HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Want to remove the horrible film grain _

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Belzebuth

Belzebuth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 12:00 PM

Go in Users\name\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config

Then open the file Hawkenengine with notepad after u will need to find this line (u can do search grain in notepad to find it faster )

ImageGrainNoiseTextureName=

then just delete the text after the =  *** (there no text on mine cus i already deleted it....) ***

there you go no more choppy film grain

#2 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted December 30 2012 - 02:48 PM

Thank you for posting something that is helpful to the community!  :)

However, next time, please use the search function before making a new thread.  Searching for 'film grain' turned up these posts on the first results page:

http://community.pla...ain#entry137841
http://community.pla...ain#entry135935
http://community.pla...igini-tweaking/
http://community.pla...on/#entry127191
http://community.pla...ct/#entry124714
http://community.pla...cs/#entry123484

(as you can tell, this is a common thing to want removed) :)

And welcome to Hawken, see you on the battlefield pilot!

Edited by bacon_avenger, December 30 2012 - 02:48 PM.

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#3 Belzebuth

Belzebuth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 03:03 PM

sry but most of the link you provided are not even related with the solution i talk about in this thread,
for the link that do talk about the fix... u need to read comment or click link to another post and still read comment to find the fix , i cant find any other thread that talk only about the fix

so plz before assuming it a "dual-post" do your research a little better.

#4 bfdhud

bfdhud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 03:21 PM

oh snap!

#5 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 03:38 PM

[quote name='Belzebuth' timestamp='1356908594' post='157095']
sry but most of the link you provided are not even related with the solution i talk about in this thread,
for the link that do talk about the fix... u need to read comment or click link to another post and still read comment to find the fix , i cant find any other thread that talk only about the fix

so plz before assuming it a "dual-post" do your research a little better.[/quote]
I would suggest you do the same then.  :)

Every link I posted all have to do with removing the film grain, and give the same instructions you posted, or link to another post that gives the same info, if not more.

Lets see, the first one:
[quote name='Elix' timestamp='1355931286' post='137841']
Please note that tweaking INI files is not supported by the devs. You can disable motion blur easily. The film grain is a different matter, slightly. Follow these steps.
1) ONLY edit the files in (My) Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config\
2) ONLY edit HawkenSystemSettings.ini, and only when Hawken and the launcher are not running.
3) Make the following lines look like this:
[quote]Motionblur=False
MotionblurPause=False
MotionblurSkinning=1[/quote]
4)Add this to the bottom of the [SystemSettings] section, above the whitespace for [SystemSettingsBucket1]:
[quote]bAllowImageGrain=False
[/quote]
5) Save the file and launch Hawken.
[/quote]

The second and third don't specifically state this, but they do list alternate ways to disable it, so those I will admit are not the best examples.

The fourth one:
[quote name='Roundlay' timestamp='1355581956' post='127191']This was requested and added to the CBE3 build. As soon as the advanced graphics checklist is patched in I'm sure you'll still be able to toggle noise on and off.
In the meantime, I'm pretty sure you can comment out the texture definitions below to achieve a noiseless image. They should be in the "HawkenEngine.ini" file.
;ScreenDoorNoiseTextureName=EngineMaterials.Good64x64TilingNoiseHighFreq
;ImageGrainNoiseTextureName=EngineMaterials.Good64x64TilingNoiseHighFreq[/quote]

Fifth:
[quote name='Entity' timestamp='1355506508' post='124714']
open C:\Users\<user>\Documents\my games\Hawken\Config\HawkenEngine.ini
look for this line:
ImageGrainNoiseTextureName=EngineMaterials.Good64x64TilingNoiseHighFreq
remove the part behind the '=', leaving just this:
that should remove the film grain.
[/quote]

And the sixth:
[quote name='Phaaze' timestamp='1355462081' post='123484']
computer> C:> Program files> meteor entertainment> hawken>installed haken files>hawken game>config>default systems settings
change (near the top) bAllowImageGrain=True to bAllowImageGrain=False
or in the options change graphics quality to low (not textures)
[/quote]

Shall I continue_

[quote name='bfdhud' timestamp='1356909718' post='157113']oh snap![/quote]Hardly.  See above. :)

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3

#6 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted December 30 2012 - 04:18 PM

View Postbacon_avenger, on December 30 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

View PostBelzebuth, on December 30 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

so plz before assuming it a "dual-post" do your research a little better.
I would suggest you do the same then.  :)

Every link I posted all have to do with removing the film grain, and give the same instructions you posted, or link to another post that gives the same info, if not more.

Lets see, the first one:

View PostElix, on December 19 2012 - 07:34 AM, said:

Please note that tweaking INI files is not supported by the devs. You can disable motion blur easily. The film grain is a different matter, slightly. Follow these steps.
1) ONLY edit the files in (My) DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig
2) ONLY edit HawkenSystemSettings.ini, and only when Hawken and the launcher are not running.
3) Make the following lines look like this:

Motionblur=False
MotionblurPause=False
MotionblurSkinning=1
4)Add this to the bottom of the [SystemSettings] section, above the whitespace for [SystemSettingsBucket1]:

bAllowImageGrain=False
5) Save the file and launch Hawken.

The second and third don't specifically state this, but they do list alternate ways to disable it, so those I will admit are not the best examples.

The fourth one:

View PostRoundlay, on December 15 2012 - 06:32 AM, said:

This was requested and added to the CBE3 build. As soon as the advanced graphics checklist is patched in I'm sure you'll still be able to toggle noise on and off.
In the meantime, I'm pretty sure you can comment out the texture definitions below to achieve a noiseless image. They should be in the "HawkenEngine.ini" file.
;ScreenDoorNoiseTextureName=EngineMaterials.Good64x64TilingNoiseHighFreq
;ImageGrainNoiseTextureName=EngineMaterials.Good64x64TilingNoiseHighFreq

Fifth:

View PostEntity, on December 14 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

open C:Users<user>Documentsmy gamesHawkenConfigHawkenEngine.ini
look for this line:
ImageGrainNoiseTextureName=EngineMaterials.Good64x64TilingNoiseHighFreq
remove the part behind the '=', leaving just this:
that should remove the film grain.

And the sixth:

View PostPhaaze, on December 13 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

computer> C:> Program files> meteor entertainment> hawken>installed haken files>hawken game>config>default systems settings
change (near the top) bAllowImageGrain=True to bAllowImageGrain=False
or in the options change graphics quality to low (not textures)

Shall I continue_

View Postbfdhud, on December 30 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

oh snap!
Hardly.  See above. :)
haha, kudos. Someone got wrecked ...
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#7 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostArnieF4440, on December 30 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

haha, kudos. Someone got wrecked ...
Now, now, no need to rub it in.  :)

#8 Belzebuth

Belzebuth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 04:53 PM

wow you are so useless
1-Your first link has nothing to do with the fix i posted( it not the same thing ) it another work around that ive not tested
so do you even read before posting_.

2-good now we know that the first 3 link are not even related to my post...

3- the fourth link u provided, is not clear at all and give very little detail about what to do and where to find the file ,,,

5- the fifth link is the only 1 that that related to my thread , but as far as i know there not a single thread similar to mine

6- the sixth link u provided is the same thing than "-1" it just another work around similar to what i posted but not the same thing
hmmm 5/6 of your link were useless so dont tell me u did research before posting.
so plz Mrs "advenced user" stop wasting your time by trolling my post ty

#9 Zacam

Zacam

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 05:04 PM

The point that was being exampled was this: You're not the first person to find Film Grain annoying, nor are you the first person to relate information for how to disable it and that a little searching might have shown that.

Nobody has said that you're wrong.

Fyi, myself, I prefer to do it this way:
ImageGrainNoiseTextureName=;EngineMaterials.Good64x64TilingNoiseHighFreq

I put the ; after the = and that seems to work without breaking any shader loops that look to interact with the variable for the ImageGrain yet still leaves the data present.

#10 Belzebuth

Belzebuth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 05:13 PM

yea i understand... i just wanted to help by making  thing easier -.-

Edited by Belzebuth, December 30 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#11 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostBelzebuth, on December 30 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

wow you are so useless

so plz Mrs "advenced user" stop wasting your time by trolling my post ty
I'm useless_  Did you even read what I quoted_

Link #1: bAllowImageGrain=False
Link #2/3: Already admitted they aren't the best examples, but they do cover it in a round about way.
Link #4: ;ImageGrainNoiseTextureName=EngineMaterials.Good64x64TilingNoiseHighFreq
Link #5: Was specific on what file to change and what line to change
Link #6: A different way to remove it and is specific on the file to change.

Regardless if they were exactly the same as your post, they do the same thing, which is what I was trying to point out.

View PostBelzebuth, on December 30 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

yea i understand... i just wanted to help by making  thing easier -.-
And that's commendable.  No where did I say 'you are a Bad Person for posting this and you should Feel Bad™', I was trying to show you that before posting, one should always search first (I do this myself) to make sure that it's not been covered already.  Extra posts make it harder to find information and push other threads with current/new discussions off the front page, which defeats the purpose of trying to make things easier.

But you came back, to me anyway, with an indignant reply that I wasn't reading, which I was, so I defended my position.

I wasn't trying to attack you
I wasn't trying to be arrogant and snarky
I wasn't trying to make you feel dumb or less of a person for trying to help

Anyway, I'm not responding to this with the intention of agonizing you or anyone else (the last thing I am is a troll), so I'll leave it at that.  Enjoy the game and perhaps we will meet in a match.  :)

#12 Belzebuth

Belzebuth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 08:32 PM

hey thnx for the free bump... at least more people will see my thread lol
90 view already maybe i was right after all this thread is useful... unlike your comment

Edited by Belzebuth, December 30 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#13 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 08:46 PM

View PostBelzebuth, on December 30 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

hey thnx for the free bump... at least more people will see my thread lol
90 view already maybe i was right after all this thread is useful... unlike your comment
*sigh*

I give up.  I will frequent this post no longer since the OP apparently refuses to grok.

#14 KillRichEngage

KillRichEngage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 03:41 PM

Actually I just searched on google and only this thread appeared. I hate browsing these forums because every page seems to be filled with absolute bastards that have so much time to waste that they argue over helping people. I don't care if this thread is elsewhere because this, for me, was the easiest place to find it. Advanced Member *sigh* I wonder how much of his life he has wasted writing out essays for people who hardly care... That's enough now, wasted enough of my time here too

#15 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 04:03 PM

View PostKillRichEngage, on January 04 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Actually I just searched on google and only this thread appeared. I hate browsing these forums because every page seems to be filled with absolute bastards that have so much time to waste that they argue over helping people. I don't care if this thread is elsewhere because this, for me, was the easiest place to find it.
You apparently didn't use google too well...

https://www.google.c...lient=firefox-a

First five hits: Thank you, try again. :)

View PostKillRichEngage, on January 04 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Advanced Member *sigh* I wonder how much of his life he has wasted writing out essays for people who hardly care... That's enough now, wasted enough of my time here too
And yet you posted something instead of moving on.

See you on the battlefield pilots.  :)

Edited by bacon_avenger, January 05 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#16 Woobins

Woobins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted January 04 2013 - 05:48 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Woobins, January 04 2013 - 05:51 PM.

THREADS -{  Who wins_ -//- Alternative EMP -//- Hawken OST_ }

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users