HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

-=I'm sorry, but it's true=-

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted January 10 2013 - 06:40 AM

View PostLulluLea, on January 10 2013 - 04:43 AM, said:

View PostKai_Kitamura, on January 09 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

View PostSubdivision, on January 09 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Completely untrue. If you had two completely equally skilled opponents, one in a c-class, the other in an a-class, the c-class's health buffer is enough for it to win. I play brawler and berserker a fair bit, I'm pretty nibble with both. The berserker is easier by a long shot as people aren't as capable of reacting and keeping track of it. But my brawler still crushes and I'm completely comfortable taking anybody on in it. If they win, its because they are a better pilot or I messed up. It's not because the c-class is worse in any way.
This guy, I fought him yesterday. He was consistently top of the board in a brawler. He knows what he's talking about.

Indeed, I saw him play on one of my friend's stream yesterday. I believe my friend is the one of the better people at hawken, but he got destroyed.

Aw, you guys are making me blush! ^_^

I'm more than happy to add you all in game if you see me! Who's stream was it LulluLea_ I'm always looking to expand my friends list and get more people to play with. I'm also always looking for more people to join me and my clan at taw.net if anybody is at all interested. If anybody wants help or some tips or anything, just PM me and ask away :lol:

Edited by Subdivision, January 10 2013 - 06:40 AM.

Posted Image

#22 LulluLea

LulluLea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 10 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostSubdivision, on January 10 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

View PostLulluLea, on January 10 2013 - 04:43 AM, said:

View PostKai_Kitamura, on January 09 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

View PostSubdivision, on January 09 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Completely untrue. If you had two completely equally skilled opponents, one in a c-class, the other in an a-class, the c-class's health buffer is enough for it to win. I play brawler and berserker a fair bit, I'm pretty nibble with both. The berserker is easier by a long shot as people aren't as capable of reacting and keeping track of it. But my brawler still crushes and I'm completely comfortable taking anybody on in it. If they win, its because they are a better pilot or I messed up. It's not because the c-class is worse in any way.
This guy, I fought him yesterday. He was consistently top of the board in a brawler. He knows what he's talking about.

Indeed, I saw him play on one of my friend's stream yesterday. I believe my friend is the one of the better people at hawken, but he got destroyed.

Aw, you guys are making me blush! ^_^

I'm more than happy to add you all in game if you see me! Who's stream was it LulluLea_ I'm always looking to expand my friends list and get more people to play with. I'm also always looking for more people to join me and my clan at taw.net if anybody is at all interested. If anybody wants help or some tips or anything, just PM me and ask away :lol:

It was fpsbosstv.
SmaCkexe was streaming, trying to get more people to join our community.
Posted Image

www.dirtnapgaming.com

#23 c0mad0r

c0mad0r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA. USA

Posted January 10 2013 - 12:23 PM

This is like a timewarp thread back to the Alpha/CBT forums...

SKILL > MECH-CLASS > LEVEL

Fact of the matter is that too many people try to play C-Class mechs like an A-Class and that's NOT how they work best. Try playing one optimized for healing speed AND movement, then use it in a more conservative manner. You'll find 1v1, C-Classes will always win if there is no where for your opponent to run easily.

If you look at SteelKillers C-Class players or others of similar skill, you'll note that it is SKILL, not necessarily speed that wins.

Anyone with any level of skill can rule the top spots of a match while playing a Brawler w/ FLAK + HE or Grenadier w/ Rev-GL + EMP all optimized for movement and healing.

Edited by c0mad0r, January 10 2013 - 12:24 PM.

It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools. Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers. -Illiad

Check out my: HAWKEN MUMBLE SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN TEAMSPEAK SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN INI's EXPLAINED

#24 The_Eldritch_Abomination

The_Eldritch_Abomination

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDATA REDACTED

Posted January 30 2013 - 03:15 AM

My Cupcake eats A mechs for breakfast...

... unless I'm being overwhelmed or have ridiculous ping.
< TEXT-FIELD >

#25 Gree

Gree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted January 30 2013 - 04:27 AM

View PostJNastay, on January 09 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Faster mechs always win.  It's that simple.  Just dance around the big guy, let your TOW reset...repeat.
Try to run from a swarm of hellfires and seekers of my rocketeer and see what happens.

#26 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted January 30 2013 - 04:31 AM

View PostGree, on January 30 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

Faster mechs always win.  It's that simple.  Just dance around the big guy, let your TOW reset...repeat.
Try to run from a swarm of hellfires and seekers of my rocketeer and see what happens.
Is this a trick question_
Because at the moment, hellfires are the easiest to dodge of all secondaries. Even in a C-class.
Posted Image
*sigh*

#27 Gree

Gree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:45 AM

View PostJuodvarnis, on January 30 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

Because at the moment, hellfires are the easiest to dodge of all secondaries. Even in a C-class.
Well... They don't dodge my hellfires. It depends on how you use it.

#28 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 06:03 AM

View PostGree, on January 30 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

If they don't dodge that means you're only playing against new players.
Posted Image
*sigh*

#29 RisorialScion

RisorialScion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 06:42 AM

Actually, I can say that I don't suck that hard at this game but still eat hellfires from time to time. If you don't have a cover RIGHT NEXT TO YOU in the direction of where the missiles come from, they will hit you. This is the situation where this weapon is truly fire and forget, it will hit no matter what. If you happen to be anywhere where you can jump into cover though, you are perfectly save if the rockets are fired from a long distance. In medium distance, they can even fly around cornes and still hit you in your cover when aimed properly. Depends on the skill of the pilot shooting them.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle

The hands of the many must join as one
And together we'll cross the river

#30 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 06:46 AM

View PostRisorialScion, on January 30 2013 - 06:42 AM, said:

Actually, I can say that I don't suck that hard at this game but still eat hellfires from time to time. If you don't have a cover RIGHT NEXT TO YOU in the direction of where the missiles come from, they will hit you. This is the situation where this weapon is truly fire and forget, it will hit no matter what. If you happen to be anywhere where you can jump into cover though, you are perfectly save if the rockets are fired from a long distance. In medium distance, they can even fly around cornes and still hit you in your cover when aimed properly. Depends on the skill of the pilot shooting them.
Actually you don't need cover to negate most of the damage caused by hellfires. Try running in one direction and dodging in the other, that causes at least half of the missiles miss. Or you could time the dodge better, a nice-timed dodge can completely dodge the entire volley (as long as you're not in a C-class mech)
Posted Image
*sigh*

#31 RisorialScion

RisorialScion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 06:51 AM

View PostJuodvarnis, on January 30 2013 - 06:46 AM, said:

Actually you don't need cover to negate most of the damage caused by hellfires. Try running in one direction and dodging in the other, that causes at least half of the missiles miss. Or you could time the dodge better, a nice-timed dodge can completely dodge the entire volley (as long as you're not in a C-class mech)
You have to be very lucky to evade the whole volley with just dodging, I tried it quite a few times and never negated all of the damage unless close enough.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle

The hands of the many must join as one
And together we'll cross the river

#32 Gree

Gree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted January 30 2013 - 07:11 AM

View PostJuodvarnis, on January 30 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

View PostGree, on January 30 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

If they don't dodge that means you're only playing against new players.
The trick is to fire the little babies from a unexpected angle. The enemy can dodge a few of them, but some will hit and the ones that didn't will burn him wth the splash damage. While all that happens, make sure to fire your seeker all the time.

Edited by Gree, January 30 2013 - 07:11 AM.

#33 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostGree, on January 30 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

The trick is to fire the little babies from a unexpected angle. The enemy can dodge a few of them, but some will hit and the ones that didn't will burn him wth the splash damage. While all that happens, make sure to fire your seeker all the time.
I've been playing since Alpha. I know how to use it.

I don't use seekers. I don't need to have both weapons that aim for me. I prefer my sexy EOC repeater. Love the sound it makes.
Posted Image
*sigh*

#34 Restowned

Restowned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 12:41 PM

I have faced more then a few brawlers in my A class mech that I would never even think of facing head on without tons of cover to use hit and run tactics. Brawlers are boss, you just need to stick with your team so you don't get surrounded. In fact, when I played brawler up to 25... I felt that it might have been the 2nd best class only behind scout(imo ofc).

#35 SeaOfInsanity

SeaOfInsanity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted January 30 2013 - 02:53 PM

C-Class, easy kills_ You wanna say that to my face!!!
Just kidding. Skills usually determine how well a certain mech performs regardless of class.
Yea I use Rocket Turrets and I don't care who knows it

#36 BiO

BiO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTgz, Chis.

Posted January 30 2013 - 03:25 PM

:wub:  I love my brawler... but many hate it. :ph34r:

Laptop - MSI GT780DX | i7-2630QM | NVIDIA GTX570M 1.5GB GDDR5 | 17.3" FHD 1920x1080 | 8GB DDR3 | 750GB 7200RPM | Windows 7 Home Premium

Posted Image

#37 Saphyr

Saphyr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:31 PM

Just played a bit with my rocketeer today.  I actually had a killstreak going playing from the back and pressuring the enemy line (which is how I thought C-Classes operated).  Then all my teammates died suddenly and I was left die to a giant swarm of enemy mechs.  By the way, we were consistently losing.  The opposing force had pretty competent players, especially the one in the Grenadier.  The mech is still new to me, but I'm getting the hang of its role.

Posted Image

I am Wandering Gun #70, and I play clean.

You can hire me to substitute for clan members if you're short a mech!

Contact me and I'll tell you what I'm available for!

#38 Blentech_Blender

Blentech_Blender

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCentre du Québec

Posted January 31 2013 - 08:25 AM

I have a lv25 grenadier and I have to say that it's a hard to fight 1vs1 agains a class A mech. grenade are slow and difficult to aim to a moving target at a distance or even worst at close range. But in a team setting it is a formidable mech to have.

Spam the enemy at a distance to soften them up and then just let the team in for an easy kill.
It's Hawken smoke don't breathe this.

#39 Morphman

Morphman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 04:51 AM

C-Class has it's place... as a diversion for all the A- and B-Class mechs ;)
I tried C-Class for the first time today and their firepower is impressive (rocketeer), but even with 850hp they go down way too easilly when 2-3 A-Class surround you. I found myself sacrificing myself in order for my teammates to take objectives and flank the enemies most of the time, and that is a good tactic for the team, but not as great for your own stats >.<
Posted Image

#40 Owngasm

Owngasm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 05:20 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users