HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Rendering thread exception: Fatal error!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Lion_King

Lion_King

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted December 19 2012 - 10:43 PM

I'm receiving the error in the title very frequently. For the record, the automatic bug report url seems to be defunct (example: http://crashreport.m.../Crashes/196075 is inaccessible).

The full message includes a directory location for two or three files each time that aren't being found.
It happens mid-match with seemingly no correlation to what I'm doing or where I am. I simply crash right back to desktop.

To reproduce: As far as I know, simply join any game in any mode. The error spontaneously occurs within no more than ten minutes, sometimes in under one minute.

Frequency: Very high. I have completed only one deathmatch in three attempts, and no team deathmatches in eleven attempts.

I believe the bug's importance is at least a 4/5; it renders completing matches practically impossible.

#2 Lion_King

Lion_King

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted December 20 2012 - 08:37 AM

Attached File  DxDiag1.txt   28.2K   4 downloads

Here are my system specs. Sorry they weren't in the OP.

#3 Mr.E

Mr.E

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 21 2012 - 05:51 AM

I'm having this same problem. I clicked the cog on the launcher to verify my download is all there, and I've re installed the game twice. I patched this morning and went through that whole process of uninstalling and re installing just to make sure. Still getting the same problem.

#4 pablich

pablich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 21 2012 - 08:17 AM

I've got the same error. Before the update the game works fine, but after I got one crash while loading and the the rendering thread exception waiting for the matchmaking.

#5 IckRambler

IckRambler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 06:52 PM

Same issue...many threads no real help being offered.

#6 CnEY

CnEY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 06:59 PM

I just started getting crashes with this error every time I join a game, since a few hours ago.  I never had a crash before then, and I can't really fathom anything changed before and after the crashes started happening (I had already been playing with the frostburn update for a couple of hours earlier in the day).

I'm tempted to try reinstalling- clicking the launcher's cog icon doesn't help in my case either.

FWIW, I can load the training mission fine; just any time I go into a real match, it crashes (and then I can't go into real matches for a while because it thinks I'm already in one, which seems silly; why not kill the ghost connection instead of locking out my real client_)

#7 CnEY

CnEY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 07:08 PM

Update: rebooting my machine seems to have resolved it. If anyone else here hasn't tried that, worth a shot.

#8 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted December 27 2012 - 09:22 AM

I'd like to report another instance of this happening. For me it happens the moment I try to join a match. The matchmaker begins trying to connect me to a game, the map loading screen appears, and then after that I crash to the desktop. The first time I got no error message at all, but then the second time I got the "Rendering Thread Exception: Fatal Error!" message. However, there was no additional information other than that, so I have no further information to go on for what could have caused it.

I was playing the game fine last night, and nothing on my system has changed since then. It has me very confused. I'll try rebooting, and we'll see if that helps.

#9 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted December 27 2012 - 07:09 PM

Guys, pay attention to the map you are on.  I seem to have noticed that when it crashes during the loading of the map, its always on bazaar.

Does anyone else notice its always on that map_ or do you have problems elsewhere_

Most of the time when mine crashes, I'd say 95% of the time, its always loading the bazaar map.  I have every once in a while gotten the random drop to desktop with a fatal rendering error.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#10 Grafix

Grafix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationBehind Evolwar and SS396 stealing thier Kills

Posted December 27 2012 - 07:30 PM

Come to think of it SS, I believe Bazaar is the same map I am getting those errors from also.  Will have to keep an eye on when I get those errors.  It does not happen as much as before for me now but I still get it once in a while when I am in an intense (heated battle with lots of mechs iring, flying, and dashing around) graphical situation in the game.
Grafix™  
Inner Sphere Wars Developer and BattleMech Hanger Developer - Hawken Beta Tester: C-BETA 1, C-BETA 2, C-BETA 3, Open BETA    
System Specs: Win7 64 Bit, AMD 6 Core 3.3ghz, 16Gig DDR3 RAM, Liquid Cooled, 2x Dual DVI Nividia GTX 560 2gig video cards for Quad Monitor usage during 3D Graphical projects.  Currently only use 1 monitor for Hawken.

#11 Bgsghost

Bgsghost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 01 2013 - 12:24 AM

hey grafix long time no see . but yeh agreed i see it most when im in middle of heavy battle lots of shifting and fireing its like move to much crash. i dont get it alot on loading the levels but heavy motion.

#12 MakubeX09

MakubeX09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted January 06 2013 - 04:59 PM

Bazaar loading screen really have that bug dont know why because of that i need to restart hawken like 10-20 times always going to the bazaar map i thought the game maps cycle when in matchmaking but always directiung me to that cursed map..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users