HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Tips, and Tactics for begginers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zero95

Zero95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:47 PM

HEY! and i hope u are all as excited about this game as i am! im really new, in fact just read PCPP august edition today and decided to download this game ASAP, so im wondering if anyone who has already played the game a bit would be willing to post just a few hints or pointers for the first few things like "watch ur fuel guage, it runs out real quick" or anything like that, that us noobs should look out for. im watching and reading lots of tutorials, but theres nothing like straight player experience to iron out the details and finer points.

thanks in advance, good hunting - zero

#2 Stevoo4552

Stevoo4552

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Locationgermany

Posted December 13 2012 - 11:22 PM

Well first the point with the fuel isnt a bad idea ;)

2. SHIFT IS YOUR FRIEND here in Hawken, try to dodge in the heat of a battle as often as you can and always keep an eye  on your fuel while your doing this;)

3. DONT FLY AROUND LIKE A BIG FAT EAGLE !!!!! Its not useful in most time you do that for you, it only makes it easy to point at you because your Mech is slow and you highlight your self from the envoirment. And another big reason why not to is that there is no fuel left to flee or dodge behind some cover.

4.WATCH THE HEAT LIMIT !!!Every Mech has a diffrent Heat limit so DON'T spray and prey here or do any other Rambo stuff, fire in salves

and 5. STAY BY YOUR TEAMMATES they often knew what to do and you can even get some nice assist or Kills with any death after that ;)

so that is all what you have to do in Hawken :)

I hope my english isn't to bad to understand ^^

good luck recruites and have a nice day

-BV- Stevoo4552

Edited by Stevoo4552, December 13 2012 - 11:23 PM.

#3 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted December 13 2012 - 11:47 PM

Theres a fair few threads on this:
http://community.pla...me-how-to-play/
http://community.pla...ice-to-noobies/
http://community.pla...or-new-players/
thats just a few. Plus there's my thread (look in siggie, trying to get it re-stickied XD)
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#4 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted December 14 2012 - 11:48 AM

View PostZero95, on December 13 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

HEY! and i hope u are all as excited about this game as i am! im really new, in fact just read PCPP august edition today and decided to download this game ASAP, so im wondering if anyone who has already played the game a bit would be willing to post just a few hints or pointers for the first few things like "watch ur fuel guage, it runs out real quick" or anything like that, that us noobs should look out for. im watching and reading lots of tutorials, but theres nothing like straight player experience to iron out the details and finer points.

thanks in advance, good hunting - zero

BuDeKai and I are doing an AMA on reddit.com/r/hawken to help new players. Feel free to look around and ask questions.

#5 Zero95

Zero95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 04:51 AM

thank you, game is awesome, basicaly im just playing it like an FPS atm but im sure ill advance and change as i get better

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users