a tentative member is in no way a punishment and doesn't stop you from joining a match to play it just lets us know how many players to expect.

Members:
  • Necro (Assault/Berserker)
  • Nymphs (Bruiser)
  • Sinj (Assalut/Scout))
  • OdinTheWise (Berserker)
  • Lockhart11 (assault)
Tentative Members:
(members who have hectic schedules or need to show competent teamwork.)
  • Spiderzlol
  • Fudd
  • Dyno
  • AdrenalineShadow
Classes:
  • X1 Scout
  • x3 Assault
  • x1 Berserker
  • x1 Brawler
  • x1 bruiser
  • x1 Berserker
Availability: (Times in central)

Necro
  • 5:00+ pm   mon-sun  west/east coast
Nymphs
  • West coast.
Sinj  
  • Evening  east coast.
OdinTheWise
  • 8:00-_ pm east coast.
Watermark/Banner:

Name ideas given in-case we want to change names at a later date.
Spoiler

Edited by Necro, December 18 2012 - 01:26 PM.

#2 Nymphs

Nymphs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 06:58 PM

I am a level seventeen at the moment.

Also, we could possibly have more people on the team as filler spots and as more people we could practice with. I feel like it would be beneficial if some didn't want to play on the team anymore or something of the sort came up. Also, we need a way to organize practices if we are able to. If not, I'm going to assume that we'll have to wait until Open Beta to get more serious about this.

#3 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted November 24 2012 - 08:16 PM

Level 20 Bruiser. Maxed out, no special "prestige" unlocks. I favour Point-D Vulcan as my main weapon, and should only get better with it once they align it with the patch notes.

That being said, I have played A-class mechs in EVERY stage of closed Beta (and even some in Alpha), specifically CB1 Infiltrator, CB2 Berserker, and right now in CB3 I'm a lvl 10 scout. Due to my consistent experience with A-class mechs, you'll find I'm a much better light mech player (though I do love the bruiser), so let me know if that option is at all open so I can swap out as needed. I roll a 4.0 kpd on a consistent basis.

ALSO: We need one more C class mech. Running 3 A class mechs or 3 B class mechs is a bad idea, especially on maps like Titan/Origin. I highly suggest you find an additional player who can play Grenadier or Brawler for this team.

Edited by Conquistador, November 24 2012 - 08:25 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 08:50 PM

I might end up going back to assault and trying it out again, i was good with it but i love the speed or the scout.

#5 Nymphs

Nymphs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostConquistador, on November 24 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

Level 20 Bruiser. Maxed out, no special "prestige" unlocks. I favour Point-D Vulcan as my main weapon, and should only get better with it once they align it with the patch notes.

That being said, I have played A-class mechs in EVERY stage of closed Beta (and even some in Alpha), specifically CB1 Infiltrator, CB2 Berserker, and right now in CB3 I'm a lvl 10 scout. Due to my consistent experience with A-class mechs, you'll find I'm a much better light mech player (though I do love the bruiser), so let me know if that option is at all open so I can swap out as needed. I roll a 4.0 kpd on a consistent basis.

ALSO: We need one more C class mech. Running 3 A class mechs or 3 B class mechs is a bad idea, especially on maps like Titan/Origin. I highly suggest you find an additional player who can play Grenadier or Brawler for this team.

I agree, I would prefer a Grenadier as a C-class on our team the most, though. When it comes to close quarters to mid-range combat, I feel that the grenadier has more potential to be devastating to a team than a bruiser. However, that has just been my experience when I was matched up against grenadiers, I could be wrong.

I feel we should decide who would take certain Class roles based on stats. However, since Scout is all I have really played with, I don't have much of a choice. I feel that a sharpshooter would be very beneficial. However, everyone who wanted to enlist as a B-class didn't pick this role.

All our team requires at the moment is a variety of mech roles to make sure that our team has limited significant weaknesses.

#6 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 09:23 PM

Also how the hell do you keep a 4.0 k/d_

#7 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostNecro, on November 24 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

By playing strategically. I consistently play 4:1 kpd ratio on the Bruiser right now, but a hell of a lot of coordination is required. Bruiser is BY FAR the most heavily synergistic mech in the game. I'm always on voice comms, always calling targets, and I try to avoid working alone. In the odd case where I do have to work alone, I roll a combination of machine gun turret or EMP. Or both. (It may be difficult to solo a C mech in a bruiser, but I've done it.)

View PostNymphs, on November 24 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

I agree, I would prefer a Grenadier as a C-class on our team the most, though. When it comes to close quarters to mid-range combat, I feel that the grenadier has more potential to be devastating to a team than a bruiser. However, that has just been my experience when I was matched up against grenadiers, I could be wrong.

I disagree on the bruiser's potential, mainly because I can see just how much damage it's capable of doing. The point-D vulcan is an amazing weapon at putting out sustained damage when used synergistically, as stated above. Play a game with me sometime. I'll be more than happy to demonstrate why you shouldn't discount the bruiser just yet. (especially when they re-buff the vulcan. THEN you'll see.)

I'd rather you get rid of one of your A class mechs, based on map. Rolling 3 light mechs would work really well on open maps like Bazaar, but would choke to death and get in each other's way on Origin (especially in Siege when defending the AA). When your A class mechs start blocking exits of other A class mechs, you're in deep trouble.

Edit: Also I have a level 12 scout now. Levelled up two levels since my last post.

Edited by Conquistador, November 24 2012 - 10:12 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 10:15 PM

I'll play a few more mechs to widen my play-style, I've really only played assault, scout, and like 30 minutes of everything else.

Also in origin I have found a really good spot to post up in a close combat mech, still be in range of the AA, and only be able to be shot if your opponents are really out in the open.

I'd have to show in game but it's a nice defence point.

I only play Pug games and I haven't used the chat function yet and I'm at 2.5, i think that's pretty high when i sit in matches through thick and thin.

Edited by Necro, November 24 2012 - 10:19 PM.

#9 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 10:31 PM

Yeah, variety is always good. Bruiser's taught me some odd skills that don't translate from A-class mechs, so it's somewhat outside my traditional comfort zone at the moment.

That being said, if you guys aren't comfortable with me playing Bruiser for this team, let me know. I still think it's a relevant mech with plenty of potential, but hey, what do I know_
Posted Image

#10 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted November 24 2012 - 10:50 PM

I take it you haven't played with (against) Conquistador yet....

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#11 Nymphs

Nymphs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostConquistador, on November 24 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

Yeah, variety is always good. Bruiser's taught me some odd skills that don't translate from A-class mechs, so it's somewhat outside my traditional comfort zone at the moment.

That being said, if you guys aren't comfortable with me playing Bruiser for this team, let me know. I still think it's a relevant mech with plenty of potential, but hey, what do I know_

I'm pretty comfortable with you playing as a bruiser if you feel comfortable with it. I haven't been able to play a coordinated game yet regarding team chat. In team games, I support my team when I can, however I'm not really synchronized with them 90% of the time. I feel that that's my weakness regarding the game. However, I'm eager to play with others in a coordinated fashion.

C:

#12 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 11:43 PM

View Postmarshalade, on November 24 2012 - 10:50 PM, said:

I take it you haven't played with (against) Conquistador yet....

I do take some pleasure from ending your killstreaks, sir. C:

That being said, don't feel bad. I enjoy a challenge now and then. Like that game where your team beat ours. My teammates were clearly outclassed. While it's rewarding trying to carry a team, I wasn't good enough to do so.

Edited by Conquistador, November 24 2012 - 11:46 PM.

Posted Image

#13 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted November 25 2012 - 01:12 AM

View PostConquistador, on November 24 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

I do take some pleasure from ending your killstreaks, sir. C:

That being said, don't feel bad. I enjoy a challenge now and then. Like that game where your team beat ours. My teammates were clearly outclassed. While it's rewarding trying to carry a team, I wasn't good enough to do so.

Yes, I can tell....

It's rewarding to know I was mopped the floor with by the very best. Your teammates were absolutely clueless regarding team or individual tactics of any sort, there was NOTHING that could have been done to win that game.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#14 Sinj

Sinj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationStamford, CT USA

Posted November 25 2012 - 10:09 AM

10 assault 9 scout I like them both to much to focus on one or the other.
Posted Image

#15 Nymphs

Nymphs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 11:08 PM

When would be a good day to arrange a time where would all play on a particular server_ Although we probably wouldn't be able to play solely on one team, it would be good for us, especially if we could find an empty server where we could segregate ourselves into different teams.

#16 Sinj

Sinj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationStamford, CT USA

Posted November 26 2012 - 06:37 PM

I am good for evening just let me know.

I with server browser was in it's so hard to level up with the games I have been getting.
Posted Image

#17 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 07:12 PM

Just suggest a time if you feel like playing then :)

#18 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 07:33 PM

I'm usually on in the evenings after 6 PST.
Posted Image

#19 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 08:11 PM

Usually on after 2 central.
(on and off)

Edited by Necro, November 26 2012 - 08:11 PM.

#20 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 08:26 PM

I'm also a west coast kinda guy. I lag horribly on east coast servers. They despise my existence.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users