HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Grenadier nerf

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#101 Karaipantsu

Karaipantsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted January 06 2013 - 12:30 AM

Wat_

I played an MA match last night against 3 grenadiers and with another one on our team.  It was pants.

#102 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted January 06 2013 - 01:38 AM

View PostThresher, on January 05 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

what i see in the video is you kill 1 guy, did damage to the second guy, and the turret took him down the rest and Finnish him off. also the turret was a major factor against both people. If you did not have that turret or that repair orb you would have lost that fight. I don't have a turret, and i have killed 2 people 2 v 1 before. I use the thrown grenade. also I play the grenadier in a similar fashion as in the video. you did not have to weight for the cool down to continue to do damage because of the turret. also the 2 you were fighting against were both heavys which are the easiest do deal with in the grenadier. also i don't die every time when i overheat.
Oops, I did it again... and this time against an A-Class too.
And before you start, Metal_Candy, the A-Class pilot, knows how to dodge. He's a Steel Killer, and we literally beat good habits into our members (we also beat the bad habits out of them too).

Also, note that I don't have a turret backing me this time. So all the damage output is on me, as I don't even have a HE Charge to rely on like you do.
Yet somehow I don't overheat trying to kill 1 A-Class pilot. In fact, I only overheat after 2 mechs are dead.
Imagine that!

I guess learning how to manage your heat is OP. Shocking.

http://youtu.be/IwL5lekuIWE

Technically I didn't do it "again". This is from the same match, but happened earlier.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#103 Thresher

Thresher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted January 06 2013 - 08:49 AM

Well your just a better, more experienced pilot. also are you able to come out on top 2v1 with other mechs or is it just the easiest with the grenadier. I killed 4v1 yesterday. it took the HE charge and I also uset my repair item, and played peek a boo. they were also bunched up interfering with each others movements. they kept dodging into each other. They all made an easy target. also most of my klls are from air bursting the grenade launcher. it is alot easier to manage heat when not spaming the REV-GL. also in the video you predicted their moves expertly. they were also moving in a very predictable pattern. I want to see a video where a light weight just comes up and wrecks you. Like a berzerker, and a good pilot.

What ever happens will happen. Every body is entitled to their opinion, and what ever changes are made I am shur that the Devs will do what they think is best. I will not post any more on this subject, because my thoughts on this are all out there and nobody will convince me that the REV-GL or the grenadier is OP, and I will not be convincing those who believe it is OP that it isn't.

Also what ever changes get made I will just have to adapt and continue on.

Edited by Thresher, January 06 2013 - 09:32 AM.

Posted Image

#104 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted January 06 2013 - 09:50 AM

It's definitely easiest to pull off on a RevGL Grenadier
And you wont see footage of Asian getting wrecked by a light because it doesn't happen. RevGren is the best mech in the game right now, partially due to how explosives work and partially due to how ridiculous the RevGL is on its own.
Even misses can be pretty easy hits with the Rev, and your ROF is fast enough that you shouldn't be missing all that much. At high end play the weapon is totally busted. There's a reason why it was banned for the tournament
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users