HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Favorite Gamemode and why_

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Gamemode (145 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you like to play_

1. Deathmatch (19 votes [13.10%])

Percentage of vote: 13.10%

2. Team Deathmatch (39 votes [26.90%])

Percentage of vote: 26.90%

3. Missile Assault (28 votes [19.31%])

Percentage of vote: 19.31%

4. Seige (42 votes [28.97%])

Percentage of vote: 28.97%

5. All of them! (16 votes [11.03%])

Percentage of vote: 11.03%

6. I hate this game :< (1 votes [0.69%])

Percentage of vote: 0.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted June 02 2013 - 07:04 AM

View PostBeemann, on May 31 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

View PostRedVan, on May 30 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

View PostBeemann, on May 30 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

View PostRedVan, on May 30 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

not through deathmatching, only through team deathmatching.  If my team can out kill your team, we'll hold all applicable points necessary to win.

and ty, I'm leveling up my necromancer
With that logic, what game modes aren't TDM_
any location based objective = same as MA
Anything involving protecting something = if we can kill your team, we can take/destroy what you've been protecting and win

Now you've got it!

That's why I want to see more interesting game modes, because TDM around 3 specific points, which is what MA and siege equate to (assuming people actually fight in siege), is rather bland.

Sure, any other game mode is just going to be TDM with XYZ, but they could at least make XY and Z be interesting
For a guy who argues against cross-genre comparisons, you sure are stretching out your comparisons when it comes to gamemodes

Don't see how different simplistic game modes in an FPS are remotely similar to talking about game genres.

So you mean to tell me you feel there is more to MA than simply killing the enemy team at 3 specific locations to maintain control of said locations_

#82 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Locationnear the north pole

Posted June 02 2013 - 07:37 AM

I dont' know if you've watched any of the BSB in-house scrims but we recently did some tests with MA, including one team without a tech :o As far as whoever is the dominant killing force wins idea, you're completely wrong. We have seen time and time again that strategy always wins out(Keep in mind this is talking about front line and not the other shady maps like origin, bazaar or facility) The tech team also lost but we believe it was due to a player skill/mech comp imbalance we'll be testing out some more later.

Edit: I want to make myself a bit more clear, we have seen time and time again teams with a 10+ death lead(in other words roughly 70 seconds of a 6v5 'power play') lose to the team who is just more strategically organized

If you do not utilize your man advantage properly and throw it away at crucial times you can and will lose games even if you stomp them into the garage through sheer force over and over again

Edit2: forgot to finish edit 1 GG

Edited by Exeon, June 02 2013 - 07:46 PM.

View PostDew, on April 04 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#83 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted June 03 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostExeon, on June 02 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

I dont' know if you've watched any of the BSB in-house scrims but we recently did some tests with MA, including one team without a tech :o As far as whoever is the dominant killing force wins idea, you're completely wrong. We have seen time and time again that strategy always wins out(Keep in mind this is talking about front line and not the other shady maps like origin, bazaar or facility) The tech team also lost but we believe it was due to a player skill/mech comp imbalance we'll be testing out some more later.

Edit: I want to make myself a bit more clear, we have seen time and time again teams with a 10+ death lead(in other words roughly 70 seconds of a 6v5 'power play') lose to the team who is just more strategically organized

If you do not utilize your man advantage properly and throw it away at crucial times you can and will lose games even if you stomp them into the garage through sheer force over and over again

Edit2: forgot to finish edit 1 GG

Well yes, obviously there needs to be tactics involved as well.  But if both teams are equally skilled tactically, but one team is better at killing, they will win.  No question about that.

#84 RodentofDoom

RodentofDoom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted June 03 2013 - 01:12 PM

I prefer the team orientated modes

though siege confuses me a little.... where the hell does the stuff you collect go :(
Yeah I know ... 'gtfo noob'  :D

TDM and missile is nice & straight forward

I agree with Kamile as well, a triangular arrangement on the launchers would make a map far more fluid and dynamic

#85 Hayashi3

Hayashi3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted July 08 2013 - 09:50 AM

If the teams are balanced and competitive, and are both sticking together, then this makes for a super fun TDM round.  I love it when the scores are really close, the battles intense and chaotic, and the kills rewarding due to the skill it takes to make it happen.  I also like to be pushed into adapting and trying different strategies against difficult opponents.  I am new and am yet to try Siege or MA but am planning on it soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users