HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Adjustable zoom levels

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Karaipantsu

Karaipantsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 10:53 AM

The zoom function feels like it could use some tweaking, and as a consequence, could help bring the Sharpshooter class up a little in the competitive ranking.

I'd like to see the mousewheel scroll adjust zoom levels, maybe anywhere from 2x to 3x.  You'd want max zoom at long ranges, but at medium range (where most of the other classes engage at), the zoom is the only way you're going to hit anything smaller than a a fat elephant with the Sabot and Slug.  Max zoom is just too focused to use at that range without losing track of your target, and pulling your aim in zoomed mode to track fast moving A-class mechs is basically impossible before they're all up in yo grill.  Pulling back the zoom 33% would give a larger view and better tracking at closer ranges.  Sharpies could have a chance at a medium range engagement, which would certainly be an improvement.  This can't feel like too much of an advantage, because zoom still shakes like a beast when you move, so you're pretty much stuck in place.  So you may be rooted (still), but at least you can hit something without the RNG of shooting from the hip that currently cripples the SS class in anything but ideal circumstance.

#2 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 11:41 AM

+1
Posted Image

#3 fwip

fwip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationFuture Pittsburgh

Posted December 03 2012 - 02:44 PM

I'd rather see the Sabot and Slug able to fire from the hip accurately - with the caveat that moving decreases accuracy. If a sharpshooter stands still for a short length of time (maybe around a second_), I think their accuracy should be restored even if they're not scoped.
Posted Image

#4 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted December 03 2012 - 05:49 PM

*cough*

http://community.pla...ld-to-zoom-etc/

;)

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#5 Karaipantsu

Karaipantsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 07:17 PM

Not quite the same idea.  You're looking at quick scope, which could work, but I wouldn't want to see it in the game, honestly.

#6 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 08:28 PM

View Postfwip, on December 03 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

I'd rather see the Sabot and Slug able to fire from the hip accurately - with the caveat that moving decreases accuracy. If a sharpshooter stands still for a short length of time (maybe around a second_), I think their accuracy should be restored even if they're not scoped.
I honestly don't even think that moving should effect it.

We've got a number of no spread weapons. I don't see why the sniper rifles, who already do less damage, need to have their aim get mauled.

#7 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted December 04 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostKaraipantsu, on December 03 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

Not quite the same idea.  You're looking at quick scope, which could work, but I wouldn't want to see it in the game, honestly.
Hmm, quick scoping was the last thing on my mind when I thought of that idea.  While it is theoretically possible to do so now, I don't want to make it any easier.

Regardless, you bring up a good point, so scratch that quicker zoom idea or a hold-to-zoom button. :)

On the subject of multiple zoom levels, I could have sworn more than once that I had zoomed in even farther when trying to get out of a scoped view.  I think I may have caught it with my last recording, I'll have to watch for it when I do the editing.

Anyone else seen anything like this_

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users