HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Any Mech weapon combinations you really want to see_

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 BeefC4ke

BeefC4ke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 04:11 PM

Light (A) class with slug/sabot and weapons coolant.

Please Q_Q
/Merf-isms - What will he come up with next_

dirtnapgaming.com

#22 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted December 05 2012 - 04:26 PM

View Postkillyg, on December 05 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

View PostEtan, on December 05 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

To my knowledge all bullets can blow up incoming explosives.
wait....wut_  Has this always been true_
It's been true for at least this beta. I never noticed before, but it could well have been. Explosives don't often get blown out of the air, so it's a little hard to tell when it started.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#23 Timber_Wolf

Timber_Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 07:10 PM

Mini-flak or flak + tow + speed boost ability on a B class.
Wait, fight-club, right.

On a serious note, a bullet based CQC secondary would be really cool, and I'd love to use the hawkins on an A or B class without using the sabot rifle as a secondary.  Ideally with hellfire, because I love hellfire.  Also give me hellfire/hellfire.

I still wish confused turtle was a real option in Skyrim...
Chicks dig giant robots.

#24 johnbearross

johnbearross

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSouthern NV, USA

Posted December 05 2012 - 07:31 PM

A fatboy sniper would be fun.  A C class with a sabot and scope ability would be coupled with something light and close-in suppressive, like a submachine gun.  Then, turret mode might actually be effective, since the thing would basically be a sniper tank.

Best,
JBR

#25 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 07:02 AM

They can, I've done it a number of times; tricky tho, to the point of being pure luck.  Point being, if the 'Phalanx' lashed out enough rounds to make this a viable characteristic of the weapon it might make for a decent, non-explosive Secondary.

#26 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted December 06 2012 - 10:05 AM

View Postdefekt, on December 06 2012 - 07:02 AM, said:

They can, I've done it a number of times; tricky tho, to the point of being pure luck.  Point being, if the 'Phalanx' lashed out enough rounds to make this a viable characteristic of the weapon it might make for a decent, non-explosive Secondary.
Apparently you can also blow up explosives with other explosives.
I hit a grenade with my TOW last night. Pure luck, but amazing to see.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#27 fwip

fwip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationFuture Pittsburgh

Posted December 06 2012 - 10:08 AM

I've definitely launched a detonator missile, then without thinking launched a TOW straight after it. They collided and I took a large chunk of my health out. :[

I may or may not have done this on several occasions...
Posted Image

#28 BlackCephie

BlackCephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted December 06 2012 - 11:05 AM

There needs to be more weapons in general, especially secondaries. Id like to see a high explosive secondary that fires actual mines (not like EOC) that you can shoot, then halt the trajectory mid flight with the weapon utility, causing the mine to hover in place wherever it was when you hit the utility, and they explode on proximity,: or contact with a wall or mech. Or better yet you fire it, it halts itself at a given distance, and the weapon utility actually gives you remote control of it, changing the view to the mine's camera, allowing you to fly it around like an explody RC, that doesn't give away your position when you detonate it, at the cost of being vulnerable while controlling it.

Also, some sort of carbine would be nice. Something with a semi-auto feature that fires as fast as you can click.

Id also like to see a kind of blade launcher type of weapon. Something that fires like a guass cannon (hypersonic speeds, but make it a kind of serated disk instead of a spike) and make it so that it either travels through opponents, doing reduced damage for each subsequent target hit, OR make it bounce between enemies within a given radius of each other, still with reduced damage for each subsequent enemy hit.

What about a secondary that only fires an EMP type of projectile with a smaller or no AOE, but does the same thing as the EMP item.

Or what about another type of support ish secondary that fires smoke bombs that interrupt targeting_

Oh oh or what about a kind of chemical weapon secondary that fires canisters that explode on contact or remotely, with low inital burst but DoT's the target, doing some amount of damage over time, and give it a lower cooldown than most other secondaries_

Bhcfyrujdekijjn OH OH OH! OR...OR what about another kind of missile battery type weapon that fires vertical missiles_

Dunno, just some ideas for more diversity. I am currently working on some original Hawken concept art, so maybe Ill throw these into the project just to give them visual representation. Even if they didn't add any of them to the game, id still like to see them in a visual manifestation.

Overall though, I feel that not only do more weapons need to be added, but more weapons that are role based and fit into the niche of each mech class. Right now, the only real difference in the mechs are the chassis, so the most distinguishing factor is speed. We have the abilities, but some are just straight doodoo, while others are more useful, so that needs a fix too. Overall though, I don't think that the given weapon sets contribute much diversity, and some mechs of different classes share weapons, which muddles things up. I wanna say they should give each class their own completely unique weapon sets, then at level 20 unlock the ability to purchase other weapons that are unique to that class. If not more weapons, then what about weapon Mods that are unique to each class, i.e. a mod that switches the nade launcher to a chemical weapons canister projectile that still bounces.

Edited by BlackCephie, December 06 2012 - 11:22 AM.

Posted Image

#29 Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 01:59 PM

Mini flak(primary) and flak(secondary) could make an intense close range fighter.

#30 fwip

fwip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationFuture Pittsburgh

Posted December 07 2012 - 02:16 PM

I'd also like to see the SA Hawkins on more mechs. Perhaps on an A, with a Grenade Launcher.
Posted Image

#31 IguanaMGT

IguanaMGT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted December 07 2012 - 04:11 PM

Nobody thought about electricity_ An idea similar to one of BlackCephie's (serrated disk blade) - a small metallic sphere or a small energy sphere similar to health/heal sparks which would hit with electricity charge the targeted mech on impact and mechs/items around it with the intensity decreased with distance. The discharge should last 1-3 seconds with the visual effect of electricity bolts hopping from the target mech to others in the vicinity, somewhat similar to the bolts seen in tutorial videos inside the EMP sphere, or like the ones one of the repair droids is using.
It would be usefull for charge to affect not only the metallic mechs but also the items.
If we'd go even deeper, besides the health decreasing the electricity charge could also disrupt HUDs in mechs similarly like in the part of the Siege boot animation, with horizontal spikes in the picture or something like that. And it could also disable the more delicate electronics in some of the deployed item objects like remote radar or radar-scrambler for a few seconds or during the discharge time. Maybe even disable the turrets for a few seconds, too, or rather make them turn sideways and up/down (in the wrong direction), like unable to find the target but trying. When discharge is over, deployed items regain functionality, and mechs regain stable HUD display with no visual glitches. The weapon should be a slow recharge, I guess, as it would be too overpowered otherwise, not so because of the health decrease which should be moderate, but because of the HUD disruptions nuisance. I can only guess, ofcourse. ;)
That kind of weapon opens up possibilities for a new internal upgrades, too. Like the electricity shielding which lowers the effect or duration of the electricity charge, and perhaps once in the future, a new kind of map construction where the metallic structures and objects could be used as a conductor for the charge of this weapon. Like a blast radius now can damage/kill the target hidden behind the corner, so the electricity charge could damage/kill/disrupt the target (mech/item) which stands on a metallic or conductive scenery object or near the metallic or conductive scenery object. We already have a lots of piping an tubing and wireing we're stomping on on some maps, and eg. on Bazaar (Sahara) there arent many to walk on, but there are some of those plus antennas on the rooftops where some players like to sit. :)

That's one of my ideas, devs or designers could think about this, and you fellow pilots can tell me your opinion on such a weapon in Hawken. :)

Another idea which came across my mind was laying mines of some sort, either landmines, or sticky tripwire mines detonated by breaking the laser beam. Those could be an items and could be planted on the vertical surfaces with the laser beam going horizontaly to the first obstacle upto some predefined distance. If the beam is broken, the mine is detonated with the directional charge in the direction of the laser beam. That would be ideal for booby-trapping some chokepoints, doors, even narrow halls or closed quarters. ]:) The laser beam should be visible, e.g. red, and it would also open up the possibilities of some internal detectors (as upgrades) or something. For example, scout class could get such a detector as a standard support item for buying. Well, devs and designers (and fellow pilots), use your imagination to refine those ideas if you like. I think that's enough for one post. :)

I'll restrain myself from mentioning some kind of BFG energy weapon from a C-class mech this time... And save it for L8R... ;D

#32 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted December 07 2012 - 04:17 PM

I though about electricity but I basically decided to wait and see what weapons the devs were holding back on. I was a pro with the Volt gun on Crysis 2. No one understood how i could use it so effectively.

#33 BlackCephie

BlackCephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted December 09 2012 - 01:23 PM

Some kind of laser weaponry could be sweet. Maybe something that does minimal damage but debuffs the target's armor, similar to the lasers in MWO. What about a tow cable item you could use to latch onto a target, keeping them from running away, or make it impassable, so you could fire it at a wall and cut off escape routes or points of attack/entry. Maybe even hit the item button again to spider manbot zoom to the latch location/target. Kinda silly I guess, but would be interesting to say the least.

Edited by BlackCephie, December 09 2012 - 01:24 PM.

Posted Image

#34 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted December 10 2012 - 08:19 AM

It would be nice if there were more weapons in general, because any combo I can really think of is already in the game in some form or another. But I'll throw in another vote for Hawkins and Hellfire (Double-H combo!).

What I think WOULD be cool and could lead to some interesting weapon setups, however, would be the ability to swap out not just your primary, but the secondary too (still out of the same three-weapon pool per class, though). Imagine an Infiltrator with AR and HEAT, or a Bruiser with Vulcan and SMC for a serious close quarters beast.

Just throwin that out there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users