HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken Story Trailer Discussion

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted August 26 2011 - 04:28 PM

Fresh out of PAX is the new Hawken Story Trailer! Be sure to check it out and share your thoughts!

#2 LordPorkSword

LordPorkSword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Auzzie

Posted August 26 2011 - 06:08 PM

Very very nice Adhesive!

Great to see some higher rez cockpit action of Hawken!  Once again that cockpit looks superb and just makes me wanna jump into a mech right now!   :mrgreen:

The industrial theme is flowing superbly across the 2 different landscapes and I really like all the varied advertisement signage around the place in the city scape.
That variance in textures and sinage size is a very nice touch not making it feel repeditive while making it feel believable! All the power cables etc.. add these little touches make it feel like a believable world!  Ya textures in general are looking very very good!

Love the sight of the buildings towering into the clouds above the camera viewpoint and also off into the distance!(especially the ones with the red lights/windows around the place)  It's things like that which really set the scene immersing a player into a world where even his Mech feels puny compared to it surroundings.
The 'regional area' look great with the 'brown fog' and the tan tainted horizon and the machinery sitting scattered all over the place!

Love ya battleship design!  What a ominous sight it shall be in game when you're finally launching your battleship into the air above the shorter buildings.

Good job on the battle edits!  Great way to kickoff the action with the battleship flying overhead!  Really liking the footage of the Mech as it flies backwards firing off two volleys of missles!  
Mech animations look top notch!!

Good stuff!! Good stuff!!  :mrgreen:

I look forward to seeing more footage!  :D
"The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
Unreal Old Friends

#3 OdysseusVA

OdysseusVA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted August 26 2011 - 07:50 PM

Could we get a download link of this_ So much compression through IGN :/

#4 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted August 27 2011 - 07:27 AM

Pretty damn cool!

So basically, the story is "Armored Core.. but on another planet". Nothing's wrong with that! The action's still looking slick as hell :D
Do we have anything else to be looking forward to soon_

#5 [HWK]BobEntropy

[HWK]BobEntropy

Technical Director

• Adhesive Games
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted August 27 2011 - 03:38 PM

The Story Teaser Trailer is now up on our YouTube channel in HD. YouTube is very compressed too though, so I can't say for sure if it's better.

The trailer shown at PAX was actually a different trailer (it was mainly gameplay oriented, but shares a very small amount of footage.) That one will be on our YouTube channel next week.

#6 OdysseusVA

OdysseusVA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted August 27 2011 - 03:51 PM

JonKreuzer said:

The Story Teaser Trailer is now up on our YouTube channel in HD. YouTube is very compressed too though, so I can't say for sure if it's better.

The trailer shown at PAX was actually a different trailer (it was mainly gameplay oriented, but shares a very small amount of footage.) That one will be on our YouTube channel next week.

Would it be possible to get a download link of the original file_

Game is looking great! Can't wait for next week!

#7 torc

torc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted August 28 2011 - 02:04 AM

Hi people,it's torc from Italy,nice to meet you :)
i have a little question regarding cockpit: do you think each mecha have is own or will be a generic one_ Plus if you want i have 3 cockpit mech artwork to show you if you need them.
Bye  :)

Posted Image

#8 Provi

Provi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted August 28 2011 - 09:48 AM

torc said:

Hi people,it's torc from Italy,nice to meet you :)
i have a little question regarding cockpit: do you think each mecha have is own or will be a generic one_ Plus if you want i have 3 cockpit mech artwork to show you if you need them.
Bye  :)
Either there's one universal cockpit or there is one for each class (3).

#9 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted August 28 2011 - 12:15 PM

I honestly do not care much on whether there're 3 or just 1 cockpit; although the more we got then the better, of course. :)

On the Story Trailer footage: Very good music, awesome ambience and extremely cool maps. I loved the SFX for the battleship as well. Well.. mostly what Lord_Porksword has posted above. :D

P.S. On map mechanics: I'd love to be able to climb to the higher places in all those maps. Just to increase a bit more the coolness factor... you know ;)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#10 [HWK]BobEntropy

[HWK]BobEntropy

Technical Director

• Adhesive Games
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted August 30 2011 - 03:50 PM

We're not planning on any direct download links. We aren't against the idea, but we have a budget web hosting plan so lots of people downloading a large video would probably bring down our web site.

#11 tRens

tRens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted August 31 2011 - 06:32 AM

Where do the mechs come from_

#12 SixEcho

SixEcho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted August 31 2011 - 10:26 AM

Don't worry sir, I will have it in 1080p in no time.

#13 Guru_Zeb

Guru_Zeb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted September 01 2011 - 04:12 AM

TheDubstepDisciple said:

Don't worry sir, I will have it in 1080p in no time.
How you gonna manage that when all the available sources are at only 720p ___
Upscaling does not equal whatever you upscale too.
It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the juice of the Brew,
that thoughts acquire speed,
the teeth acquire stains,
the stains become a warning.
It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.

#14 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted September 01 2011 - 05:32 AM

Where the fuck is CupCakes....._

#15 AverageJoe1

AverageJoe1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 11 2011 - 10:36 AM

JonKreuzer said:

We're not planning on any direct download links. We aren't against the idea, but we have a budget web hosting plan so lots of people downloading a large video would probably bring down our web site.

Or you could just upload it to mediafire/megaupload/rapidshare for free.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users