HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

menu can be improved

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kreel2

kreel2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 05:39 PM

I noticed a couple of minor things that could be improved in the menu.

The training videos
The training videos for new players are well done, but the voice should be louder than the music. A couple of times I had a hard time hearing it well. And there should be a time slider, at one point I got distracted and the only way to know what I missed was to reopen the video.

The "X" button to exit
To close opened menus like the settings you have to press their button again, but that's not very intuitive.
Maybe a "X" button in the top-right to close any menu and return to the previous one could be better,
or the menu buttons could work like web buttons, illuminated or highlighted in some way when pressed, to better draw the attention of the user to their position and think of those buttons as "tabs".
Also the "apply" button could be moved or highlighted. After I changed the graphic settings I didn't noticed the apply button immediately because I was expecting it to be at the bottom-right instead of the top-left.

Matchmaking list
The matchmaking with the automatic search isn't very practical. Having also the manual list like before would be way better, and with that it could be good to have a button to return to the matchmaking list instead of returning to the main menu every time someone wants to quit a game.

#2 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 26 2012 - 05:43 PM

The clickable part of the scroll bars need to be a different color.
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users