HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How to change Resolution Out of Game

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 LycaonX

LycaonX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hey I just downloaded the game, and my screen doesnt support the default resolution how do I change this out of the game before I go into it_

#2 BiO

BiO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTgz, Chis.

Posted December 22 2012 - 06:42 PM

go to "DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig" and open HawkenSystemSettings.ini ... look for:

ResX=1920
ResY=1080

and change it to any value that your screen supports.

Edited by BiO, December 22 2012 - 06:43 PM.

Laptop - MSI GT780DX | i7-2630QM | NVIDIA GTX570M 1.5GB GDDR5 | 17.3" FHD 1920x1080 | 8GB DDR3 | 750GB 7200RPM | Windows 7 Home Premium

Posted Image

#3 DaftPunk1994

DaftPunk1994

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 04 2013 - 01:14 AM

Mine keeps saying 'access denied' when I try to save it :/

#4 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted March 04 2013 - 06:45 AM

If it says 'access denied' which it shouldn't, then you're UAC policy might be set too high, OR, the Hawken game is running in the background while you attempt to change it.  So try this:-

1) Restart your computer.  As soon as you see the desktop, go and edit and save the file.  If it fails, try 2:-

2) Copy that file, paste it in C:/ drive.  Edit the file there.  Save it.  Cut that file, paste it in original location, thereby overwriting the original.  If this is successful, then it is indeed UAC.

If this fails, then you got write issues/virus/something else preventing you from editing files.

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#5 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted March 05 2013 - 09:15 PM

Or the file (and the DocumentsMy GamesHawken folder structure) is set to read-only. Check that, it happens on rare occasions for some reason.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#6 DAVEOMG

DAVEOMG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 21 2013 - 03:13 AM

Thank god this forum was made because I had the same problem because I have a 1440-900 monitor and could not see the settings bar so i had to change it manually.

#7 IllicitWolf

IllicitWolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 22 2013 - 08:55 PM

Hey there, I just started playing and i had this same problem. When i went through these steps it still didn't work. I took a more indepth look at the security under the file.

C:Program Files (x86)MeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesHawkenGameConfig

Instead of going into the file named "DefaultSystemSettings" right click on it and go to properties.

Go under the Security tab and click Advanced. There it shows all the Administration available on the computer. I personally had 3 settings, 2 of which were set to full control which were SYSTEM and Aministartion, but the 3rd,USER, said it only had Read & Execute authority. So i clicked on the Change Permissions button below and then selected USER and hit edit. The first thing you can check says "full control" I clicked it, applied it to everything, then entered the "DefaultSystemSettings" file and set X=1920, Y=1080 and i didn't have a problem editing it then and it worked just fine.

Just thought I'd post this just incase someone runs into the same problem!

Edited by IllicitWolf, July 23 2013 - 08:33 AM.

#8 steVeRoll

steVeRoll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 12:37 AM

Please help!!!
First, i dont have a folder named "my games" in documents.
Second, when i opened  "steamapps\common\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config", there was no ini file with the name HawkenSystemSettings.
I'm still stuck with a split screen!

#9 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 01:30 AM

View PoststeVeRoll, on April 14 2014 - 12:37 AM, said:

Please help!!!
Second, when i opened  "steamappscommonHawkenHawkenGameConfig", there was no ini file with the name HawkenSystemSettings.

When you are using Win8 this would apply:

For Windows 8:
Rename "DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig" to "ConfigBackup". After that copy the "Config" folder from "C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonHawkenHawkenGame" to "DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGame".

If you don't have the folder "Hawken" in your "My Games" folder yet:
If you don't have the necessary folders yet you have to create them yourself. Please create the necessary folders to get a filepath looking like "DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig". After that copy the "Config" folder from "C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonHawkenHawkenGame" to "DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGame".

#10 steVeRoll

steVeRoll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 04:54 AM

View Posthendman, on April 14 2014 - 01:30 AM, said:

View PoststeVeRoll, on April 14 2014 - 12:37 AM, said:

Please help!!!
Second, when i opened  "steamappscommonHawkenHawkenGameConfig", there was no ini file with the name HawkenSystemSettings.

When you are using Win8 this would apply:

For Windows 8:
Rename "DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig" to "ConfigBackup". After that copy the "Config" folder from "C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonHawkenHawkenGame" to "DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGame".

If you don't have the folder "Hawken" in your "My Games" folder yet:
If you don't have the necessary folders yet you have to create them yourself. Please create the necessary folders to get a filepath looking like "DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig". After that copy the "Config" folder from "C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonHawkenHawkenGame" to "DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGame".

I'm using windows 7, but still i can try it out.

#11 Kianr2

Kianr2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 05:32 AM

For some reason when I change and save the settings they stay saved but only until I get past the starting cut-scene to which it then reverts. Any ideas why_ Or am I just failing to follow a step_

#12 steVeRoll

steVeRoll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 10:59 PM

WTF... i ACTUALLY found a "my games" folder... i was such an idiot all this time...

#13 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted April 16 2014 - 12:48 AM

View PostKianr2, on April 14 2014 - 05:32 AM, said:

For some reason when I change and save the settings they stay saved but only until I get past the starting cut-scene to which it then reverts. Any ideas why_ Or am I just failing to follow a step_

Make sure you run the game as administrator and make sure the you don't have the C:..........My documentsMy gamesHawken folder write protected.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users