HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Assault impressions

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 NoobDestroyer

NoobDestroyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 08:46 AM

So what are poeples impressions of the assault mech_

Im at lvl 12 right now and have all my points in damage and am loving the class.

Most games I do pretty well but on occasion someone with a higher skill level than me will give me some problems

Also, I found I need to get in moderately close to wreak havoc. One thing I love is letting a few heavies go in first soak up some damage and get everyones health down a bit, then i go in full burst, let everything rip till overheat, hit the remove overheat, let rip, and unless their are high skill players on the other side, nothing will be left standing.

Nothing is more satisfying that giving the other side a full wipe :)

Also, will there be structured tourneys with prizes and things in the future like Tribes does_ I dont see that competitive gaming will be that big for Hawken, but I think there should still be a small competitive scene.

#2 Karaipantsu

Karaipantsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 03:52 PM

It's certainly the most noob friendly.  I started off in a Sharpshooter, went to a Brawler, and then eventually gave up and tried out the Assault I started with, and almost immediately noticed a huge boost in my scores.  TOW equipped Mechs just throw out damage like candy, it's bonkers.

Of course, if the Vulc hadn't been gimped like woah in this beta, I might have done better in my bruiser.  But oh well.

#3 MarkJW

MarkJW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 03:58 PM

I went with Berserker and loved it mainly because it was a faster, harder-hitting Assault. It's a lot more fragile, though, and without the armor boost items from CBT2 stacked on it, it's easily destroyed. I still enjoy jumping in the Assault now and then when I need the additional protection and the skill is by far the most useful skill I've seen in the game thus far. I haven't played all the classes yet, though.

#4 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 04 2012 - 04:13 PM

I'd like to state that I'm not feeling quite satisfied with the performance of my level 10 Assault in CB3. Pretty slow, too vulnerable and not enough punchas it is now, IMHO.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#5 iamhoshi

iamhoshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted December 04 2012 - 04:34 PM

moved from assault lvl20 to scout lvl20 - best decision.

Edited by iamhoshi, December 04 2012 - 04:34 PM.

#6 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 04 2012 - 04:37 PM

Same here, so something is going wrong with the Assault. Make it clumpsy if you want, even with movement upgrades, but please, bing back his punch! At least the Assault rifle could make a difference at close/medium range.. but as it is now.. pretty useless toy now... sigh.. it was my favourite! :unsure:

Edit: Your avatar makes me think in... Karaokes ;)

Edited by The_Silencer, December 04 2012 - 04:43 PM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#7 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:11 PM

View Postiamhoshi, on December 04 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

moved from assault lvl20 to scout lvl20 - best decision.

Pretty much this.

Assault in CB3 is just the training wheels for the Class-A fuzzy bunny fest that is the level 20 scout (HEAT+TOW=LOLOLOL).

I haven't been bothered to play Hawken for a while so I don't know how powerful the heat dissipation + vulcan combination is.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#8 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 04:57 AM

HEAT Scout is mental; I had to try it and now that I have I feel- dirty.  (Not as dirty as I would feel in a Rocketeer tho.)

#9 Spawny

Spawny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted December 05 2012 - 06:33 AM

View Postdefekt, on December 05 2012 - 04:57 AM, said:

HEAT Scout is mental; I had to try it and now that I have I feel- dirty.  (Not as dirty as I would feel in a Rocketeer tho.)

I play a Flak scout to be different :P

I like the assault though. Picked it up this week to test it and my scores just dropped a tad (no internals/items to make a difference). The playstyle is entirely different and using the assaultrifle meant I could deal damage from a bit further away. It's a lot easier to dodge incomming missiles when you're not 10 feet from someones barrel.
I feel the increase in armour makes up for the decrease in manouverability. You just have to play the mech quite differently when compared with A classes.
Alpha 2 B-Class Bruiser
Closed Beta 1 C-Class Brawler
Closed Beta 2 A-Class Berzerker
Closed Beta 3 A-Class Scout

#10 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 07:24 AM

Assault and Bruiser (with a fixed Vulcan) are my current idea of machines that have no significant weaknesses; they can take the fight pretty much anywhere.

#11 Karaipantsu

Karaipantsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 08:12 AM

I agree.  Assault can engage at almost any range with some degree of effectiveness and moves pretty well.  The Bruiser, if the Vulcan were the close range monster it's supposed to be, could do the same with Hellfires at range and Vulcan up close, while being able to take a beating under sustained fire.

#12 NoobDestroyer

NoobDestroyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 10:38 AM

Hmm I must try a scout and see what all the rage is about before they balance/nerf their burst dps

Has the Assualt mechs dps been decreased recently or no_

Also, I love the remove heat skill on the assault as well. I hear alot of ppl go for all heat reduction upgrades on some of the other mechs, but with the removal skill on teh assualt class I dont spent any points or upgrades in heat reduction.. Is that a good move or no_

#13 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted December 05 2012 - 08:45 PM

Assault is pretty darn good, most noobies underestimate its full potential.

I feel more comfortable playing the assault over the scout personally, and if you cant aim your weapon properly who cares about potential dps on weapons right_

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#14 Karaipantsu

Karaipantsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostNoobDestroyer, on December 05 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

Also, I love the remove heat skill on the assault as well. I hear alot of ppl go for all heat reduction upgrades on some of the other mechs, but with the removal skill on teh assualt class I dont spent any points or upgrades in heat reduction.. Is that a good move or no_

Pretty much, yeah.  I also don't get the point of upgrading the Assault's ability.  It drains all your heat, no matter what... so what's being upgraded_

#15 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, Illinois

Posted December 07 2012 - 02:59 AM

They should never have slowed the b and c class mechs. Specifically not the b class.
Crackin' eggs like we crack smoke. Smoke crack_ No! That's bad!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users