HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Launcher Crashes, Retrieving Manifest

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Aedensin

Aedensin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 01:39 AM

I patched my closed beta client to current yesterday and was able to play.

Today I try to launch the game and the launcher says it has encountered an error and needs to close while retrieving manifest.

I'll restart my PC to see if that fixes anything and report back.

#2 Szadek

Szadek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 02:31 AM

Exact the same problem here. Maybe it has something to do with the weekend event, since I was able to start the game yesterday.

Update: Did a small search. Servers are up, so that's probably not the reason it doesn't work. Also running it as Admin didn't cut it. Trying a good old reinstall now.

Edited by Szadek, December 22 2012 - 02:46 AM.

#3 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 02:59 AM

In the top right corner of the launcher there's a gear shaped icon that will verify and repair your files.  If that doesn't work I would try a full un-install and then re-install.  Also remember that editing and tweaking ini files can cause conflicts when patching.  Let us know how it goes.

#4 Goblin_Wizard

Goblin_Wizard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 03:21 AM

This happens to me sometimes too. Just forget the luncher and run the main exe. For example the path for me is D:Program FilesMeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesBinariesWin32HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe

#5 Aedensin

Aedensin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 03:24 AM

View Post[ADH]Deuy, on December 22 2012 - 02:59 AM, said:

In the top right corner of the launcher there's a gear shaped icon that will verify and repair your files.  If that doesn't work I would try a full un-install and then re-install.  Also remember that editing and tweaking ini files can cause conflicts when patching.  Let us know how it goes.

When I click on the gear it says "Cannot verify when patcher is busy." Looks like I'm in for a reinstall.

#6 Aedensin

Aedensin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 03:27 AM

View PostGoblin_Wizard, on December 22 2012 - 03:21 AM, said:

This happens to me sometimes too. Just forget the luncher and run the main exe. For example the path for me is D:Program FilesMeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesBinariesWin32HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe

That did the trick, thanks! Saved me some time and data usage.

Edit: I'm in game but can't seem to find a match on any mode.

Edited by Aedensin, December 22 2012 - 03:47 AM.

#7 Goblin_Wizard

Goblin_Wizard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 03:56 AM

First, you have to be sure that launcher downloaded all the patches and your version is up to date. Retrieving manifest is last thing the launcher does so if you stuck at this moment you're probably up to date and ready to play. Problems finding a match is different matter. Try "All regions". Sometimes it helps.

Edited by Goblin_Wizard, December 22 2012 - 03:57 AM.

#8 Szadek

Szadek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 04:12 AM

Now the launcher seems to work for me again. Let me write down in detail what I did. Maybe it helps to narrow down the problem, or help others in the future.

Original Problem: Launcher closed itself after "retrieving Manifest".

After a short search my first attempt to solve it: Deleted Hawken.Version from gamedir to force a redownload of the patches.

Result: The "play" button showed up once, after I redownloaded all the patches. I restartet the launcher directly to check if the problem was solved. It wasn't, the launcher was still closing itself after recieving the manifest.

Second attempt to solve it: I started the game directly from the installdir. "HawkenInstalledHawkenFilesBinariesWin32HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe".

Result: The game started directly and without further problems. After closing the game and trying the regular launcher again, it was able to retrieve the manifest normally.

Amateur's conclusion: Possibly something went wrong while synchronising the account the last time.

Edited by Szadek, December 22 2012 - 04:13 AM.

#9 Szadek

Szadek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 11:29 AM

Update and bump: The problem is reoccuring, but now running the exe directly out of the launcher doesn't help.

Current problem status: Launcher broken. Will have to try a complete reinstall.

Any other helpful advices to solve this without a fresh install_

#10 Szadek

Szadek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 02:55 PM

Did a complete reinstall of the game. Problem seems to be solved for now. Still it is very strange, that the start of the weekend event seemed to cause that problem.

#11 Schizo_Schaf

Schizo_Schaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 03:28 PM

today i installed the game with the launcher version of the 12th december. after the download the launcher crashed on manifest without error message.
deinstalled the game and reinstalled the launcher..
now i cant install the game... launcher crash on manifest again
i now try to download the launcher again and try another time
will report then
why there is no download of a actual client_ or any torrent version of that_

Edited by Schizo_Schaf, December 22 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#12 Schizo_Schaf

Schizo_Schaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 04:10 PM

completed..
does not work crash on manifest again without any error message

#13 Szadek

Szadek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 04:39 PM

Have you tried to run the game directly_ As mentioned before look for this exe and run it: HawkenInstalledHawkenFilesBinariesWin32HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe

#14 Schizo_Schaf

Schizo_Schaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 04:49 PM

with game exe now it works, launcher still crashes
but i cant find any games

edit: no patches loadet before crash

what is the actual game version that is shown in game_

Edited by Schizo_Schaf, December 22 2012 - 05:20 PM.

#15 Aedensin

Aedensin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 07:26 PM

I'm able to play for now using the .exe, set region to all and got a few matches in. Thanks for all advice and hopefully the patcher will be resolved soon.

#16 Erranty

Erranty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 07:57 PM

Same issue. Perhaps a new patcher is in order_

#17 Schizo_Schaf

Schizo_Schaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 23 2012 - 08:20 AM

SOLVED for me

deactivated UAC(User Account Control) of windows -> launcher crashed on reciving download after that....
start as administrator -> same problem
disconnected internet connection and reconnected...same
started as admin -> updated started

so try

1. deactivate UAC
2. delete all temporary files (c:UserusernameAppDataLocalTemp
3. disconnect from internet or reset Modem/router to get new ip
4. reconnect to the internet
5. start launcher as admin

without reconnecting and admin it dont work for me
not shure if you realy need to delete temp files(was the thing i tried first but alone it does nothing)

Edit: worked 3 hours on that searching system protocol, watch open files but could not find any error message and the log files the launcher creates i cant read (was my first bet, a corrupted log file)

but after that i thought UAC can cause the problem because of different rights on different files (sometimes my launcher restarted as admin after login, sometimes it does not with UAC active) so i tried this and it does the trick

if someone can translate this to a better english ...it is not my native language

Edited by Schizo_Schaf, December 23 2012 - 08:35 AM.

#18 Szadek

Szadek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 23 2012 - 10:51 AM

I am pretty sure your english is understanable. Next time, just put a little bit more effort into the grammar, else there wouldn't be much to correct if you ask me.

@topic: I really hope I don't have to do a fresh install next week.

#19 Aedensin

Aedensin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted December 23 2012 - 11:03 AM

A reinstall fixed it for me, now I just can't play on Bazaar due to a render error.. but that's another thread.

#20 Szadek

Szadek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 23 2012 - 11:22 AM

Seriously_ Never had any issues with bazar or rendering errors so far. But yes, that's a different topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users