HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Producer Letter: The Reaper Update

News Patch

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted January 22 2013 - 09:56 PM

How about you give us the specs of the New Reaper Mech so that we have a heads up idea what this mech has to offer  to the player.

Thanks for the new stuff and Tweaks

Sincerely, respectfully

Omega22

I see DeaD HawkeN PilotS and they all are  NooBS !

#22 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted January 22 2013 - 10:14 PM

Any chance of giving us the patch update size so we can figure out how long it will take to patch ( i know it depends on your internet speed )

but a heads up would be welcome for those who have slow internet .

Thanks again

I see DeaD HawkeN PilotS and they all are  NooBS !

#23 necroq

necroq

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Locationhere

Posted January 23 2013 - 01:33 AM

mech every month will make this game epic. and new weapons.. skins.. i hope u guys collect more then enough money.
and i hope there will more players from europe. so we will fill even at night uk servers with good ping.

Posted Image

#24 c0mad0r

c0mad0r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA. USA

Posted January 23 2013 - 01:49 AM

The lack of maps at the moment is really my #1 deterrent in playing... Some of us Alpha members are just plain tired of the same TWO maps and I really think interest in waning due to that lack of diversity.

Having made several maps while working at SOE in the early 2000's and then again with friends to make UT2k4/UT3 maps (Anarchy Halls, Tyridium Mining Cave, Skyline, and GoldDigger to name a few). I can understand that a single person can easily spend 6 months to make a map, but we REALLY need more map diversity!
It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools. Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers. -Illiad

Check out my: HAWKEN MUMBLE SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN TEAMSPEAK SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN INI's EXPLAINED

#25 KyRoS

KyRoS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted January 23 2013 - 06:06 AM

View Posth0B0, on January 22 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

Is it just me, or does this guy look eerily like the dude from the Hawken Graphic Novel...

#26 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted January 23 2013 - 06:14 AM

View Post[HWK]PabloPwnage, on January 22 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

This week's patch marks the start of our content release schedule, which encompasses mechs, maps, and everything in between. We aim to have two patches every month, one introducing a new mech and the other addressing balance and follow-up tweaks. While all new mechs will have a unique chassis, some will also introduce new weapons, items, or internals. New cosmetics such as camouflage and drones will be also be added in each new mech patch. Two mechs will be available to test drive at any time, rotating out every one or two weeks. Newly released mechs will be part of this rotation, usually a few weeks after being first introduced.

The best part of this all <3
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#27 Gunhed

Gunhed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationIsland 8JO

Posted January 23 2013 - 07:18 AM

We'll see you on the battlefield, pilots!
I wish that was true..Im on UK server..and havent seen any Devs..even on DevHunt day.. :(

#28 c0mad0r

c0mad0r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA. USA

Posted January 23 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostGunhed, on January 23 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

We'll see you on the battlefield, pilots!
I wish that was true..Im on UK server..and havent seen any Devs..even on DevHunt day.. :(
They actually play West Coast USA all the time... it is not uncommon for me to see one at least once a week... hop over the pond ~9PM PST -8GMT and you'll see them.
It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools. Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers. -Illiad

Check out my: HAWKEN MUMBLE SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN TEAMSPEAK SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN INI's EXPLAINED

#29 Jintonic

Jintonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted January 23 2013 - 08:20 AM

nothing new, kinda pointless tread

#30 Stevoo4552

Stevoo4552

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Locationgermany

Posted January 23 2013 - 10:34 AM

Why dont set priority on Community things, like Group joining, Clan supports and things like that __ But im also Happy about the update too :)

#31 HotDog

HotDog

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted January 23 2013 - 10:43 AM

Hello,

nice Patch BTW - ADH/Meteor Ent. but....

Matchmaking is a minor thing to fix - Since Hawken is a Team-based FPS it should at least have the possibility to join as a group! This was mentioned allot of times in the Forums and allot of Clans want to compete to each other. Right now this is not possible!

I know critic and so on - Flame on but still this is a necessary function for this type of game....

Allot of our Clan Members are just frustrated that this is still not implemented!

I know - I set up allot of topics that critic ADH and Meteor Ent. - But im not the type of Pearson that sits down and takes it for credit that something just works - It has to work better and Hawken has allot of potential. :)

Best regards

-BV-HotDog

Posted Image

#32 PabloPwnage

PabloPwnage

Producer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted January 23 2013 - 12:17 PM

View PostKronguard, on January 22 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

I am confused about one thing tho.

When you lot say ''introduce a new mech'' you mean as in story,lore,few concept art pictures and some update on the work,or you mean an actual playable mech_
Because i am confused,when the patch hits the servers,will the new mech be available or will we just get updates on the work of it_

Also regarding the matchmaking.
The way i see it,right now the main bases that are taken into consideration is an averedge level of your mechs_!
If that's the case,you have a problem,because even a blind person can get all mechs to max level,it does not mean they will actually be able to play if level equals skill (in matchmaking case)

Hey Kronguard,

Tomorrow's patch will include the new Reaper mech as a playable mech in the game.  We will be preceding the release of new mechs with a spotlight page that includes lore, images, etc to introduce the mech to the community before it is actually put into the game after a patch.

As for mech level, that is not really taken into consideration when matchmaking because as you state, a level 25 mech does not really represent skill.  Right now, the skill trees (as many in the community have noticed) are not creating a huge delta between a max level mech and a minimum level mech since it would create an unfair advantage otherwise so we don't separate players by mech level.  Your skill is how the matchmaker decides where to place you.  

As for the skill tree not having as big an effect anymore, big changes are coming to make them more meaningful without introducing balance issues, so stay tuned for more details!

Paul Loynd
Senior Producer/Enforcer, Meteor Entertainment

#33 PabloPwnage

PabloPwnage

Producer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted January 23 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostOllie, on January 22 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

We aim to have two patches every month, one introducing a new mech and the other addressing balance and follow-up tweaks.
Whoa, whoa, whoa.  So any imbalances not already addressed by this patch have a bare minimum of 30 days to be addressed in future_  Including emergent imbalance introduced by new patches_  On top of what was already gathered during three alpha/beta phases_

But new stuff to "buy" comes at the same rate_

This bodes not well, Bodhi.  If you're going to ride the perpetual beta/agile train, the whole responsiveness thing is a pretty key factor.  30 day turn-around on critical factors (adjustable by hex edit) makes me a sad panda.

Hey Ollie,

Anything egregious introduced by a new patch would be remedied in a hot fix outside of our normally scheduled patches.  Other balance issues are addressed as they are verified and depending on severity would either be looped into the next patch (so 14 day max) or the patch following if the next patch is already locked.

Balance is a constant concern for us but we want to address issues with well thought out solutions and avoid introducing new problems by rushing to fix something.  Our patch schedule is still something that is being defined as we move forward but for the time being our major concern is providing a stable environment for our players with expectations on what will be fixed and when.

Paul Loynd

#34 PabloPwnage

PabloPwnage

Producer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted January 23 2013 - 12:26 PM

View Postcheshirejak, on January 22 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

Can't wait until we get a Party update, be nice to be able to stick with my clan instead of fighting to find a server with room and then fighting to get on the same team. Look forward to the fixes and the mixes!

--Jak

Parties are a high priority feature for us and we are actively working on getting them into the game as soon as we can.  We don't have a release date yet for when parties will be available but all of us here on the Hawken Team want to be able to stick with our friends while playing Hawken just as much as all of you :)

Stay tuned for updates!

Paul Loynd

#35 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted January 23 2013 - 01:18 PM

I'm extremely concerned about the overlapping roles created by sharing weapons across various different classes, mainly due to the introduction of the prestige weapon system in the very last days of closed beta. This has never been a fully tested HAWKEN feature, and it shows. The usual suspects are the assault completely outperforming the bruiser due to the shared Vulcan ( because Vulcan was never tested for assault in pre-beta) and how the shared HEAT on the scout and infiltrator chassis make the scout a clearly superior mech in all the infiltrator's roles due to its unparalleled mobility.

No patches have ever addressed mech vs mech balance. I am terrified that if you continue down this road, class balance will stick certain lower-tier mechs into a dusty corner where they'll die a slow death, and it should only get harder as new mech at introduced at a rate of one per month.

The prestige weapons desperately require a revamp. Vulcan needs to leave assault and berserker, for starters. Corporate testers would call this solution "low-hanging fruit".

Edited by Conquistador, January 23 2013 - 01:24 PM.

Posted Image

#36 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted January 23 2013 - 01:30 PM

The forums needs more Hughes.

Also, is it possible to add more guns on an individual basis instead of coming with newer mechs so that we could balance the older mechs_ Vulcan fever is over~

Edited by Sylhiri, January 23 2013 - 01:33 PM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#37 Noin

Noin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted January 23 2013 - 03:14 PM

I would agree prestige weapons should be prestigious, not just another weapon from a different class.  Using a weapon from another class, our more explicitly a weapon of completely different situational effectiveness, kind of muddies the purpose of a class.

#38 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSentium Design HQ

Posted January 23 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostNoin, on January 23 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

I would agree prestige weapons should be prestigious, not just another weapon from a different class.  Using a weapon from another class, our more explicitly a weapon of completely different situational effectiveness, kind of muddies the purpose of a class.

I agree with that too.

Posted Image

#39 Twinmill33

Twinmill33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted January 23 2013 - 06:35 PM

Thank you guys for the update. I can't wait for new the mechs.

#40 ANDROIDORS

ANDROIDORS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Dnepropetrovsk region, Krivoy Rog

Posted January 24 2013 - 02:57 AM

Finally, I waited

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Patch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users