HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Empty servers cause im a N00b_

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MACR0SS

MACR0SS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 03:41 AM

I play pretty casually and my level is low.  It seems now that i may be in a small minority of players in low ranks that is playing and the match making system keeps putting me in servers on my own.

Ok.. im not the greatest player, but would be nice to actually be able to join a server to play rather than sit in the lobby waiting for someone else at level 4 or whatever to log in!!!

Is my low level keeping me isolatged now that most have progressed to higher levels and matchmaker deems me too N00bish to join them_

#2 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 29 2012 - 04:01 AM

No, it's the fact matchmaking is kind of a shambles right now. Pretty much nobody likes it, but hey, if it improves it for the devs later on, we all are doing our duty and I'll suffer with dignity.

But if that server browser ain't back by December 12th, I'm raising Cain. :P

Edited by DarkPulse, November 29 2012 - 04:01 AM.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#3 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 04:05 AM

Yeah I think that's true. And the time of day. I used to have a hard time finding people to play with in the middle levels and even then 3v3 was a good matchup to find. Now that I'm level 15 I'm actually starting to find good matches of 5v5s. I recommend friending anyone you've had a good match with, that way you can just join whatever server they end up in later.
Desert Fox

#4 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 04:17 AM

I knew mech levels would only confuse the issue.  If people mentioned their Mech Mastery score (Profile > the number under the portrait) that might be more insightful in so far as trying to work out what's going.  Mech level probably means almost nothing (if not actually nothing) where matching one player against another is concerned.

Edited by defekt, November 29 2012 - 04:17 AM.

#5 PiVoR

PiVoR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted November 29 2012 - 04:45 AM

How mech level can impact matchmaking if you chose your mech AFTER you join a server_ And obviously mech level doesent reflect skill.

#6 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 04:49 AM

I think it just uses your highest level mech to matchmake.
Desert Fox

#7 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 29 2012 - 05:32 AM

Answering to the OP, stay in there for a while and if no one gets in the game then exit and try it again. This has happened to me some few times too. Although most of the times I've found and  played game with a decent amount of pilots in. Luck with that! ;)

P.S. I'm quite confident on that this won't be an issue anymore in further builds of the Hawken game.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#8 SunshineSloth

SunshineSloth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationSouth of the Equator, North of the South Pole.

Posted November 29 2012 - 06:16 AM

Macross you're playing on Australian servers right_

Those are pretty much deserted right now. It's been really bad since they took away the "All region." button. We're struggling to find people to play against. It's probably just how it's going to be for the next week.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users