HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Scout overpowered_

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 Dogzer

Dogzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 04:46 AM

Guys, I'm under the opinion that scout is overpowered.

My personal experience is scout is often at the top of the highsore. I have a recruit and I feel that a lvl 10 scout > lvl 25 recruit on a 1 vs 1.

On the previous update I thought berserker was overpowered, because I saw it often at the top of the highscores, people said it wasn't, so I got a berserker and I hence was often at the top of highscores most matches.

I have the sensation this new update watered down my (now lvl 23) berserker, as I can barely take on a lvl 10 scout. I was upset, because I had my berserker all customized, and I was kicking ass with it. But also I didn't want to switch to scout, because maybe it'll become fixed on next update (_).

Hopefully not as I just got a scout, though, because I wanted to confirm it's overpowered, and being a lvl 1 scout, I just got on siegue, and I got first on the highscore, with 11 kills and 8 death 8 assits (we were the losing team). I got 1400 xp and I'm already level 2.

Now I know some people disagree (probably recent scout owners like me) but since this is a beta, radical changes can be expected.
But nevertheless I felt to urge to input my feedback on this.

This last update was great, I get an overall feeling of improvement, big mechs now impose respect, and berseker is not overpowered anymore. But damn that flack cannon is effective, my suggestion is to lower the fire rate of the flak cannon, or make it closer range, I can inflict damage more accurately than the machinegun on long range. I know flak cannons are for long range but either reduce rate of fire or damage, that's my personal opinion.
Things I've noticed:
Team DM - Strength is in numbers.
Missile Assault - Hiding behind missile silos doesn't work against grenadiers.
Siege - No AA, no glory.
DM-They WILL get you from behind while fighting someone else.

#2 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted January 30 2013 - 04:53 AM

As much as people call the Scout out on being overpowered, I don't think the Flak cannon needs adjustment. The Brawler doesn't need another kick to its shins.

#3 RisorialScion

RisorialScion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 04:59 AM

Most of the time, you will do significantly better in an A-Class mech than in B or C. Why_ Because this game is about mobility, small hitboxes, dodging. Could be that B and C last for 1 or 2 more hits but that will never make up for the speed and size A-Classes offer. If you want to win, (or at least be way above the average score in a match in case you suck at this game) just use Berserker, Scout or Infiltrator.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle

The hands of the many must join as one
And together we'll cross the river

#4 Gree

Gree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:03 AM

It depends the way you fight them. I want them far away from me because I know if I get ambushed by one, I can't either run or fight. Altough they are easy to kill with a ss or a rocketeer. You have to do a lot of damage at once to beat them.

#5 Gree

Gree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:06 AM

View PostRisorialScion, on January 30 2013 - 04:59 AM, said:

Most of the time, you will do significantly better in an A-Class mech than in B or C. Why_ Because this game is about mobility, small hitboxes, dodging. Could be that B and C last for 1 or 2 more hits but that will never make up for the speed and size A-Classes offer. If you want to win, (or at least be way above the average score in a match in case you suck at this game) just use Berserker, Scout or Infiltrator.
I disagree. Lots of times I got killed in my Infiltrator by a C clas because I couldn't hold the the damage.
You're talking like a berserker with hawkins and gren launcher would do something.

#6 SunshineSloth

SunshineSloth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationSouth of the Equator, North of the South Pole.

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:07 AM

I don't know about everyone else but I do consider the scout to be the strongest mech in the game right now. High DPS, Splash, mobility and tiny tiny hit box make it formidable.
Posted Image

#7 RisorialScion

RisorialScion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:11 AM

View PostGree, on January 30 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

I disagree. Lots of times I got killed in my Infiltrator by a C clas because I couldn't hold the the damage.
You're talking like a berserker with hawkins and gren launcher would do something.
You are not supposed to 'hold the damage' but to evade the shots. Ain't that hard with A-Class unless you are outnumbered in which case it doesn't matter which class you sit in. Only problem turns out to be hit by weapons with AOE, especially TOW-rocket. You still have better cards than C-Class which will get hit with the full force most of the times.

Edited by RisorialScion, January 30 2013 - 05:12 AM.

#8 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:11 AM

View PostSunshineSloth, on January 30 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

I don't know about everyone else but I do consider the scout to be the strongest mech in the game right now. High DPS, Splash, mobility and tiny tiny hit box make it formidable.
Well said!
At the moment there's only two things i'm scared of in the game: Heat Infiltrators and Scouts, AND THEY'RE EVERYWHERE

Edited by Juodvarnis, January 30 2013 - 05:11 AM.

Posted Image
*sigh*

#9 Gree

Gree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:20 AM

View PostRisorialScion, on January 30 2013 - 05:11 AM, said:

You are not supposed to 'hold the damage' but to evade the shots. Ain't that hard with A-Class unless you are outnumbered in which case it doesn't matter which class you sit in. Only problem turns out to be hit by weapons with AOE, especially TOW-rocket. You still have better cards than C-Class which will get hit with the full force most of the times.
Like all the C-class pilots I faced were morons.

#10 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:53 AM

View PostGree, on January 30 2013 - 05:20 AM, said:

View PostRisorialScion, on January 30 2013 - 05:11 AM, said:

Like all the C-class pilots I faced were morons.
i think the word you were looking for was NOOBS !

I see DeaD HawkeN PilotS and they all are  NooBS !

#11 Owngasm

Owngasm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:58 AM

Preface: Only been playing a week.  

I find the Scout to be a tad over-powered, but not so much that it requires massive changes or class overhauls. The TOW/Heat (or Flak) are both extremely hard hitting BURST DMG weapons. Combine this with a nearly infinite boost capabilities (with ability) and you got a class that can not only can run you down, but get away without issue if things go south. That being said, a lot of scouts are played by exceptional players, and their skill at the game overpowers any slight advantage scouts have.

The other side of this is scout is easily countered but only by classes that don't see much play. Snipers (SS/Reap) can pick apart scouts, so long as they see them first (scout gets close then scout wins).  A good C-Class can give em a hard time too.

Personally I think TOWs need a slight nerf, but only cause I love my infiltrator and super jelly I can't be OP HEAT/TOW :D

Edited by Owngasm, January 30 2013 - 06:00 AM.

Posted Image

#12 stallion

stallion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted January 30 2013 - 06:16 AM

View PostOwngasm, on January 30 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

The other side of this is scout is easily countered but only by classes that don't see much play. Snipers (SS/Reap) can pick apart scouts, so long as they see them first (scout gets close then scout wins).  A good C-Class can give em a hard time too.

agreed. had some great duels with gookywun yesterday. I was leveling my scout (lvl23 atm) and he was piloting his lvl 25 sharpshooter. I love to see people playing SS offensively, and I got my ass kicked on silo caps quite a few times. ^_^
ballistic barrage, slug shot, sabot shot, slug shot - A class is dead :lol:

edit. experienced grenadier and brawler can utterly destroy squishy scout, especially in close quarters.

Edited by stallion, January 30 2013 - 06:19 AM.

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Posted Image

#13 TwiceDead

TwiceDead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 06:21 AM

I suggest a mech to counter it.
Name: Boxer.
Primary Weapon: Right Jab (Blue Boxing Glove)
Secondary Weapon: Falcon Punch (Flaming Red Boxing Glove)

Serious:

Scout is the best CQC mech out there at the moment. That it overpowers other mechs at close range is really not a big surprise. My issue is that it's too powerful at ranged as well. That ToW hurts, and that Flak doesn't exactly miss at mid-range (Granted it doesn't do much damage either), but point is it still doesn't miss. You will continually be under pressure from being hit(depending on you), and if you try boosting behind cover you will give him enough time to close up, while he can still detonate ToW's behind your corner. This coming from a reaper/SS player though, so there's no wonder I get pressured by good scouts. . . Zerkers_ Infiltrators_ Still annoying. A-Class in general_ Still annoying. Yeah, I'm biased by my hate for A-classes. Nough from me.

Only thing I suggest is a ToW nerf really, maybe a spread increase on the Flak Cannon, but that would fuzzy bunny the brawler sideways, so that won't work.

Edited by TwiceDead, January 30 2013 - 06:23 AM.

Posted Image

#14 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted January 30 2013 - 06:23 AM

I love my scout. It is high risk high reward. Yes you have the mobility and the burst damage but you also have a tiny health bar and need to be at point blank for the flak to have full effect. I don't have many problems when in face scouts in my other mechs. Keep them at range and they can only tickle you with their primary. Then pick them apart with ranged weapons until they die or run. Keep a scout in the open and he is a sitting duck. Besides hawken is a team game. The scout can't handle sustained fights without overheating.

Edited by dEd101, January 30 2013 - 06:25 AM.

General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#15 RisorialScion

RisorialScion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 06:26 AM

View PostdEd101, on January 30 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

I love my scout.
Everybody loves the scout for obvious reasons ;D

#16 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 06:28 AM

View PostRisorialScion, on January 30 2013 - 06:26 AM, said:

I love my scout.
Everybody loves the scout for obvious reasons ;D

I hate the scout, i hate it's aesthetics, i hate it's loadout, i hate playing it, i hate playing against it, i hate seeing it topscore all the time!

No offense
Posted Image
*sigh*

#17 RisorialScion

RisorialScion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostJuodvarnis, on January 30 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

I hate the scout, i hate it's aesthetics, i hate it's loadout, i hate playing it, i hate playing against it,
You hate anything besides the Rocketeer, that doesn't count. :P

View PostJuodvarnis, on January 30 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

i hate seeing it topscore all the time!
That is the obvious reason I mentioned before.

#18 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 06:32 AM

HEY! I don't hate Brawler, Bruiser and probably Reaper.
Posted Image
*sigh*

#19 Owngasm

Owngasm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 06:59 AM

I love my scout. It is high risk high reward. Yes you have the mobility and the burst damage but you also have a tiny health bar and need to be at point blank for the flak to have full effect. I don't have many problems when in face scouts in my other mechs. Keep them at range and they can only tickle you with their primary.

Scout has same health bar as other A-Class and doesn't need to close any gaps if its a HEAT/TOW variant. Honestly, scout is medium risk, high reward. Infiltrators nades are much easier to dodge then TOW at mid range, and thus, infils will generally need to get closer, just like a scout (Flak scout, that is). Once close up, lets say you get your kill but gotta get away. Camo is useful but Refuel is gonna crush it.

That said though, Infiltrators are much better equipped to fight snipers since they can sneak up on them waaaay easier. So, I think it comes down to balancing these other counter-mechs  to make them more favorable and fun to play. Also, Reapers seem to do fairly well against scouts, and cause of that, is my next mech (or maybe SS, but it looks sooooo dumb).
Posted Image

#20 Gree

Gree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted January 30 2013 - 07:25 AM

View PostTwiceDead, on January 30 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

I suggest a mech to counter it.
Name: Boxer.
Primary Weapon: Right Jab (Blue Boxing Glove)
Secondary Weapon: Falcon Punch (Flaming Red Boxing Glove)

Serious:

Scout is the best CQC mech out there at the moment. That it overpowers other mechs at close range is really not a big surprise. My issue is that it's too powerful at ranged as well. That ToW hurts, and that Flak doesn't exactly miss at mid-range (Granted it doesn't do much damage either), but point is it still doesn't miss. You will continually be under pressure from being hit(depending on you), and if you try boosting behind cover you will give him enough time to close up, while he can still detonate ToW's behind your corner. This coming from a reaper/SS player though, so there's no wonder I get pressured by good scouts. . . Zerkers_ Infiltrators_ Still annoying. A-Class in general_ Still annoying. Yeah, I'm biased by my hate for A-classes. Nough from me.

Only thing I suggest is a ToW nerf really, maybe a spread increase on the Flak Cannon, but that would fuzzy bunny the brawler sideways, so that won't work.
Everytime I get downed by a scout I make sure to pick up my SS and give him a fuzzy bunny powershot in that fracking tank in his head so he learn the lesson of never appearing with that piece of scrap metal in my front again. I'm just saying.

Edited by Gree, January 30 2013 - 08:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users