HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Is there a Single Player element (or will there be plans for it later)_

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lakcaj22

lakcaj22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:22 PM

Hi guys!  Really liked what I've seen so far of this and am looking forward to start in.  Before I download the 4.5 GB client,though, can someone tell me if there is an SP element for Hawken_  I rarely ever play anything multiplayer and would be content using bots if they are good enough to be fun.  From the little I've seen on here, there is not a SP campaign (correct me if I'm wrong), but are there plans to make one down the road_

Jackal

#2 Riku

Riku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:25 PM

There is an interactive tutorial that can be played single player, but I it goes over some basic game concepts (with target drones, but they aren't mech bots). I can only speak for the present, but there isn't any single player content that will last more than a few minutes without you wanting to jump into multiplayer.

#3 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:28 PM

At the moment there is no offline play whatsoever except the tutorial. Offline play is a future feature, but it will be deathmatch with (currently very stupid) bots. There are no plans that I know of so far to have a storyline-based campaign for Hawken (or at least the devs aren't saying anything).

Edited by Elix, December 12 2012 - 08:28 PM.

HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#4 lakcaj22

lakcaj22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:38 PM

Riku, Elix, thanks for the quick responses.  I might grab the install when I have some time.  While it looks like a lot of fun, I'm not sure if it's for me at the moment.  If the bot A.I. gets better (and certainly if there is a single player mode in some vein), then I will be back here in a heartbeat.

#5 DrewUniverse

DrewUniverse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNiles, IL

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostElix, on December 12 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

There are no plans that I know of so far to have a storyline-based campaign for Hawken (or at least the devs aren't saying anything).

That being said, there is an official live-action teaser video that shows a man mentioning "The Hawken virus." Maybe there is a story planned in future development of the game_

Lakcaj22: (That's Jackal spelled backwards, isn't it_ :) ) Sorry to see that this may not be the game for you, but I am a big single-player guy myself sometimes; I understand. If you are able to, I'd suggest MechAssault and MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf for the original Xbox. MA may feel too dated for you but MA2 has some fantastic enhancements that make it just as good if not better. Both were personal classics that made me love mech games in general; and they both have a single-player campaign. I'd suggest that you give both a try unless you have already experienced them. Wherever your gaming takes you, good luck!

Edited by DrewUniverse, December 12 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#6 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:52 PM

There's already a story. Hawken is a full-blown multimedia effort.

For example, here are the sample chapters of the graphic novel. Lucky people who read this during Closed Beta got the code for a CB invite and got to enjoy the game during its last test phase around the end of November.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#7 Chutson

Chutson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 10:47 PM

Single-player deathmatch or team deathmatch with bots would be pretty nifty (harkens back to the era of UT2004 for me). No matter what, though, I do thoroughly enjoy this game more than I thought. Been too long since I've played a solid mech game, a pretty darn good one at that.

#8 Braken

Braken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 01:25 AM

View PostDrewUniverse, on December 12 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

View PostElix, on December 12 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

There are no plans that I know of so far to have a storyline-based campaign for Hawken (or at least the devs aren't saying anything).

That being said, there is an official live-action teaser video that shows a man mentioning "The Hawken virus." Maybe there is a story planned in future development of the game_

Lakcaj22: (That's Jackal spelled backwards, isn't it_ :) ) Sorry to see that this may not be the game for you, but I am a big single-player guy myself sometimes; I understand. If you are able to, I'd suggest MechAssault and MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf for the original Xbox. MA may feel too dated for you but MA2 has some fantastic enhancements that make it just as good if not better. Both were personal classics that made me love mech games in general; and they both have a single-player campaign. I'd suggest that you give both a try unless you have already experienced them. Wherever your gaming takes you, good luck!

I miss the Mech Assault series of games... Those were really fun, and were easy to get into, compared to the Mech Warrior games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users