HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Stuck Spinning Left

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 MerryAgony

MerryAgony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationAt my desk... duh!

Posted January 31 2013 - 09:32 AM

Its due to input and bug reports from the player community that we've updated the issue to say "third-party controllers". One more reason you all are so important!

#22 eddd

eddd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 12 2013 - 09:48 PM

Hi. I had the same problem and I dont have any joystick or game controller.
I have a SteelSeries mouse and it seems their drivers install a HID-compliant game controller device even if you dont have plugged in a physical joystick or game controller. This makes the Unreal engine defaulting to the game controller control scheme. The same problem is present in evry other unreal engine game I played recently(Aliens Colonial Marines, Tera Online).
Just make sure the device is disabled in the device manager and the game works just fine.

#23 ToS

ToS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted February 13 2013 - 05:02 PM

After being unable to play for about two weeks I just solved this issue by removing virtual joystick named "Unified virtual HID", installed by Android's Unified remote. What was really puzzling is that all of the devices axes were at middle/50%. I'd say devs should really give us an option to handle joystick configuration properly or at least to be able to disable it alltogether. :angry:

#24 XuBaka

XuBaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPortugal, Aveiro

Posted February 14 2013 - 11:12 AM

View PostToS, on February 13 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

After being unable to play for about two weeks I just solved this issue by removing virtual joystick named "Unified virtual HID", installed by Android's Unified remote. What was really puzzling is that all of the devices axes were at middle/50%. I'd say devs should really give us an option to handle joystick configuration properly or at least to be able to disable it alltogether. :angry:

Thx a LOT ToS :D i actually unpluged both keyboard, mouse and every USB device i have but still kept spinnig left. I also searched the Device Manager but didnt see any controller until you refered "Unified Remote". Unnistalled it and i can play againa :D thx

#25 ToS

ToS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted February 16 2013 - 06:41 AM

For anyone else who's been searching in device manager and failed, in this instance the driver was in HID devices group and, being virtual driver, it was not possible to remove it from there (haven't really tried for real but "remove driver" button was disabled) but it could probably be removed by stopping a related service.
This is a bit of assumtion because I too uninstalled the software as fast as you could say "F**k me!" as the software without driver is not of much use.
Any chance we get a quote from hawken team on some fix releted to this weird issue_

#26 Kensei_Vash

Kensei_Vash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 05:46 PM

Hi, It is bug of Unreal Engine 3. To stop you need to edit cofing file located in:
DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig

You need to look in HawkenEngine.ini for AllowJoystickInput=1 and change it to AllowJoystickInput=0
Save and play ^^

#27 PoisonRain

PoisonRain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 26 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostKensei_Vash, on March 27 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

Hi, It is bug of Unreal Engine 3. To stop you need to edit cofing file located in:
DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig

You need to look in HawkenEngine.ini for AllowJoystickInput=1 and change it to AllowJoystickInput=0
Save and play ^^
Dude, seriously_ Turning off joystick support (which is exactly what that does) does not help me or anyone else use joysticks with the game.

Anyway, other than that:
Same problem, Logitech Extreme3Dpro. Please fix this! Piloting a mech with a joystick would be awesome!

#28 P00K

P00K

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 30 2013 - 10:18 PM

Issue still persists. Logitech Extreme 3D on my end.

#29 neoplasm

neoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted June 05 2013 - 08:07 PM

Same issue here. No joystick used. Had an xbox360 wireless PC gamepad connected but not turned on, disconnected issue persist. Editing config file fixed issue. Would really suck if i were using a joystick but for now I guess this'll do.

#30 East

East

Self-Motivator

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 135 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted June 06 2013 - 09:11 AM

We do have a known issue with joysticks running into some problems, but do not have an ETA on a fix.  For those players using a mouse and keyboard or a controller, we would recommend that you file a ticket with the Support team using the SUPPORT button in the tope left hand corner.

Please include the following information when creating your ticket.
1. A copy of your DxDiag.
2. A list of peripherals connected, including the make and model.

It's also helpful if you can provide any additional information about the issue and the hardware you use.  For example, if you have a joystick or gamepade and have installed drivers or control mapping software, that would be helpful to know.  

Thanks.

#31 N8thanExpl0sion

N8thanExpl0sion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 07 2013 - 05:53 AM

Just FYI  I also have the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and is also an issue for me.  My hands can't take these long keyboard reaches much longer....    Ya Ya I know I am old...

#32 deretch

deretch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 28 2013 - 05:08 AM

I have the same problem and I am a little bit upset that I'v just bought a joystick so I could use it when I am playing Hawken and then after just a few minutes of looking for what the caus of the problem is, I found that it is not going to work with hawken....

Hope someone will finde a solution!

#33 Flash93933

Flash93933

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 05:33 PM

Do you have undefined remote_ if so uninstall it.

#34 Snake0112

Snake0112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 15 2014 - 08:06 PM

Well I have no joystick plugged in and no external controllers other than a keyboard and mouse, the game still spins have noticed on other games also. Using a Microsoft sidewinder keyboard and a cyborg R.A.T. 7 mouse.

#35 Snake0112

Snake0112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 15 2014 - 08:12 PM

@Flash93933
Do you mean Unified Remote_

Edit: Disabling Unified Remote did nothing to help.

Edit 2: While watching the game (as it spun) I unplugged every usb and cable, minus power and video, from the back of the computer.
Edit 3: I followed what  Kensei_Vash mentioned with the editing the .ini file, it worked. You have to restart the game before it takes effect though. Thanks Man for the tip

Edited by Snake0112, March 15 2014 - 08:37 PM.

#36 conorthornton

conorthornton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 23 2014 - 11:08 AM

go to C:UsersDocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig open hawkenengine in notepad press ctrl+f type in allowjoystickinput, replace the 1 with a zero. Save. Obviously you have to play with a mouse now. Have fun! haha!

#37 THX1141

THX1141

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted May 28 2014 - 02:54 PM

To fix this open Device Manager and from Human Interface Devices right click on HID-compliant game controller and select disable.

#38 ataranlen

ataranlen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted May 28 2014 - 03:06 PM

View PostTHX1141, on May 28 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

To fix this open Device Manager and from Human Interface Devices right click on HID-compliant game controller and select disable.

And what if we WANT to play with a joystick. In my opinion, this makes it unplayable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users