HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Dropped to desktop, Game still running

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationEarth, last time I checked

Posted December 01 2012 - 07:05 AM

Bug: In the middle of a firefight the game gives out an error sound and drops to desktop with the match still in progress. On opening the game again, my unit is not quite where it was on the map when dropped to desktop.

Repeat: unknown.

Frequency: random (twice).

Severity: unknown (was not killed either time).

Notes: Playing on UK server from midwest US with approx. 150 ping. Lag issues were sporatic with enemy mechs occasionally shifting posistions on screen momentarily sometimes remaining in shifted spot and sometimes bouncing back to where they were. Server recalibrating/conectivity_

System: Win7 64, Geforce GT650 2gig, 16gig ddr3, netgear r4500, motorola sb6121

#2 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 08:15 AM

This happened again today on Prosk (US server this time) with ping of approx 100 and with no error sound. It was in the middle of a major furball and I was well below 100 hit points. Game drops to desktop (still running) and I open it back up again as fast as possible to find the fight has moved on and I have 96 hitpoints. In all fairness, it looked as though I was about to take a barrage of hellfires to the face and should have posted one more death statistic at that point.

No unusual key combinations to the best of my knowledge and still a random occurance.

#3 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 03:20 PM

This sounds like you have something running in the background like xfire or MSN taking focus.

#4 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 03:58 PM

Happened twice more today. Once with a torrent running and once without.

Generally I do not have anything else open except for Internet Exporer with the Hawken forum up (previous incidents only IE was open) and I close steam down if not using it so that is not an issue here.

Only control oddity might be that I have boost bound to the caps lock key.

Edited by RipperT, December 04 2012 - 03:58 PM.

#5 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 12:45 AM

Happened again this morning on Uptown map in the middle of a fight (again), this time with the error sound as the game exited to desktop. At the time of the error I had the capslock button pressed and the mouse one key pressed as I was getting ready to dodge. Only other program running was IE. Was experiencing some server lag shifts (instant short transport across map) in the minutes before the drop (also during battle). Ping was running around 55 on east coast server.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users