HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Event 3: no one is playing _

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 ZergBong

ZergBong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 08:57 AM

Im playing or try to play every day. No one is playing!! Is it a problem with hawken servers or what_

Event 2 was always full and we had a servers list...

Maybe make it a open beta until release will help _

#2 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 09:00 AM

I'd say it's more likely to be a case of matchmaking being rather fond of putting you into an empty server.

#3 zorin1

zorin1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 09:06 AM

It is take awhile to find a death match on the East coast servers.  When I do find a game it is never full, lucky if there are 4 people on.  I have not been playing Team DM because I am trying out new mechs so I don't know if the same is happing with those matches.  It just seemed that Beta 1 & 2 had more people playing.  Maybe people are starting to lose interest in the game because there is only 3 maps.  I was hopping for some new maps in Beta 3.

#4 techno_destructo

techno_destructo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 11:10 AM

Matchmaker also leaves me with the impression that nobody is playing.
Delete Yourself.

#5 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted November 27 2012 - 11:16 AM

I'd be willing to bet that if Adhesive weren't getting the data they needed right now, or if player count was down, they wouldn't just let it fly, especially during the weeks leading up to open beta. I haven't not managed to get into a game yet, but this might just be due to the hours I play.

#6 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 11:21 AM

Combination of Matchmaking system and the time of day. Earlier in the day the majority of people are working or at school depending where you are playing from.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#7 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted November 27 2012 - 11:27 AM

Personally I stopped testing three days ago due to all the troubles with matchmaking. Once that's fixed I will return, but not before.
Posted Image

#8 Darkbolt

Darkbolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 11:31 AM

2/3's of us can't play either nerfs made most quit or 32 bit memory crash makes this game simply unplayable period that is why. i was in alpha cb1,2 played this game alot!! cb3 i have hardly touched simply put really bad nerfs and "out of memory crash"

#9 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 11:44 AM

I don't play due to crappy matching

#10 Karaipantsu

Karaipantsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 11:49 AM

Way to be, Beta Testers.  Keep giving up all that non-participation, that helps the devs so much.

Last week, I ran into a number of Missile Assault games in a row that were unpopulated, but TDM and DM are almost always full rosters.  Seige is hit or miss.  This week, however, there's always plenty of games available.

#11 LunaticCalm

LunaticCalm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 01:07 PM

Been playing a lot less due to broken matchmaking and no autobalance.

Not going to be able to give much useful feedback from a 5 player game consisting of a 15, 13, and 8 versus a 4 and a 0.

#12 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted November 27 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostQuanZen, on November 27 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

Personally I stopped testing three days ago due to all the troubles with matchmaking. Once that's fixed I will return, but not before.
further testing shows you can't join a team if it has more players, so they fixed that bit, at least. Team swap is only enabled into teams with fewer or equal numbers of players. The problems you've been experiencing are all people leaving the server and not being replaced, not them swapping over to the winning side.

Edited by Conquistador, November 27 2012 - 01:20 PM.

Posted Image

#13 KyRoS

KyRoS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 01:35 PM

I simply am having problems finding games with people in them and often just dumped in to an empty server or lobby. Other times, when I'm able to find a game, the levels are very unbalanced, as mentioned above by LunaticCalm. It seems as though matchmaking is simply not working for whatever reason. Perhaps the patch tonight will address that as people who selected "all regions" weren't getting properly matched up_

Anyways, I hope to see it addressed. I look forward to playing it, but it's much more fun with a full server. About the only thing I can find at all is Deathmatch and that's because you play with only a few people.

Edited by KyRoS, November 27 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#14 Strikermodel

Strikermodel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 01:49 PM

I'm able to consistently find TDM games but not much in missile or siege.

#15 Darkbolt

Darkbolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostKaraipantsu, on November 27 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

Way to be, Beta Testers.  Keep giving up all that non-participation, that helps the devs so much.

Last week, I ran into a number of Missile Assault games in a row that were unpopulated, but TDM and DM are almost always full rosters.  Seige is hit or miss.  This week, however, there's always plenty of games available.

Are you daft or something_ did you not even read what i said_ ill make it larger for you  ***THIS GAME IS UP PLAYABLE FOR ME AND 1000'S OTHERS DUE TO THE WIN 32 OUT OF MEMORY CRASH. THIS IS NOT SOMETHING WE CAN FIX ON OUR OWN AND REQUIRES AN EFFORT BY THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM TO FIX THIS ISSUE!!! THEREFOR RUNNING THIS GAME ONLY TO CRASH UNDER 120 SECONDS LATER IS FUTILE AND POINTLESS AND MAKES IT ***IMPOSSABLE*** FOR US TO TEST ANYTHING AT ALL [REPEAT] "ANYTHING AT ALL" I don't know how much clearer i can make this just...try to keep up sparky ok__

#16 Hipnox

Hipnox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 03:55 PM

Constant crashes after every single match, coupled with the inability to select the map i want to play put me off the game.

Waiting for Open Beta

#17 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 27 2012 - 04:11 PM

I wonder if most of the crashes were caused due to that nasty chat issue which, IIRC, has been already fixed by the devs via this latest patch of today...

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#18 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 04:27 PM

View PostConquistador, on November 27 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

further testing shows you can't join a team if it has more players, so they fixed that bit, at least. Team swap is only enabled into teams with fewer or equal numbers of players. The problems you've been experiencing are all people leaving the server and not being replaced, not them swapping over to the winning side.
Nope people still switch sides a lot. Just ask AJK because people switch sides just to be on his team. So....
Posted Image

#19 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted November 27 2012 - 04:32 PM

View PostQuanZen, on November 27 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

Nope people still switch sides a lot. Just ask AJK because people switch sides just to be on his team. So....
did you try this with the latest patch_ The one they released today_ Because I did and can't do this via the user interface button.

Unless there's a hidden console command they put in that let's you do this, you shouldn't be able to right now.
Posted Image

#20 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostConquistador, on November 27 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

View PostQuanZen, on November 27 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

did you try this with the latest patch_ The one they released today_ Because I did and can't do this via the user interface button.

Unless there's a hidden console command they put in that let's you do this, you shouldn't be able to right now.
Nope I haven't played in about 3-4 days...since the last time we played together. So I will make sure to hop on tonight and see if Matchmaking is better. If not....well back to my hiatus.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users