HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Destructible Environments

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KillerRabbit

KillerRabbit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted June 27 2011 - 01:34 PM

This would be a cool feature to add, not necessary of course.

Its just always more fun being a giant robot that can tear down a city.

I doesn't have to be as elaborate as BFBC2/BF3, but even minor things like signs that can have holes blown through them would be amazing.

#2 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted June 27 2011 - 01:45 PM

Being the small and budgetary indie team that Adhesive Games is, implementing environments with a heavy dose of destruction just isn't feasible. To pull a quote from Dave, I think you'll be pleased with what the team have cooking for Hawken.

There are some levels of destruction in the environment. Nothing big at the moment. Many of the smaller props can be damaged and or destroyed. It is an awesome feeling to run down and area and shatter almost everything in your path. Or watching a giant mech land on a container and see it crumble beneath its feet.
You can find another thread discussing this very topic here. I hope this helps!

#3 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted June 27 2011 - 02:07 PM

One thing I know is that destructible environments are VERY hard to pull off in multiplayer games. Something with the physics really jams up the lag.

Being the small team that they are, I wouldn't really expect something like it.

#4 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 29 2011 - 02:09 PM

Lag is what man must to avoid in any game always; indeed.

According to the latest videos, there is a lot of destructible stuff here and there. And IMO that's fun enough, having into account that the game has not hit the streets yet. Thus many new items are yet to be included and unkown at this stage. If they do put destructible items, as for example, gas tanks, crates, windows_, doors_, et cetera then the better for the sake of the enrichment of tactics during the fights.

This subject does not worry me much though. And once more.. just my 2 cents on the matter. :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#5 Provi

Provi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted June 29 2011 - 02:48 PM

As long as those broken pieces aren't interactive at a strategic level, there is no need to have the destruction synced on all of the player's screens. So it wouldn't necessarily increase lag.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users