HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Failed reboot_

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 VuLtUrE36

VuLtUrE36

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted July 20 2011 - 05:54 AM

I don’t know if anyone saw it or not, but MechWarrior was having a reboot on the 360. The games developers have been facing some legal problems against robotech for mech designs.
Anyone know if they are permanently stopped or if this is just temporary_
Heres a link to the only gamplay/trailer they have.

Missiles hurt, :cry:
Join I.R.M.
help stop ID-10-T errors

#2 DarkS7ar

DarkS7ar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 20 2011 - 06:11 AM

That video is about 2 years old I believe and about a year ago they said the legal problems were being discussed.... that was a year ago.

Honestly I think this is going to be one of those games that takes the next 12 years (Duke nukem) To come out.
This is really sad, but I could always be wrong.
Above the sky, beneath the stars.
Is where I soar, and your world is no more.

http://i306.photobuc...597d4c3e0b5.jpg
^Queen of sniping.

DESTROY   Cupcake!

#3 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted July 20 2011 - 06:14 AM

I've heard tell that the whole business with Harmony Gold was just a front, and the development's proceeding as planned.

#4 k0rN_b4LL

k0rN_b4LL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted July 25 2011 - 02:31 PM

One can only hope but I doubt it.  I would love to see a new mechwarrior game, and as much as I love my 360 it might just be the thing to get me to save up and get a game worthy PC.  (Mechwarrior was too complicated for console controls imo, I'm not sure it could transition well without becoming an in-cockpit Mechassault)

#5 SixEcho

SixEcho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted July 27 2011 - 10:32 AM

K0rN b4LL said:

One can only hope but I doubt it.  I would love to see a new mechwarrior game, and as much as I love my 360 it might just be the thing to get me to save up and get a game worthy PC.  (Mechwarrior was too complicated for console controls imo, I'm not sure it could transition well without becoming an in-cockpit Mechassault)

This is negative how_

#6 k0rN_b4LL

k0rN_b4LL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted July 27 2011 - 03:48 PM

Mechassault was a good game but Mechwarrior is far superior.  If they are gonna make a new Mechwarrior it should feel like Mechwarrior and nothing else.

#7 DarkS7ar

DarkS7ar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 27 2011 - 06:35 PM

K0rN b4LL said:

Mechassault was a good game but Mechwarrior is far superior.  If they are gonna make a new Mechwarrior it should feel like Mechwarrior and nothing else.

Agreed.

^Queen of sniping.

DESTROY   Cupcake!

#8 SixEcho

SixEcho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted July 28 2011 - 09:53 AM

I wasn't in the age group that was privy to Mechwarrior, Mechassault still stands as my favorite mech game. Played Grinder with my younger brother almost as much as Supersmash Bros on the N64.

#9 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 29 2011 - 01:52 AM

TheDubstepDisciple said:

K0rN b4LL said:

This is negative how_

I personally dont think that would be negative. I would love an In-Cockpit Mechassault that combined the best aspects of Mechwarrior and both Mechassaults.
(/^▽^)/

#10 DarkS7ar

DarkS7ar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 31 2011 - 07:02 PM

TheDubstepDisciple said:

I wasn't in the age group that was privy to Mechwarrior, Mechassault still stands as my favorite mech game. Played Grinder with my younger brother almost as much as Supersmash Bros on the N64.

(I'm going to make some MechWarrior fans mad when I say this)

To be honest I've never played MechWarrior on the PC. OK so I've only played MechWarrior 1 like the first 2 missions. But my only real MechWarrior experience is in an arcade with the big ass chair that moved. Yeah high score baby! I spent about 20 dollars on that thing one week.

So Dub I've really only played mechassault, but I still think putting a first person view in mechassault wouldn't make it the new mechwarrior. That's all I'm trying to get at.

^Queen of sniping.

DESTROY   Cupcake!

#11 k0rN_b4LL

k0rN_b4LL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted July 31 2011 - 07:24 PM

^ WHAAAAAAAAAAAT_!_ Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic