HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New Footage/Interview at Gametrailers.com

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Maligkno

Maligkno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted June 01 2011 - 08:06 AM

Alot of new feutures are very detailed on the interview and its looking to be nothing short than amazing, too bad becose the guy says they are aiming to ship it early to mid 2012, so a 6 month release window whit no timing on the beta and they still have yet to find a publisher, the sooner they do that the faster the game will be out.

Posted Image

#2 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted June 01 2011 - 08:37 AM

Nice find! I think it's also worth mentioning that this is a 2-part interview, and that both segments can be found here in standard and high-definition.

#3 ApocalypeX

ApocalypeX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted June 01 2011 - 11:20 AM

Just finished watching it. Really nice walkthrough. I was a bit downed about it coming out 2012'ish but I'd rather it be polished than give me a splinter. :)

#4 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 01 2011 - 12:20 PM

Yeah, congrats!! :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#5 Goblinoid

Goblinoid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 01 2011 - 01:11 PM

Looks awesome! Quite pleased to hear more about the game!

Definitely looking forward to E3 coverage as well.

#6 LordIron

LordIron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted June 01 2011 - 03:44 PM

Just finished watching the second part. Awesome design choices (asian mech designs are the best). To all the people who are demanding a 3rd person view: what you don't understand, is that it requires a lot of work to put in, even beyond the simple change of view. Textures have to be remade for things not visible in 1st person or even created anew, models may have to be added and textured. All that takes time. This is not a bazar where you can bargain for something. This is a business and there are deadlines. So stop it.

To the devs : Stay focused,  don't get caught up on following the latest trend. LI out.

#7 Pawken

Pawken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 01 2011 - 03:55 PM

Awesomeeeee thanks for the link
Posted Image

#8 Porcupine

Porcupine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted June 01 2011 - 04:50 PM

Great, that was a lot of new information! Looking forward to know more in the next E3 ^^

and I really love that light mech  :mrgreen:

#9 Flyingdebris

Flyingdebris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted June 01 2011 - 06:17 PM

also 3rd person kinda goes against the whole point of this game.  If it wasn't for the fact that all you'd see is dirt, i would have loved to keep 1st person in shutdown mode too, lol.

but good vid, i fall more in love with this game by the day.  A few design choices I'm a little on the fence about, like no ammo, but i'll deal.  Love the look of the light mech
Mech time all the time

#10 Robert1374

Robert1374

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted June 01 2011 - 07:36 PM

I love the cockpit view like SB. But i also love how beautiful both games are. Sometimes i wanted to get rid of the static as well as see the mech just because the mech designs like that light mech are so awesome so i feel your pain 3rd person people! But my better half wins out.

Gladly keep the cockpit view only though.

I'll just have to be content to watch replays and remain conflicted on how awesome the designs are.

#11 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted June 01 2011 - 08:36 PM

3rd person would require an additional overhaul of UI and targeting as well, plus create a discrepency in peripheral vision between the view modes (high level play = 3rd person only_).

Shutdown/Repair mode has more details to be added which should make the 3rd person switch more digestible .  The idea is to have the pilot actually exit the mech to make repairs.  Since you are temporarily vulnerable and immobile, the wider view of surroundings is really helpful.

#12 HitmonInfinity

HitmonInfinity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted June 01 2011 - 09:07 PM

Repair mode sounds awesome, Chris.  Should make gameplay pretty intense.

#13 Pawken

Pawken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 02 2011 - 12:50 AM

I think the way you have the game at the moment is perfect, i especially love how there is only 3 types of mech and only minimal upgrades as it keeps it simple and balanced. COD sucks these days for me because i get lost in all the upgrades and perks n crap.

Keep it simple is a motto i live by.

ps Love the first person view, pleeeeeeeeease dont make a 3rd person view
Posted Image

#14 RedskullSS

RedskullSS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted June 02 2011 - 01:27 AM

Ive been keeping an eye on this since the first revealed footage back in March, I just watched the 16 minute game play footage just now, and had to register here, just to show my support, the footage was amazing and I was really happy at what I heard as much as what I'd seen

1st person view only please  :D ,but I've no problems about a 3rd person mod running on certain servers though, kinda bummed that mid 2012 is the release date mentioned, but hopefully a beta version well happen before that to keep us all happy, I cant wait to see some new E3 footage now

#15 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 02 2011 - 04:39 AM

Besides repairs, I do also think that the 3rd person view would provide a huge extra amount of LOS ( Line of Sight ) Vs. players playing in first person view. That, in a way that many might consider as cheating, IMO.

Additionally, you guys might consider to tweak the 180º move a little more by turning on only one of the jets as well as making the mech to lift a bit until it touches the floor again.
Hope this helps! :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#16 Maligkno

Maligkno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted June 02 2011 - 07:30 AM

ChrisLalli said:

3rd person would require an additional overhaul of UI and targeting as well, plus create a discrepency in peripheral vision between the view modes (high level play = 3rd person only_).

Shutdown/Repair mode has more details to be added which should make the 3rd person switch more digestible .  The idea is to have the pilot actually exit the mech to make repairs.  Since you are temporarily vulnerable and immobile, the wider view of surroundings is really helpful.

The whole 3rd person view makes alot of sense while repairing, but we would like a 3rd person view gamemode for those types of games fans, 3rd person shooter are just as popular as FPS now a days, examples: gears of war, uncharted, battlefield: heroes, among many others.

Personaly whe i got in to the 3rd person mode in modern warfare 2 i never looked back.

@Urethra franklin your point makes for one of the best rules of competitive play, make it simple yet hard to master thats what makes us keep coming back for more, i see alot of games geting ruined by over implementing stuff or adding way to many wepons that brake balance.

Posted Image

#17 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted June 02 2011 - 10:16 AM

ChrisLalli said:

Yeah, +1 for staying away from 3rd.  The 3rd while repairing is cool though.

#18 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted June 02 2011 - 12:02 PM

Holy crap- during the repair mode, your guy actually comes out and jury-rigs the thing himself_ Freakin' awesome.

3rd person view makes sense for repair mode, but please leave it 1st person with that awesome cockpit for the normal gameplay!

#19 kaney

kaney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted June 15 2011 - 02:53 PM

I would like a third person view mode. I like to see the sick mech I'm piloting. It seems like a waste not being able to see it.

#20 SixSeconds

SixSeconds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted June 16 2011 - 12:58 AM

Please, please keep third-person restricted to repairs. Or, at least, force you to shut down during it.

Actually, being able to toggle third-person at the cost of vulnerability would be neat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users