HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

changing team balance

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#101 rdKNIGHTMAREZ

rdKNIGHTMAREZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 07:58 AM

you critize me for what you perscive as the slightest error of judgement , then come out with stuff like '' rage quitting has nothing to do with hawken credits'

oh how wrong you are.

adding a currency to unlock mechs, and upgrade the mech you are piloting makes every fight have a context, the context of how well off you are....how rich you are across games.

unreal_quake_ they don't have this permanence and consistency between matches.

none of you seem to want to acknowledge how bitter people feel when despite their skill and mech upgrades, they get beaten into a pulp with unfair teams,

none of you acknowledge that team fortress 2 has a simple team-balancing system.

i can't seem to tell which of you think the current system is fine

which it isn't

and whom amongst you thinks some sort of system would be good, but not the one i suggest.

My system, although a minor inconvenience SOME of the time, helps prevents the real problem, .....abusive players all wanting that little scrap of xp.

saying '' oh but sometimes im the one being abusive, not the abused...or i can find another game'' isn't a solution. its pretending a problem isn't there

Edited by rdKNIGHTMAREZ, December 03 2012 - 08:00 AM.

#102 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 03 2012 - 08:33 AM

Oh don't worry, I don't see your error of judgement as 'slight'. Solving one problem with a bigger one isn't a 'slight' error of judgement.

What are you even referring to by hawken credits_ Hawken points or Meteor points_ For hawken points you get rewarded for how well you preform, personally and as a team. If you lose some games due to numbers you will win some games due to numbers. It's not going to break the game once matchmaking is working better and more people are playing with open beta onwards. As for Meteor points, which is what you made it sound like you meant earlier, I have clearly explained this in my previous post. Allow me to elaborate with a directly applicable example and let me tell you why:

I played LoL for 9 months. In that time I never bought a single thing. I played the game entirely for free and enjoyed it. I earnt everything I had by playing it. I had no inclination to pay anything to riot despite the enjoyment I was having. I also have friends who did buy things in the game, they enjoyed it too. Therefore, as long as you can PLAY the game it will generate income. Once again, stopping a person from playing the game discourages them from playing at all and thus paying for anything at all. What part of that doesn't make sense_

Rage quitting a match or two or a hundred even doesn't harm the potential for the game to make money or for people to gain XP anywhere near as much as making people to want to stop playing all together. No playing literal makes zero money for the dev's and zero XP for the players who aren't playing. Regardless of how you feel, I and many others can still enjoy a one sided game on the losing side. It can get close. Those are the best games in my opinion. In the rare instances when there is a massive discrepancy, which I'll add I've only seen on 2/3 occasions myself, then people are free to leave to find a more balanced game. If I want to leave, let me leave. if I want to play, let me play. You talk about giving more control to the player. your suggestion takes all control away.

Edited by Subdivision, December 03 2012 - 08:35 AM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users