HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Best game in armored core series

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 iamJTS

iamJTS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted January 04 2013 - 08:12 PM

In your opinion, what's your favorite armored core game and why_

Hawken has me all hopped up on mech games again, so I'm probably going to PC emulate a couple of them :)

#2 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted January 05 2013 - 10:49 PM

My favorite is AC 3 for the story and missions. But if you want more parts to play with, Nexus or Last Raven are the best for that.

AC 4 Answer is really good too. Though it is quite different from the older games, its multiple endings and parts selection and balancing are good.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#3 RespawningJesus

RespawningJesus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted January 07 2013 - 03:34 AM

I actually preferred AC4, due to how fast it was.  I heard ACFA improved upon AC4, but I never got the chance to play it, so I cannot really say for certain.  I just love to create mechs and then go online with them with my friends.  We learned a lot of interesting things from one another. AC5 is certainly interesting, and I liked at where it was going, but it just didn't have big enough of a player population to be any fun, due to how it was dependent on multiplayer.

#4 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted January 07 2013 - 10:06 AM

I've only played 2 and 3 when I was little. 3 had more parts and features than 2 I believe, so I'd go with 3.

Seeing recent gameplay footage it seems... odd. Infinite ground boosting just looks weird.
Desert Fox

#5 Gunmoku

Gunmoku

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationThe mystical, magical land of Right Over There

Posted January 07 2013 - 10:11 AM

The best AC games were the Armored Core 3 generation games, especially Silent Line through Last Raven.  They all had that right feel to the combat and were all enjoyable to play, and encouraged build experimentations.

4-Answer was pretty interesting, especially since it had a branching story.  

AC5 had all the right makings for a real comeback to AC's glory days, but it fell miles short of its goals.  Shoddy multiplayer, absolute fuzzy bunny story (seriously, WTF was going on_), and questionable design decisions (the super-weapons were silly ideas to begin with).  I'm crossing my fingers FROM gets their fuzzy bunny together and does another AC "reboot" after AC5, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by Gunmoku, January 07 2013 - 10:13 AM.

View PostRED_FIVE, on September 04 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

YER A RAIDER, HARRY.

#6 Kuroa_Bateru

Kuroa_Bateru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 08 2013 - 07:27 AM

Actually, I liked the designs in AC4A. That and you can go through most of the game with dual wielding blades :P Got through the last battle with just that hahaha

I mean, there's 4 enemy ACs after you and you can only dodge their bullets long enough to kill one or two of them. Might as well, go with the auto-boosting-auto-locking beam sabers to knock 2000+ damage on each hit

But yes, the story was sort of '...ee_ What's going on_'
My favorite is AC2 for the PS2

#7 xICWMx

xICWMx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationLexington, Kentucky

Posted January 08 2013 - 10:35 PM

I never could kill that S.o.B. 9 Ball.

I think I like AC3 the best, but it is all blurred in my childhood memory of building robots and smashing controllers. AC1 is the classic. I still remember the demo mission from the PS1 sample disc.

Never played Nexus or 4 Answer, but I did try AC4 after a long hiatus and hated it.

Last year I played AC5. It was probably the worst game I ever had an absolute blast playing. By so many industry standards that game was poorly executed and broken, but it was fun and I liked it so what does that say_

#8 RavenCaspian

RavenCaspian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSentium

Posted January 09 2013 - 06:38 PM

I agree for those who liked the Third Generation.
For me, it has more realistic looking parts than the other ones,
I like Last Raven the best since it has the most balanced stats on its parts... its just me...
Posted ImageThe lazy slacker...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users