HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Auto-aim

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Jemebot

Jemebot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 09:30 PM

I think it would be nice to to have a small auto-aim that can be toggled on and off if wanted, simply to help the brand new players to be able to do better.

#2 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted December 12 2012 - 10:32 PM

Uhm, HELL NO !_
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#3 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 12 2012 - 10:33 PM

Auto-aim is for console FPSs where the thumbstick is not an accurate aiming device compared to a mouse.

Hawken is built for PC. Please don't try and turn it into CoD with mechs.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#4 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 09:33 PM

I would be fine with assist aim in honestly...i find it hinders me more then helps me but all power to you.

#5 Aces_loaded

Aces_loaded

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSt.Louis MO

Posted December 12 2012 - 09:35 PM

no I think it's also a terrible idea...allowing an auto aim will completely negate a newer player from getting better...they would always rely on their crutch.

#6 Inushokin

Inushokin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGrove City, Ohio

Posted December 12 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostJemebot, on December 12 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

I think it would be nice to to have a small auto-aim that can be toggled on and off if wanted, simply to help the brand new players to be able to do better.

No way bro.

#7 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:38 AM

Agreed.  Auto-aim is just a Bad Idea™ to implement.

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#8 BetoPGG

BetoPGG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:50 AM

Auto aim_ Why dont you suggest Hawken to change its name to CoD Meccha Botfare too_... U_u

#9 Thane_4

Thane_4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:07 AM

auto f'ing aim_ WTF...

Get a smoothing mouse pad, up your framerate or something, don't listen to your ego so much or something...

#10 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:13 AM

If they add autoaim I will instantly quit the game, no question.

Also, good job on creating a thread in the POLL forum without having a POLL.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#11 Urkaburka

Urkaburka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:16 AM

Pretty sure the OP is joking.  I'm going to tell myself that.

#12 Tzukasa

Tzukasa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:16 AM

No No and NO. Absolutely fuzzy bunny NOT. This is not some easy mode console game. This is a gamers pc game. Dumbing it down with console kiddie stuff like this will make me for one not play anymore.

#13 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:21 AM

All the previous posters above me have forgotten a critical point: They already have this in the game.

It's called the "Rocketeer". For a few in-game credits, you too can buy your very own auto-aim feature for your mech garage! The rocketeer's standard loadout equips two auto-tracking weapons with aim assist: the hellfire missile pod and the seeker round!

Tired of having to aim_ No problem, the Rocketeer aims for you! Simply point and click to win.

It even comes with a convenient toggle if you're fed up of not having to aim because things are simply too easy! Simply select another (non-Rocketeer) mech from your garage to switch off auto-aim. It's that simple.

And all this for an incomparably low price! Order your auto-aim today, and we'll throw in the frustrated whining of your vanquished foes absolutely free!

Edited by Conquistador, December 13 2012 - 10:38 AM.

Posted Image

#14 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:40 AM

View PostConquistador, on December 13 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

All the previous posters above me have forgotten a critical point: They already have this in the game.

It's called the "Rocketeer". For a few in-game credits, you too can buy your very own auto-aim feature for your mech garage! The rocketeer's standard loadout equips two auto-tracking weapons with aim assist: the hellfire missile pod and the seeker round!

Tired of having to aim_ No problem, the Rocketeer aims for you! Simply point and click to win.

It even comes with a convenient toggle if you're fed up of not having to aim because things are simply too easy! Simply select another (non-Rocketeer) mech from your garage to switch off auto-aim. It's that simple.

And all this for an incomparably low price! Order your auto-aim today, and we'll throw in the frustrated whining of your vanquished foes absolutely free!

Except you are conveniently ignoring the fact that the Rocketeer doesn't auto-lock it's Hellfire missiles, and that you still have to manually place your reticle over any enemy you wish to target.
Auto aim means locking on and staying locked/being assisted in staying locked on in most (console) games.
Rocketeer doesn't do that for you.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_

#15 WickedSoN

WickedSoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:49 AM

Is this thread for real_ Auto-aim is for WEENIES.

#16 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:57 AM

This suggestion is bad and you should feel badly about yourself.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#17 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted December 13 2012 - 11:07 AM

Just play the Rocketeer it has auto-aim...so that Mech should suit you fine. Most new players love that Mech :lol:
Posted Image

#18 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted December 13 2012 - 11:14 AM

I did like how Dread_Lord_Pitr totally ignored the seeker in his argument. By definition, the seeker does fit into the standard definition of an aim-assisted weapon. It doesn't even require lock on, like the Hellfires.

Also, I'm fairly certain the Hellfires are auto-aim when all you need to do to fire a homing volley is click two buttons instead of one. All the lock on requires is that you sweep your noise cursor in the general direction of your enemy. That's like standard auto-aim weapons. Just because you click an additional button doesn't automatically disqualify it from this categorization.

Conclusion: Rocketeer provides auto-aim. Buy it immediately.

Edited by Conquistador, December 13 2012 - 11:15 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 11:15 AM

double post, gahwd

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, December 13 2012 - 11:19 AM.

#20 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 11:18 AM

View PostQuanZen, on December 13 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

Just play the Rocketeer it has auto-aim...so that Mech should suit you fine. Most new players love that Mech :lol:

Except with the nerf they did to it it is now useless and seeker doesn't even lock on 90% of the time.
But don't take my word for it, see for yourself.
Besides, didn't i just explain why that argument is BS _

View PostConquistador, on December 13 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

I did like how Dread_Lord_Pitr totally ignored the seeker in his argument. By definition, the seeker does fit into the standard definition of an aim-assisted weapon. It doesn't even require lock on, like the Hellfires.

Also, I'm fairly certain the Hellfires are auto-aim when all you need to do to fire a homing volley is click two buttons instead of one. All the lock on requires is that you sweep your noise cursor in the general direction of your enemy. That's like standard auto-aim weapons. Just because you click an additional button doesn't automatically disqualify it from this categorization.

Conclusion: Rocketeer provides auto-aim. Buy it immediately.

I did adres it, learn to read.
No recticle lock = no lock on for seeker.
And it doesn't lock on worth a damn after the nerf they did to it; you need a good 2 second visual lock, and even then it mostly goes in a straight line and doesn't even remotely seek out the target half the time.
But you'd have known that if you didn't make assumptions based on CBE3 behaviour versus current, or, i dunno, just played the actual mech...

Same with the hellfires; if you can't dodge a hellfire volley, you need to go back to bootcamp.

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, December 13 2012 - 11:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users