HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Video showcasing that turret mode CAN work

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Strikermodel

Strikermodel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 05:44 AM

View PostKungfuDojo, on November 26 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

• reduced shooting angle: you can only vertically aim between 45 and -45 degrees. so if someone is flying directly above you for example (90 degrees) you just cannot shoot him. The thing to do would be to attack them from directly above. You can literally stand on them and finish them off.
Your opinions_
Everything is fine except for this. This change alone would make siege mode even more watered down. As is most light mechs have a rush down up close setup anyway, so I don't think making it easier for them is productive.

Personally I think the reduced turn rate and speed in their own right are enough of a draw back as mobility is so core to the combat in this game.

Edited by Strikermodel, November 27 2012 - 05:49 AM.

#22 KungfuDojo

KungfuDojo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 05:55 AM

We all want strong buffs for the mode but I think the reason the devs are scared to do it is because they don't want the game to become a camping c-class turret fest. And if they aren't careful it might very much become that. The buffs we want require a very clear defined downside.

For every major weakness we can get more power for the actual purpose of the mode so I would take this downside if we get something in exchange.

Edited by KungfuDojo, November 27 2012 - 05:57 AM.

#23 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 27 2012 - 08:01 AM

Heheheh.. keep making videos like these, pleases :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#24 ZergBong

ZergBong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 09:42 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 26 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

That video is probably the worst showcase possible of turret mode being viable. It was a complete steamroll against my team.
There's no way you can argue the viability when one side was working as a team, and the other was 1 guy trying to win constant 3v1s, a newbie and two complete scrubs.

DieselCat is a complete newbie, and while he tried his hardest, there's only so much he could do.

As for QuanZen and Zergbong, after the previous match where I rolled them, they both stacked onto my team.
Actually, ZergBong stated he was going to stop playing for the night at the end of being steamrolled, but then as soon as the next round loaded and there was a spot on my team, he was happy to hop on over and ride my coattails.
QuanZen pulled an even bigger douchebag move, and waited AFK for several minutes letting his teammate fight a 2v1, and then as soon as someone else loaded in and joined his teammate, he immediately switched to my team and only then started playing.

You have a great imagination ! that is all i can say. Oh yeah plus u were a douchebag and are, just for mentioning ppl names.
You had btw a level 20 mech and i was like between 0 and 5... I never played a game like that before so yes im new and your attitude is fuzzy bunny.
Im more of a RTS player: AOE2, SC:BW, SC2... and you should take example from the Starcraft community in the way you treat new members.

gl hf
gg

Edited by ZergBong, November 28 2012 - 03:53 PM.

#25 ZergBong

ZergBong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 10:45 AM

View Postdefekt, on November 26 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Had it even occurred to you that perhaps those other players were keen to learn from an experienced player, to shadow you for a little while and perhaps pick up a few tips_  Couldn't possibly be could it.  No of course not, they were all "complete scrubs" and "douchebags".  It's a shame because you are an experienced player -- well, you certainly talk a good game -- and I believe that new players could learn a lot from watching you play - if only you could clamber over your own self-importance every once in a while.

Cant agree more... XD

#26 ZergBong

ZergBong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostKungfuDojo, on November 26 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

[media]http://youtu.be/l7MBOwTzuW4[/media]

It is not my video but exspecially in the second half he holds the point for a very long time in siege mode. And it isn't even so much the damage reduction but rather the passiv repair that makes i viable. Imo if they polish it for that role for all heavies then it can be quite viable and fun. Things I would change/improve on:
  • passiv heal being a basic mechanic no matter which heavy (based around 30% - 50% of the repair heal maybe)
  • both - transformation and movementspeed - should be a tad higher
  • more damage: no heat generation and 20% decreased cooldown on both weapons
So these changes would make the mode definitely fun but it might be toxic for gameplay in general because it pretty much advertises camping/sitiing on a point spamming your stuff. So this is why it needs a clear way to be countered: Close quarter combat.
  • damage reduction seperates between explosions and bullets: 70% vs explosions/30% vs bullets
  • reduced shooting angle: you can only vertically aim between 45 and -45 degrees. so if someone is flying directly above you for example (90 degrees) you just cannot shoot him. The thing to do would be to attack them from directly above. You can literally stand on them and finish them off.
Your opinions_

Not cool ;)

Camping on a tower is a strategy_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users