HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken Beta Registration Thread

• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

#1 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted February 07 2012 - 03:56 PM

Posted Image

Hawken Beta Registration Thread

With the exciting announcement of the beta, there will certainly be users who have questions. Not only that, it is inevitable that users will be seeking others to sign up through their reference links so that they may secure a callsign, and that could get messy. This thread has been created in the hopes of containing those posts, as well as providing a place for the community to effectively communicate about their registration process.

Guidelines

-Please keep the discussion civil and about the beta.

-If you have a reference link and you would like to post it somewhere, this would be the best place for it.

-Please do not continually repost your reference link. If it becomes excessive, the extra posts will be deleted.

-If you use someone's reference link, or if you manage to accumulate the necessary number of references through your own, please be courteous and acknowledge it, stating who's link you used.

-If you are experiencing issues with the beta registration process, you are free to post about it here and we will try our best to resolve it.

-If you have a general question about the beta, please read the FAQ below before posting.

-Remember: Not all of the information about the beta has been released, meaning there will be questions that cannot be answered immediately. As more details are released, this FAQ will continue to be updated in the hopes of informing the community as much as possible.

Beta FAQ

Q: Where can I register for the Hawken closed beta test_
A: Follow the hyperlink to PLAYHAWKEN.COM or click on the "ENLIST BETA" icon at the top right-hand corner of the forum.

Q: The webpage for the beta reads, "You are free to fight 12.12.12." Will the closed beta become available on this date_
A: No. 12.12.12 marks the date for Hawken's open beta, which will be available to the general public. The closed beta will become available sometime before that, but the actual date has not been announced at this time.

Q: How does the beta registration process work_
A: To enlist in the closed beta testing, you must provide your first name, last name, and email address. If you would like to reserve your very own callsign, you must first enlist three other people through the reference link given to you in the confirmation email.

Q: Is my account for the Hawken forums tied to the beta registration_
A: No, they are separate. Creating a forum account does not affect your beta registration process, nor is it a prerequisite.

Q: For Hotmail users: I've gone through the beta registration process, but the confirmation and/or callsign email did not appear.
A: Possible fix provided by user Nedarrb:

Nedarrb said:

For anyone who is still having trouble with the confirmation email, the following worked for me:

Sign into your hotmail account. Then, click on your Name and select Account > Windows Live Options > Mail > "Safe and blocked senders" > Safe Senders

Add enlisted@playhawken.com to your safe senders list.

Return to the Hawken website and sign-up for the beta again. You should immediately receive your email.
Q: Is beta testing space unlimited_
A: No.

Q: How can I keep up with the news about the beta_
A: The email you registered with will be used to send the necessary details your way as they become available.

Q: What is a "callsign_"
A: A callsign refers to the online handle that is exclusive to you.

Q: What is the incentive to reserving a "callsign_"
A: If you would prefer to use a specific handle, like "Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen," this guarantees that no one else will be be able to register under it.

Q: What are the system requirements for the beta_
A: TBA

Q: When the beta becomes available, how will I access it_

Q: What content will be available in the beta_

#2 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted February 07 2012 - 03:59 PM

Good information. Thanks lamp.

If anyone would like to use my reference link, here it is:

http://playhawken.com/_ref=mlhy10n5
Naraklok

#3 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted February 07 2012 - 04:25 PM

Thanks for the thread!

http://playhawken.com/_ref=uvu7z946

My link if anybody wants to use it.
(/^▽^)/

#4 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted February 07 2012 - 04:26 PM

I guess I'll ask the first question in this thread.

How many pilots will be inducted into the closed beta; approx_
Naraklok

#5 vesper1

vesper1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted February 07 2012 - 04:29 PM

Thanks for this thread, lamp.

My reflink is: http://playhawken.com/_ref=kcbf3fmb

As soon as I'm in game, I'll start recruiting for our clan - Bad Luck XIII.

Another question about the beta:

Will there be European servers available in the beta or will it be US-only_
Recruiting to the Bad Luck XIII Hawken Clan - interested_ Send me a PM.
[almost there...] http://hawkenwiki.net/ (all hail Ashfire908)

#6 LordPorkSword

LordPorkSword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Auzzie

Posted February 07 2012 - 06:01 PM

Got my registration in.  1 friend will try and hopefully the 2 others I sent it to will.  :_
"The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
Unreal Old Friends

#7 Cupcake

Cupcake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted February 07 2012 - 07:05 PM

Cupcake CONFIR M ED.
Death never tasted so sweet.

#8 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted February 07 2012 - 07:12 PM

Cupcake said:

Cupcake CONFIR M ED.
THERE HE IS! GET HIM!!!!!!

While I'm here... My referral link. http://playhawken.com/_ref=kp1737x6

EDIT: I got the third vote I was waiting for, so I don't need anyone else to use my link. If you are feeling generous though, go ahead and give me referrals!
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#9 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted February 07 2012 - 07:16 PM

Cupcake huh_ I'll eat you.
Naraklok

#10 wyver1

wyver1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted February 07 2012 - 08:21 PM

I've logged my user name in, and I'm ready to go!

Looking forward to the beta!

:D

#11 wyver1

wyver1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted February 07 2012 - 08:22 PM

Cupcake said:

Cupcake CONFIR M ED.
Target Locked

#12 RAYU

RAYU

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted February 07 2012 - 08:31 PM

Too many time wating and it is almost here.

Let's make a Clan.
https://playhawken.com/_ref=halct2tx

Mecha pilot.

#13 NiHiLisT

NiHiLisT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 07 2012 - 11:47 PM

Great! I'm waiting since more then a decade for such a game!

Here is my ref link, thanks guys.

https://playhawken.com/_ref=dshjukit

#14 H3llHound

H3llHound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 08 2012 - 07:59 AM

Hi Guys,
I have registered and I didn't recieve a confirmation.

#15 wetfloor50

wetfloor50

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 08 2012 - 08:03 AM

heres hoping to play some beta :)

https://playhawken.com/_ref=207h0skd

#16 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted February 08 2012 - 09:15 AM

We all are still waiting for the confirmation e-mail yet. Although I'm more tan excited on the beta I'd suggest some more of patience, guys. We'll be able to reserve our gamer tag or nickname once the awaited e-mail reaches our in-boxes. :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#17 RackiDumatre

RackiDumatre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted February 08 2012 - 09:27 AM

Signed up and waiting for confirmation.

https://playhawken.com/_ref=7t9ro20q
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM  DirectX 11  NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

#18 Shadowking1

Shadowking1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 08 2012 - 09:30 AM

okay, I have a question that's spawned from my own stupidity... I registered once, and then my computer crashed after I sent my link to a friend, but didn't save it, so I re registered for the beta using the exact same details as the first time and recieved a new code, however, upon getting three people to register with that I never got the email, I contacted the friend I had sent the code to before I crashed and managed to retrieve it from him, and got two other friends to register with it, and still no email... my question is, do I need to unregister myself from the database and the re register to get a new and working code, or is the confirmation message just taking a long time, because it's been about 8 hours now

#19 Grayark

Grayark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted February 08 2012 - 09:47 AM

Shadowking said:

okay, I have a question that's spawned from my own stupidity... I registered once, and then my computer crashed after I sent my link to a friend, but didn't save it, so I re registered for the beta using the exact same details as the first time and recieved a new code, however, upon getting three people to register with that I never got the email, I contacted the friend I had sent the code to before I crashed and managed to retrieve it from him, and got two other friends to register with it, and still no email... my question is, do I need to unregister myself from the database and the re register to get a new and working code, or is the confirmation message just taking a long time, because it's been about 8 hours now

when in doubt ... re-register_

#20 Saint_The_Judge

Saint_The_Judge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThird World

Posted February 08 2012 - 09:55 AM

Hi, everybody.

As you can see, I'm new to the forum, and have a question, if you don't mind.
I registered for CB, and haven't received any confirmation email so far, but all friends who have used my link (way more than 3) received a confirmation promptly, almost time-time. As I didn't receive an activation link to the forum as well, do you guys know if there is some sort of issue with hotmail, regarding to Hawken_
Thanks in advance.

PS: can't wait for 12/12/12, think I'll buy a new machine just for Hawken.
Once a girl asked me in a chat: "-ASL_" I answered: "- Very old, impotent, third world." And she got out the room. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users