HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Swapping Teams and Matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Marauder66

Marauder66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, Scotland

Posted November 28 2012 - 02:13 PM

Posted this in the overall suggestions but actually I guess it should be here

I love the new switch feature and use it a lot, and it is getting rarer and rarer to finish a game 5v3 or 5v2, but I have been in a few games where it is obvious that one team is much stronger than the other, but with a number balance, i.e. 2v2 there is no way to switch except to have 2 players exit and rejoin which isn't practical for a bounce game. Is it possible to have a swap button as well for these instances so a player on each team can esc then swap and off we go. In fact as the switch is disabled when teams are even, it could become a swap button in that instance. Would also make things easier when organising clan matches getting people onto the right teams without having to exit and switch and re-enter, etc.

Had another instance last night 5v5 or 6v6 with one team having 3 lvl 20 mechs and me at lvl14 - not sure what the matchmaking was doing as it was obvious that the guys in our team were all high XP per game players against a lot of completely new guys - but we couldn't swap round as the numbers were even and until you get in to the game you can't tell what level the mechs are at. Eventually a guy in the opposition rage quit claiming we were cheating, and as noone else swapped, I did, so it was a 4v5 and hopefully a more even match. What really bugged me then was that as we had 5 even though the team was being stomped, one of our team was allowed to switch to the winning team.

So suggestions
1. Add swap button when team numbers are even
2. Don't allow switching from a losing team, or a team losing by say more than 8 kills
3. Have a look at the matchmaking, I'm sure you are already. :)

Thanks for a great game.

Edit*

Further to this issue another poinn that springs to mind is the matchmaking post round when players stay in a lobby for the next game. I have played a few where it is very obvious who the best players are, high level mechs and high kills/xp from the previous round, but this doesn't seem to be taken into account in the next match. One extreme example from last night, I was top for my team but the opposition were almost double our score with two guys outscoring me 2 to 1 so I expected to be paired with one of these guys in the next round, only to find to my surprise that it put all three of us together in the same team!

Edited by Marauder66, November 30 2012 - 03:22 AM.

Posted Image

HOP ON

#2 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 28 2012 - 02:20 PM

The level of the mech in no way shows the skill of the player. All it tells you is how long he has played. There are no real bonuses in this beta for your level.

But I do like a swap feature.. that would be rather interesting to have. Have it auto-pick the bottom 2 players from the losing team as the only ppl with the choice to swap to anyone on the winning team.

#3 JustJake

JustJake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 04:54 AM

I would love a swap feature. I'm sure the devs are working on the usual stable of FPS in-game utilities, like map-voting, vote-kicking, and team selection.

Posted Image

#4 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 29 2012 - 05:34 AM

Now that you mention this, I hope that a player playing in a team who is about to lose get no extra reawards just by switching teams in the last moment. Anyone could confirm if this case may occur as for now_

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users