HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Game Freeze when switching apps while using dual monitors

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Husk3r

Husk3r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 06:02 AM

Summary: While waiting for a match up, I switched to second screen to check internet and the game froze.

■Steps to Reproduce: I did an ALT-TAB to switch to an open Internet Explorer 9 window on my auxilary monitor while waiting for more team members to enter que. Hawken was running on my main display.
■Frequency: 5 times out of 5 attempts.
■Severity:  1 (minor)
■Additional Notes: n/a.
■System Specs:
Windows 7
4GB RAM
GPU = 64MB Dedicated Video Memory INtel® HD Graphics 3000
router = Linksys ethernet switch 24 port 10/100 wired Product ID EF3124
Speedtouch DSL modem

#2 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 07:08 AM

This game does not like being alt-tabbed. In fact most games don't and can show this type of behavior..  Make sure full screen is unchecked and use alt+enter if you have too.

#3 EMEUTIER

EMEUTIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted December 05 2012 - 08:19 AM

What is really strange is that since the first alpha I have been playing hawken with dual monitors regularly alt-tabbing in and out of the game and between monitors and never had any trouble at all.

It seem odd that others are encountering this issue. Perhaps it may be an incompatibility with certain systems or software.
Posted Image

#4 Fantus_Longhorn

Fantus_Longhorn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, UK

Posted December 05 2012 - 09:26 AM

View PostEMEUTIER, on December 05 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

What is really strange is that since the first alpha I have been playing hawken with dual monitors regularly alt-tabbing in and out of the game and between monitors and never had any trouble at all.

It seem odd that others are encountering this issue. Perhaps it may be an incompatibility with certain systems or software.

+1 to this.

I'm running a GTX 480 with no issues at all with dual monitors and Alt-Tab. The issues I have seen on this forum seem to relate to ATi (AMD) and Intel Graphics so it's possibly to do with that_ Purely anecdotal, though.
What's interesting is that it's been mentioned that Nvidia have been more than happy to help with optimizing this game but AMD have refused to assist in any way.

I'm not trying to start rumors, honest! :ph34r:

Posted Image

Hawken EMP Youtube Channel ~ Watch Previous Episodes Here

And unto us a clan is born...

"May all our assists be critical and all our kills be stolen. Amen"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users