HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Subtle, but helpful suggestions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 09:12 AM

1. Differentiate in game chat color and/or location from game notification text.  Currently there is no distinction (it's definitely the same location and I think it's the same color if memory serves).  It's obvious when somebody types something long, but some of the short, in-game comments go un-noticed because it's lost in the shuffle of the constant updates/notifications.

2. Make the in-game notifications a rolling, scrolling log of maybe a few lines rather than the current system of 'immediate notification-to-fade-out'.   Always having a recent log of events helps players keep tabs on where the immediate strategic advantage is or isn't.  For example, if you see your team just wasted 3 enemies in a row, you immediately know you have a few moments of where you can press the issue while the enemy team regroups.  This would be particularly useful in game modes like Siege or Missle Assault where battling for landmark control (missle turrets, energy collection points) is ongoing throughout the match.  The current system the notification appears then it's gone.  I am frequently missing these when fighting.  There is just no time to read it all while engaged with enemies.

Your thoughts are welcome.  Be gentle. :)

Edited by Bigfoot, December 07 2012 - 09:14 AM.

#2 TazzGo

TazzGo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationÉire

Posted December 07 2012 - 10:07 AM

I'd have to agree with you on the retaining messages front, it would be handy to be able to see the last 3 or 4 messages there, especially in busy games.

However they do differentiate between the two chat colours. General is Yellow and team is white afaik.
Posted Image

#3 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 10:36 AM

Persistent chat lines have been requested before but to my knowledge nothing has been said about such a thing being added.  The number of times I miss entire conversations, sometimes even directed at me, and only discover what was said at the end of the round is IMO evidence of a less than ideal chat display.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users