HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

mouse speed cap / negative acceleration

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: do you think mouse speed cap should be removed_ (48 member(s) have cast votes)

do you think mouse speed cap should be removed_

1. yes (21 votes [43.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

2. no (27 votes [56.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted February 12 2014 - 05:38 AM

View Posthawken00, on February 12 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

View PostAkrium, on February 12 2014 - 05:02 AM, said:

No I meant joystick left hand, mouse right hand.. I knew a few guys back in competitive CS (pre CS:S and also during CS:S) that ran the game that way. I still have no clue how they did it, but they were good at it. Gave a LOT of control to their aiming.

Thats what I'm saying, theres nothing wrong using a joystick instead of a keyboard, thats the mouse which matters

View PostAkrium, on February 12 2014 - 05:02 AM, said:

And the current Hawken feel... feels spot on in terms of aiming and turning. I would just like to see a very very very tiny increase in health because I feel it is almost too easy to aim now.

Reading every comments and hearing feedback from streams etc, a lot of players are complaining about the current hawken

Well I have seen them use keyboard + joystick as well, but it wasn't as common place. But I know ppl that have done it and some that refuse to play games that don't have joystick support. Because lets face it, why shouldn't all games have joystick support in this time and day_

And from what I've been hearing, I've heard FAR more happy with the change responses. The biggest issues I've heard people complain about are the lowered ttk and the balance.

1) lowered ttk is a result of them changing a huge chunk of the meta to be less face hugging and more strategic battles. Where skill, teamwork and strats have a big influence. Previously you could just mindless do a lot of things in Hawken without any serious repercussion. So, obviously some people are not going to find this new change fun since they have to be more aware and less mindless.

2) The match maker is going to have a rough time at start because it is a sorta closed beta with a smaller population than the open beta of Hawken. With more people the less this will be an issue. In the mean time, the elo system will be a bit off because of a smaller play population. As one should expect. This will obviously get solved as more people join the closed steam beta and the game goes live.

#22 AnakinMechWalker

AnakinMechWalker

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 24 2014 - 12:00 AM

Steel Batallion - Only mech game where you would need a mech driver's license to play it competitively. Go look it up. It's dead, but was an ambitious project.

#23 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted September 24 2014 - 02:03 PM

i know how you feel and changing mouse poll rate to 1k seems to bif it for me
i don't mean any of it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users