HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

EMPs Should EMP the EMPer

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 10 2012 - 01:20 PM

Maybe, maybe slightly decreasing its velocity..

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#42 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted December 10 2012 - 01:38 PM

View PostEtan, on December 10 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

Increase the cooldown on it. It is way shorter then the other support items. To 3 minutes i think so its not used in every fight.
Don't cooldowns reset on death_
IE couldn't I just tell teammates to blow themselves up every time we need another EMP and aren't in immediate danger_
10-20 seconds isn't very long in this game

Edited by Beemann, December 10 2012 - 01:45 PM.

Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#43 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted December 10 2012 - 03:07 PM

When are you not in immediate danger_ When you spawn_ cause in a comp game i would see them pressuring you when they can and if you are down a player that would be a great time to engage. Whats better having a EMP or a teammate_ And this argument can be used for ALL items. But EMP is considered different because its a Support item instead of offensive and the other support items aren't as good in all situations. And i would suggest a longer respawn on suicides but i dont know how well that would work. Maybe if you do majority of the damage to yourself it increases your respawn_ As of right now i think In TDM it costs your team a point and in siege it costs your team EU already. So it is more then just the time it takes. You have to also figure the time it takes for them to kill themselves its not a instant process.
Posted Image

#44 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted December 10 2012 - 07:43 PM

1 wipe/cripple enemy team (IE win team fight, possibly with liberal EMP use)
2 teammate(s) explode, keeping numbers advantage but losing a few members for about as long as the enemy team stays dead
3 teammates return shortly after enemies do, keeping things simple

And this is different for EMP because it's a HUGE advantage, and competent players won't miss with it

Also its worth noting that a back-and-forth based around who has more items is still boring as fuzzy bunny to watch

Also I can't imagine either TDM or Siege being the comp game mode. Both are easily exploited and nowhere near ideal from a spectator standpoint

Edited by Beemann, December 10 2012 - 07:44 PM.

Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users