HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Berserker Test Drive

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ci2e

Ci2e

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted November 30 2012 - 02:25 PM

I just selected the Berserker to test drive it for the remaining 6 days, and I'm immediately expected to purchase the mech upon trying to enter the garage.

Shouldn't it be free if it's being offered as a test drive_

#2 Makina

Makina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted November 30 2012 - 04:06 PM

test drive makes you able to play with it, but not upgrade it, for that you gotta buy the mech, but now you can use it in any match, to test it I guess
Alienware Aurora R4 : Intel I7-3820 4 core 3.6 - OC 4.1 // 8 GB rams (Soon 16 GB) // 2 GB AMD Radeon HD 7870 // Basic 7.1 Sound Card // 17' & 50' 1080p Screens // Oculus Rift equipped .

All system green...Ready for action.

#3 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 30 2012 - 04:20 PM

You have to get any free mech from the mech shop. Then it will be in your garage. If you try to upgrade the mech you will be prompt to purchase it.
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#4 Ci2e

Ci2e

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted November 30 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hah are you kidding me, I remember the Rocketeer being offered for test drive and the garage was accessible no problem like 2 weeks ago...

I guess this makes sense I just don't like it.  I'd prefer being able to customize it while it is being offered for free under "test drive".

#5 Makina

Makina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted November 30 2012 - 07:18 PM

yeah It would be better, but in fact its really just to try it and its weapons to see if you like then, then you can buy it if you like it : /, even if you level it up, you wont be able to use your points either
Alienware Aurora R4 : Intel I7-3820 4 core 3.6 - OC 4.1 // 8 GB rams (Soon 16 GB) // 2 GB AMD Radeon HD 7870 // Basic 7.1 Sound Card // 17' & 50' 1080p Screens // Oculus Rift equipped .

All system green...Ready for action.

#6 Ci2e

Ci2e

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted November 30 2012 - 08:10 PM

Yeah, that would be like the pilots in AirMech being offered for free trial, but you don't get any of the buffs for that pilot.

If you think you should be able to customize Mechs offered under Test Drive then let us know you agree.  This could be changed for the final game if new Mechs are ever offered for Test Drive.

#7 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted December 01 2012 - 03:49 AM

I like it how it is. It encourages people to buy the mechs they like or if they were just having fun in the test drive one that week =D it also allows people to check things out of their comfort zone.
Posted Image

#8 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 01 2012 - 04:20 AM

View PostMakina, on November 30 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

test drive makes you able to play with it, but not upgrade it, for that you gotta buy the mech, but now you can use it in any match, to test it I guess
This is correct.

View PostCi2e, on November 30 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

Hah are you kidding me, I remember the Rocketeer being offered for test drive and the garage was accessible no problem like 2 weeks ago...

I guess this makes sense I just don't like it.  I'd prefer being able to customize it while it is being offered for free under "test drive".
You don't get to customize cars before you buy them, do you_ :P
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users