HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Cannot Install Game

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Wolf_Knight

Wolf_Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOutside Philly

Posted November 27 2012 - 05:24 AM

I've run into the same problem I had in the earlier Alpha tests. I try to download the game and only get a small amount of the bar before it kicks to the finish screen. Trying to launch then results in a white box with only the side and bottom sliders showing. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do_ My system is running Win 7 Prof x64 and I do have the Norton security suite. Norton said the files were fine though and came up green status. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 27 2012 - 03:26 PM

If in doubt, uninstall completely and reinstall from scratch.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#3 Wolf_Knight

Wolf_Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOutside Philly

Posted November 29 2012 - 04:59 AM

I went in and deleted all files and tried the download again. Same results of a fraction of the bar filling and then jumping to the next screen with the finish button.

#4 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 05:31 AM

Add hawken-shipping. Exe and launcher. Exe to the white list of Norton then re-install

#5 Wolf_Knight

Wolf_Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOutside Philly

Posted November 29 2012 - 02:38 PM

Ok, in the Norton suite I found the list where you can add files so they are let through without any problems. When attempting to add the 2 files mentioned above it opens a list of files already on the computer and doesn't allow me to just type in the name of the .exe's. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#6 Goldmar

Goldmar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 30 2012 - 12:44 PM

I am having the same problem. However, I do NOT have norton (It's about as safe as a paper condom). The only thing that is the same is I am also running Win7x64. My problem also shows a box saying "Unable to load application configuration." I didn't play Alpha either.

#7 VertoPrime

VertoPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationHawaii (Oahu) USA

Posted December 01 2012 - 05:27 PM

The game writes to a sub-folder in My Documents (my games), some antivirus apps prevents apps from writing in sub-folders... Add My Games folder to your AV's safe list then reinstall.
Posted Image
Win7 Home Premium 64bit, AMD Athlon ™ II X4 620 2.60 GHz, 6GB ram, Geforce GTX550 Ti 2gb

#8 Partyzan

Partyzan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 02:17 PM

I have the same issue, using mcafee, win7 pro 64bit. Tried adding exception in the antivirus and even disabling it entirely, didn't help. Any other ideas _

This is very annoying since I just paid for the vanguard package and I cant actually play the game!

Edited by Partyzan, December 05 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#9 VertoPrime

VertoPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationHawaii (Oahu) USA

Posted December 07 2012 - 03:53 PM

McAfee and Norton are not Game friendly removing these programs should solve your problem. <_< Some antivirus applications like Ms-essential are game friendly and best of all it is free. :rolleyes:   The main reason I stopped using Norton and Mcafee is because they hijack your system and become system Hugs you have no control over what they do to your computer and you can't even turn them off...they use scare tactics to get you to pay your subscription by closing ports to the WWW this is why I had download problems.  To be honest they gave me more problems than any virus or malware and I had to pay a fee for it. :angry:
Posted Image
Win7 Home Premium 64bit, AMD Athlon ™ II X4 620 2.60 GHz, 6GB ram, Geforce GTX550 Ti 2gb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users