HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Event 3: no one is playing _

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted November 27 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostQuanZen, on November 27 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

View PostConquistador, on November 27 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

View PostQuanZen, on November 27 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

View PostConquistador, on November 27 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

View PostQuanZen, on November 27 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

Personally I stopped testing three days ago due to all the troubles with matchmaking. Once that's fixed I will return, but not before.
further testing shows you can't join a team if it has more players, so they fixed that bit, at least. Team swap is only enabled into teams with fewer or equal numbers of players. The problems you've been experiencing are all people leaving the server and not being replaced, not them swapping over to the winning side.
Nope people still switch sides a lot. Just ask AJK because people switch sides just to be on his team. So....
did you try this with the latest patch_ The one they released today_ Because I did and can't do this via the user interface button.

Unless there's a hidden console command they put in that let's you do this, you shouldn't be able to right now.
Nope I haven't played in about 3-4 days...since the last time we played together. So I will make sure to hop on tonight and see if Matchmaking is better. If not....well back to my hiatus.

Haha, I don't blame you. I'm getting fatigued of hawken myself. There's just very little incentive to grind with a broken matchmaker these days. I've been joining totally imbalanced matchmaked games with new players and they're not challenging at all. I mean, I love to win as much as the next guy but not like this.
Posted Image

#22 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted November 27 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostConquistador, on November 27 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

View PostQuanZen, on November 27 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

View PostConquistador, on November 27 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

View PostQuanZen, on November 27 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

View PostConquistador, on November 27 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

Personally I stopped testing three days ago due to all the troubles with matchmaking. Once that's fixed I will return, but not before.
further testing shows you can't join a team if it has more players, so they fixed that bit, at least. Team swap is only enabled into teams with fewer or equal numbers of players. The problems you've been experiencing are all people leaving the server and not being replaced, not them swapping over to the winning side.
Nope people still switch sides a lot. Just ask AJK because people switch sides just to be on his team. So....
did you try this with the latest patch_ The one they released today_ Because I did and can't do this via the user interface button.

Unless there's a hidden console command they put in that let's you do this, you shouldn't be able to right now.
Nope I haven't played in about 3-4 days...since the last time we played together. So I will make sure to hop on tonight and see if Matchmaking is better. If not....well back to my hiatus.

Haha, I don't blame you. I'm getting fatigued of hawken myself. There's just very little incentive to grind with a broken matchmaker these days. I've been joining totally imbalanced matchmaked games with new players and they're not challenging at all. I mean, I love to win as much as the next guy but not like this.
Exactly my point my friend.
Posted Image

#23 Treebeard

Treebeard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 05:15 PM

I've stopped because I keep getting empty servers, or people who are obviously bs, perfect aim, hitting while dodging around corners, super jerky killcams, 30/0 scores.

#24 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 27 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostTreebeard, on November 27 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

I've stopped because I keep getting empty servers, or people who are obviously bs, perfect aim, hitting while dodging around corners, super jerky killcams, 30/0 scores.
Surely they're not just good at this game and better than you!

Must be hax.
I must be a 1337 hacker.
Posted Image

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, November 27 2012 - 05:31 PM.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#25 Tibster

Tibster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 05:40 PM

This is understandable !!!!!

#26 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 27 2012 - 05:41 PM

61 kills without any PhotoShop editing__

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#27 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 27 2012 - 06:03 PM

View PostThe_Silencer, on November 27 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

This was from CBE2, so there was some amount of vertical progression involved in my success.
But honestly, with the current population, it's not hard to pull off dozens of kills without a death for the more skilled players in this game. It just now that we're starting to figure out who each other are, we're intentionally fighting each other rather than going pubstomping all the time.

I'm just trying to point out how silly Treebeard is being by claiming scores of 30-0 are only achieved by bull@!#% means.

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, November 27 2012 - 06:04 PM.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#28 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 06:23 PM

Why i think it's not a problem with matchmaking - i'm playing at different times of the day.(siege/missle) I was put into an empty game 10 times in a row many times.(siege/missle) I was put ~7 times in a row to the same game with only 1 other person there ("hi again... bye... hi again.... bye... hi again") at first if anyone other came i've just readied up and started playing.. but playing 1v2 is getting boring after sometime no matter on which side i am. I can find some tdm games as opposed to siege/assault.

Why i think it may be a problem with matchmaking - not really convincing but there are many guys on forums reporting that they're still trying to find a game and although i look for non empty servers in different locations i still have yet to come across any of them :S .

#29 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted November 27 2012 - 06:31 PM

It is a problem with matchmaking, as has been stated in many posts already. The matchmaker currently has an affinity for dropping people into new unpopulated servers instead of finding a mostly-full one with room to add you into. As far as I know, it's not a problem with the player base.

#30 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 27 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 27 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

This was from CBE2, so there was some amount of vertical progression involved in my success.
But honestly, with the current population, it's not hard to pull off dozens of kills without a death for the more skilled players in this game. It just now that we're starting to figure out who each other are, we're intentionally fighting each other rather than going pubstomping all the time.

I'm just trying to point out how silly Treebeard is being by claiming scores of 30-0 are only achieved by bull@!#% means.

I was going to laugh if I looked and saw that your team lost even after you got that score.. sadly I was denied this laughter.. heh

I still gotta hook up with you to get some fun play time in. I put myself above avg.. well in serious gaming terms. I know younger guys with more time to invest will stomp me anymore. Buda reminded me of this earlier today. Still.. it was fun getting my ass handed to me. Made me really want to spend more time working my skills again. Not felt that in a while playing this game.

#31 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 27 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostAkrium, on November 27 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 27 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

I was going to laugh if I looked and saw that your team lost even after you got that score.. sadly I was denied this laughter.. heh

I still gotta hook up with you to get some fun play time in. I put myself above avg.. well in serious gaming terms. I know younger guys with more time to invest will stomp me anymore. Buda reminded me of this earlier today. Still.. it was fun getting my ass handed to me. Made me really want to spend more time working my skills again. Not felt that in a while playing this game.
As arrogant as I may come across (I don't try to be, but I get the feeling that some people feel this way about me) on the forums, I personally only consider myself somewhere around "better than average" and rather low on the competitive food chain.
I'd be glad to play with you. Feel free to add me to your friends.

AJK is right

#32 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 27 2012 - 07:45 PM

Don't you know that I'm just kidding_

I don't give a ... cheers! :P :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#33 Zyrusticae

Zyrusticae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 08:17 PM

Yep, there's no way to test much of anything when you keep getting dropped into empty rooms, which hopefully WON'T be representative of the final product.

Why isn't this hotfixed yet_ :(

#34 Karaipantsu

Karaipantsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 10:29 PM

Sigh... getting dropped into empty rooms IS testing. Especially in this phase of Closed Beta.  That's the friggin point.  The devs are looking for data on how the matchmaking system behaves.  Christ!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users