HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New map Idea along with a game mode!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:27 AM

So, the battleships in this game are pretty big, I was thinking it might be cool to have a map be either a large battle ship or possibly a hangar bay with some ships that you can enter ect.

Even crazier would be 2 ships currently engaged in battle and you could fly from one ship to another. This is my favorite idea if you couldn't tell :)

The game-type would go along with the map that is made.

Old ideas:
Spoiler

Houruck and Dark gave me a perfect idea for what the objective could be. (and made me delve way too deep in detail)

The ships are in a stalemate basically, Both of them are badly damaged and can't move from each other, possibly even crashed into on another. The captains decides to fire up the mechs so they can try to steal the other ships parts/fuel/what-have-you because they are the only functional weapons aboard the ships (for some reason). So there is a balance of getting your ship operational and trying not to explode while trying to damage the other ships vessel and steal enough parts to get away. There could be phases but I think the most strategic gameplay would be having quite a bit of things happening at once.Things that can happen.
  • Steal parts to get weapons operational again (lowers enemy's ship health)
  • Steal UE/parts to get shields operational again (helps against gun fire)
  • Players can just shoot enemy's ships to damage them. Maybe players can enter ships turrets_
  • Steal Fuel/EU to get engines operational.
  • Steal parts for a faster re-spawn time (maybe, might be unbalanced)
  • Steal Eu/parts for reapirs (heals your ship)
  • Damage opponents ship's internals. (maybe it stops shields/guns working)
Win conditions could be either destroying an enemy ship or maybe getting engines operational while having enough health to escape_

Didn't want to go too in detail because it would be a pretty big addition this late in the game, It's mostly for ideas.
Well that's been thrown out the window!

Thoughts_

Edited by Necro, November 28 2012 - 02:14 AM.

#2 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:45 AM

While it is not very lifelike (why would someone send a mech to board another flying ship instead of deploying fighter jets) it would be actually fun to play. I always loved the floating platform maps in other FPS games (Q3-DM19 or Morpheus in UT'99).

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#3 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:50 AM

I think I already mentioned something like this, somewhere.

Reminds me of the old Unreal Tournament custom level, CTF-Hyperblast (based off the stock in-game level DM-HyperBlast; Xan Kriegor is my Alpha and Omega, any day). But it'd be a cool idea for sure, and I'd definitely like some space-based levels.

Edited by DarkPulse, November 28 2012 - 01:50 AM.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#4 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:58 AM

To answer both your additions.

@Houruck
Yeah but to me Fun > Reality any day. The ships could be both damages and in space possibly so no jets then they have to rely on the mechs to destroy the enemy. In fact your suggestion gives me a perfect objective, (posted in OP)

@DarkPulse
It would be cool for it to be set in space, perhaps there could be zero-gravity or just lessened gravity, possibly a small gravity field generated by the ships to keep you from floating off. This would open up play on top of ships also.

#5 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 02:13 AM

Well i just went way too in detail with that :)

#6 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 28 2012 - 02:22 AM

View PostNecro, on November 28 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

@DarkPulse
It would be cool for it to be set in space, perhaps there could be zero-gravity or just lessened gravity, possibly a small gravity field generated by the ships to keep you from floating off. This would open up play on top of ships also.
That's exactly what DM-Hyperblast used. Inside the ship, normal gravity. Outside the ship, low gravity.

And it was fully possible to launch someone off the ship with splash damage and have them die due to the elements of space. :P
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#7 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 02:26 AM

^ that would be a very fun game mechanic.

#8 cH_aos

cH_aos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAndromeda

Posted November 28 2012 - 04:53 AM

Great idea, I would love to see more epic scale map. Reusing assets like the huge battleships would be a nice touch.

#9 Stealth_303

Stealth_303

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 28 2012 - 05:00 AM

OMG - This idea is awesome OP

Back in ETQW we had a map called BaseRace you had to go to the enemy base and steal your base parts, both sides were constantly defending and stealing. After each part was successfully stolen and installed new parts would become available. Each stolen and installed part gave your team a boost like a defensive wall or a new vehicle to use.

I would love to see this type of game implemented within Hawken, it would be a great success.
Posted Image

#10 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:00 PM

Thanks for the agreement in how epic this would be, hopefully this thread isn't passed over or forgotten :)

I'll probably do a carryover of this for open Beta regardless because it just sounds so fun.

#11 Flakkjack

Flakkjack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:27 PM

+1. Well done on the idea, now like you say, just needs some attention.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users