HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Auto-aim

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted December 13 2012 - 11:29 AM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on December 13 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

And it doesn't lock on worth a damn after the nerf they did to it; you need a good 2 second visual lock, and even then it mostly goes in a straight line and doesn't even remotely seek out the target half the time.
But you'd have known that if you didn't make assumptions based on CBE3 behaviour versus current, or, i dunno, just played the actual mech...

You're correct. They were nerfed into oblivion. Which is a good thing, considering Rocketeer was beyond easymode. Point is, even if it's not reliable, Rocketeer is by definition still an aimbot you can move around on a trigger.

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on December 13 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

Same with the hellfires; if you can't dodge a hellfire volley, you need to go back to bootcamp.

This is situational. Good point, but not entirely true.

Edited by marshalade, December 13 2012 - 11:32 AM.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#22 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted December 13 2012 - 11:31 AM

Dread_Lord_Pitr, I find it incredibly difficult to learn to read things you intend to post in the future.

You never mentioned seeker in your older posts, just Hellfires. So, unfortunately, while I would love to be incredibly fluent with the English language to the point at which I can predict exactly what you're going to say, I'm afraid that's not humanly possible. Except perhaps through quantum physics, which involves technology well ahead of our time.

In short, I apologise profusely for not being capable of predicting what you were going to say about a topic you were going to address in the future.

Also, perhaps a small point that requires clarification is the fact I see all weapons that "assist the player" in ways that offset a need to aim as "auto-aim" or "aim assist". All homing weapons naturally fall under this definition. It seems to be a different paradigm from what you're commonly used to.

Edited by Conquistador, December 13 2012 - 11:32 AM.

Posted Image

#23 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted December 13 2012 - 11:41 AM

So you have a definition of Aim Assist that isn't consistent with what seen in (console) games, and doesn't seem consistent with what (seemingly, to me at least) was suggested in the opening post.

And you are correct, it isn't clear from my first post that when i mentioned reticle lock-on i was talking about the seeker,  my bad.
(could have sworn i mentioned the seeker when i typed that... must have backspaced that shizzle. SOMEONE, FOR THE LOVE OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER, GET ME COFFEE !)

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, December 13 2012 - 11:42 AM.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#24 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted December 13 2012 - 11:50 AM

View Postmarshalade, on December 13 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

You're correct. They were nerfed into oblivion. Which is a good thing, considering Rocketeer was beyond easymode. Point is, even if it's not reliable, Rocketeer is by definition still an aimbot you can move around on a trigger.

I agree the seeker was overpowered...
But at this point the EOC Repeater would be of more use than the seekers, which seems rather counter-intuitive to what the Rocketeer is.
Trying to lock on is pointless; it's easier to it and land a whole barrage of the damned things in the hopes of hitting something.
Not to mention the Hellfires now do less damage than a single TOW, even if every missile hits...
And without any internals the Rocketeer is basically just a big, fat sitting duck, made useless.

I understand the hate for it, but the way it is, they may as well remove it alltogether.
But, at least they fixed the Sharpie :ph34r:

View Postmarshalade, on December 13 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

This is situational. Good point, but not entirely true.

There are so many obstacles/buildings on every map that you can dodge behind, even as a lumpy C-class,that dodging Hellfires (to me, at least) seems fairly easy.
Even if you're on Uptown or Origin escaping them is easy;

1) jump off nearest ledge
2) watch hellfires fail and miss
3) _____
4) PROFIT !

Bad jokes aside, yes, the Rocketeer WAS easy mode in CBE3...
Right now, it's on par with the Bruiser, except at least the Bruiser has the Vulcan to make it somewhat useful.

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, December 13 2012 - 11:51 AM.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#25 kimon

kimon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Locationpoland

Posted December 13 2012 - 12:05 PM

<Cibo doesnt approve it... > so no.. learn to aim...  i am actually pretty bad myself

Edited by kimon, December 13 2012 - 12:06 PM.

Posted Image

#26 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted December 15 2012 - 03:28 PM

I'm just going to say  :angry:
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#27 Tyki

Tyki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 05:33 PM

View PostConquistador, on December 13 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

Dread_Lord_Pitr, I find it incredibly difficult to learn to read things you intend to post in the future.

You never mentioned seeker in your older posts, just Hellfires. So, unfortunately, while I would love to be incredibly fluent with the English language to the point at which I can predict exactly what you're going to say, I'm afraid that's not humanly possible. Except perhaps through quantum physics, which involves technology well ahead of our time.

In short, I apologise profusely for not being capable of predicting what you were going to say about a topic you were going to address in the future.

Also, perhaps a small point that requires clarification is the fact I see all weapons that "assist the player" in ways that offset a need to aim as "auto-aim" or "aim assist". All homing weapons naturally fall under this definition. It seems to be a different paradigm from what you're commonly used to.
The recruit mech is 'almost' better at doing rocketeers job than the rocketeer. While we might have lock-on on our ammo, it doesn't help us aim better, we still have to hold the reticle over the boosting enemy and fire when he's not too close, or too near a cover, so it requires way more effort than the easy mode TOW where you pop out, shoot, pop back, vs pop out, lock-on, fire, pop back.

I bet the reason that the seeker, well, seeks is because it has slower bullet flight, unlike AR and such which shoot almost instantly. I'd gladly have seeker damage and speed upped to AR levels with the "homing" removed.

#28 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 15 2012 - 05:47 PM

Auto-aim_  ... Yikes

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#29 Darkbolt

Darkbolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostConquistador, on December 13 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

View PostJemebot, on December 12 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

I think it would be nice to to have a small auto-aim that can be toggled on and off if wanted, simply to help the brand new players to be able to do better.

All the previous posters above me have forgotten a critical point: They already have this in the game.

It's called the "Rocketeer". For a few in-game credits, you too can buy your very own auto-aim feature for your mech garage! The rocketeer's standard loadout equips two auto-tracking weapons with aim assist: the hellfire missile pod and the seeker round!

Tired of having to aim_ No problem, the Rocketeer aims for you! Simply point and click to win.

It even comes with a convenient toggle if you're fed up of not having to aim because things are simply too easy! Simply select another (non-Rocketeer) mech from your garage to switch off auto-aim. It's that simple.

And all this for an incomparably low price! Order your auto-aim today, and we'll throw in the frustrated whining of your vanquished foes absolutely free!

missiles lock on in most every game "LOCK ON IS NOT AUTO AIM"  try to keep up sparky and learn the difference and dont run at a rocketeer like a fool and you should have no issue. LEARN to take them on when there distracted or else just STAY AWAY FROM THEM. I swear consols breed terrible pc gamers.

#30 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 06:00 PM

With how much guns that require leading in this game, would it really be that beneficial_ It may actually hinder new players from learning how to use non-hitscan weapons.
Desert Fox

#31 Solidair

Solidair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 06:19 PM

Hackers could  use this to create aimbots and no i dont like the idea , its your problem if you cant aim correctly.

Practice , practice and practice.

Edited by Solidair, December 15 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#32 AdamantK9

AdamantK9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 06:48 PM

FUZZY BUNNY! There will be NO auto aiming in Hawken!

I can just see a world with it now.. assault rifles and subcannons will become way more deadlier and my grenadier will be stuck unable to hit targets because I have to always lead slightly ahead to the enemy- and if there is a soft aim helping me keep dead on with the target I'd be hosed.

Besides you have an incredibly precise and accurate mouse that you can change the sensitivity on to fit your playstyle- fiddle with the darn options and lead your shots like everyone else.

#33 sen

sen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted December 15 2012 - 06:54 PM

learn to play
Posted Image

#34 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 15 2012 - 07:33 PM

Or auto-play..

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users