HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Scout overpowered_

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#101 RisorialScion

RisorialScion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 01:35 PM

I'd suggest smaller, less-dmg weapons just like it has been done with the reaper in comparison to the sharpshooter. I don't see how a scout can have the same loadout as a c-class mech.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle

The hands of the many must join as one
And together we'll cross the river

#102 kubikiri

kubikiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 01:47 PM

View Postburns1124, on February 05 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

View Postdeusex2, on February 05 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

I believe that C class mechs are underpowered, as well as Bruiser mech.
Please, please, please, please, stop complaining that certain mechs in this game are OP, and need a nerf.  This is not WoW, if you have some issues dealing with a particular Mech and offensive load-out, then maybe ask some of the very knowledgable folks that frequent these forums.  They will be more than happy to give you advice on how to deal with Mechs and weapon combos.

i think a discussion can be had about aspects of a beta game without it being labeled complaining...
or is anything that can be percieved as negative not allowed, or not cool_

and this thread wouldn't be this long if nobody else agreed... I've made threads that no one responded to,
and in a way that is a response, I dont know what the solution is but,I think discussion about any most any
issue is benificial...   pretty sure thats why this forum exists....

#103 Dogzer

Dogzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 04:34 AM

View PostKeiichi81, on February 08 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

The Mini-Flak deals 56 damage and fires 2 shots per second. The TOW does 185 damage. In 1 second, the SCOUT can deal almost 300 da

Actually you're wrong.

You're comparing each gun's maximum damage as ONLY factor. But you're forgetting about weapon's range. As some weapons don't provide 100% of maximum damage, depending on range.

The SS will always provide 100% of damage, whenever it hits. When mini-flak's bullet spreads. It has short range. If hits, provides 100% standing right next, 50% from mid-range and 5% from sniper's position. This is only aprox, but do know what I'm saying_
I agree that mini-flak is more effective at mid-range than machinegun, and lets not even mention minigun.

Also Tow never provides its full damage. It's only 100% on direct hits. But that's hardly the case on combat.
As SS's only have to worry about placing the crosshair on top of the target. You don't have to "shoot where the target is going to be", as you'd do with tow, and sometimes is a bit about guessing where the target's going to dodge.
And to make a hit with tow in very long range, target would have to be absolutely distracted, stationary... maybe get them while shooting the siege's ship,completely oblivious to their surroundings. Otherwise it's easy to dodge. When you can't dodge a SS's bullet, it either hits or the SS player missed, no matter what distance you're at.

Edited by Dogzer, February 09 2013 - 04:46 AM.

Things I've noticed:
Team DM - Strength is in numbers.
Missile Assault - Hiding behind missile silos doesn't work against grenadiers.
Siege - No AA, no glory.
DM-They WILL get you from behind while fighting someone else.

#104 ambient_murder

ambient_murder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 02 2013 - 01:06 PM

I'm afraid I'll have to join in in with the A Class bashing.  I feel I've played more then enough to see these same issues.  Those little A class mechs are easily a few pegs more effective when compared to everything else.  They bring equal or greater firepower when compared to B, they have more then enough armor to survive a few hits, but the biggest boner is that HUGE boost in mobility vs. B and C class.  They really need a slight gimp in armor, and easily, a reduction in firepower, so that, you know, you actually have to use that crazy mobility to stay alive, not simply OUT RIGHT KILL EVERYONE :P

Even if they were to be gimped, I'd still use them, I just like being a mobile pain in the copper keester, I feel they should really be regulated to a support class for nabbing objectives and distracting/softening up other players.  

But I'm a giant fuzzy bunny, so I'm probably going to buy a couple anyway ^_^  And for all the horror a single Scout currently brings, multiple Berserkers with Vulcans and a firing rate/mobility increase is just some kinda NIGHTMARE no one EVER deserves to be put through (though feel free to PM me about forming an all Scout/Berserker team, k thnx :ph34r:)

#105 Logo123

Logo123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 15 2014 - 06:27 PM

From what i understand, the only time a scout is really overpowered is with a HEAT/TOW variant. Besides that most mechs really depend on the player skill, NOT the loadout or abilities.

#106 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted March 15 2014 - 06:33 PM

View PostLogo123, on March 15 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

From what i understand, the only time a scout is really overpowered is with a HEAT/TOW variant. Besides that most mechs really depend on the player skill, NOT the loadout or abilities.

Do you realize you posted on an almost year old thread_ Relevance in the commenters aren't really here. Except the fact people are still complaining about it.

Edited by Farlanghn, March 15 2014 - 06:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users