HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

no download error detected

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted March 14 2013 - 07:57 PM

View Postu53r, on March 14 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Just started getting this for the last few hours, tried launching the game exe directly which works but it wont start any games, just sits there searching for players, what gives_ and do I get a day of my x2 xp bonus back_

File a support ticket regarding your booster, but I really doubt you're going to get a full 24 hours considering there was only about two hours of downtime. That being said, it's completely out of my control so file the ticket and let Support handle it.

Try using the server browser instead of the matchmaker, see if that gets you into a match. If it doesn't, something's really going wrong.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#102 u53r

u53r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostElix, on March 14 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

View Postu53r, on March 14 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Just started getting this for the last few hours, tried launching the game exe directly which works but it wont start any games, just sits there searching for players, what gives_ and do I get a day of my x2 xp bonus back_

File a support ticket regarding your booster, but I really doubt you're going to get a full 24 hours considering there was only about two hours of downtime. That being said, it's completely out of my control so file the ticket and let Support handle it.

Try using the server browser instead of the matchmaker, see if that gets you into a match. If it doesn't, something's really going wrong.

Couple hours_ it still doesn't work, as for the server browser I've found that pretty useless, if you do manage to find a game witwh a free spot you almost never get in so I gave up on that.

In world of tanks whenever theres even an hour of downtime people that paid for premium get a full day back, its only fair.

Edited by u53r, March 14 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#103 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted March 14 2013 - 08:12 PM

Oh, and use the launcher. If you launch the game exe directly, you're not logged in, so it won't authenticate properly, and you can expect to have problems getting into games. Especially if you haven't processed the update, because you're now trying to connect to servers that are a different version.

If you're having problems with the launcher... try the steps in the thread. If those don't work, reply in this thread because obviously the problem's not solved yet.

I was able to get into a server just fine. The problem with the server browser is that the stats currently don't refresh, so a server that's 10/12 on the list might actually be full at 12/12, but it doesn't update until you hit refresh. The server browser should always show you an empty server, unless there are truly no empty servers available. Join that, it'll fill up quick.

Edited by Elix, March 14 2013 - 08:14 PM.

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#104 u53r

u53r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 08:18 PM

ugh

Edited by u53r, March 14 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#105 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted March 14 2013 - 08:27 PM

The reason you're getting that error is because there was a patch and you haven't downloaded it, so you're got an incompatible version. Try these steps in order. Make sure to run the launcher as admin by right-clicking on the shortcut and choosing Run as Administrator.

Step 1, try this:

View PostHakShak, on February 13 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

After logging into the launcher, try clicking the cog/gear icon in the top right.

It should start the verify process.

Let us know if this doesn't help.

If that doesn't work, try this:

View PostHakShak, on March 14 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

So we have found a bug that we are still hunting.

In the mean time, here is a work around if the Verify cog and various other workarounds for the launcher are not working for you. This workaround should help primarily help with the "No download error" message.

Close your launcher.

You will need to go to Users/ApplicationData/Local/Solid State Networks/Hawken/ and remove any folders you see in there.

As a shortcut your can paste this into Start->Run
"%APPDATA%..LocalSolid State NetworksHawken"

Restart launcher.

If that doesn't work, do this:

View PostSS396, on February 13 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Exit launcher

Go to:

C:Program Files (x86)MeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFiles

delete

Hawken.version

and

HawkenLauncher.version

open launcher and wait patiently

Good luck.

#106 u53r

u53r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 08:32 PM

Its not that 'I' didnt download the patch, its not under my control what the launcher does. I deleted the 2 files and now gotta sit through a grouling 1 hour download, awesome.

Anyways, thank you for your help.

Edited by u53r, March 14 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#107 AUTOAL

AUTOAL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted March 15 2013 - 02:00 AM

same error here

#108 AUTOAL

AUTOAL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted March 15 2013 - 02:05 AM

View PostElix, on March 14 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

The reason you're getting that error is because there was a patch and you haven't downloaded it, so you're got an incompatible version. Try these steps in order. Make sure to run the launcher as admin by right-clicking on the shortcut and choosing Run as Administrator.

Step 1, try this:

View PostHakShak, on February 13 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

After logging into the launcher, try clicking the cog/gear icon in the top right.

It should start the verify process.

Let us know if this doesn't help.

If that doesn't work, try this:

View PostHakShak, on March 14 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

So we have found a bug that we are still hunting.

In the mean time, here is a work around if the Verify cog and various other workarounds for the launcher are not working for you. This workaround should help primarily help with the "No download error" message.

Close your launcher.

You will need to go to Users/ApplicationData/Local/Solid State Networks/Hawken/ and remove any folders you see in there.

Restart launcher.

If that doesn't work, do this:

View PostSS396, on February 13 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Exit launcher

Go to:

C:Program Files (x86)MeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFiles

delete

Hawken.version

and

HawkenLauncher.version

open launcher and wait patiently

Good luck.

mate i think you can repost this in general discussion to help more ppl

#109 Baiyuan

Baiyuan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 15 2013 - 04:08 AM

View PostElix, on March 14 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

Close your launcher.

Restart launcher.
Worked like a charm!

#110 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted March 15 2013 - 04:09 AM

The credit goes to Hakshak, not me.

#111 predator013

predator013

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted March 16 2013 - 12:46 PM

same problem over here when i try to log in the yellow launch button does not allow me to click on it.

I can understand the game has some bugs because it is in beta

But this type of errors are totally not acceptable.

Team hawken fix this prop asap.

I have ordered a oculus specialy for this game so i need to have this game up and running whenever i need to.

You are losing credits like this wich you cannot use because the servers are almost empty at any time, wich is not the problem in other free beta games.

try to win credit from youre players by fixing this problems within the hour, and make sure it wont happen again and that the game runs flawless everytime i try to launch wich is not so much too ask i think for a simple game like any other.

last favor please make sure the game does not disconnect during play, i mean you are promoting an online competitive shooter, and i loose tons of points if i am on a streak and the game quits itself with no good reason so i lose al my points collected that game not to mension the lost time i have to put in over and over again.

I mean the expectations from me about you hawken guys are very high, because you advertized like a big deal about it, so now its time too prove you can keep this game stable so we can all normally play this thing normally like any other Beta on the market.

pleasboe keep me up to date about this fixes ASAP., i was quite happy aut the game before the patch

and now more like in a rage of fury wich has cost me another 30 minutes to find this topic and write this mail.

BTW the problem is not on my side, i run everything up to date and running a killer pc, wich i can play every other game on like no problem.

#112 predator013

predator013

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted March 16 2013 - 12:57 PM

no download error problem is fixed.

hawken suddenly shutting down is still happening at random.

#113 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted March 16 2013 - 07:16 PM

predator013, two things:

1) You are getting worked up over entertainment.
2) If you really want Meteor to do something about this, file a support ticket. While the mods and devs read the forums, they can't read every thread, so if you want to make sure your complaints are seen, send a ticket directly to them.

And, if you're not prepared to deal with the problems of a beta, you should maybe consider waiting until Hawken is out of open beta. Here's your hard hat, tester.

Edit: What are your system specs_ CPU, RAM, video card, video driver version, version of Windows (and 32- or 64-bit), please.

Edited by Elix, March 16 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#114 Whitewolfpgh

Whitewolfpgh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 01 2013 - 08:52 AM

I can confirm that doing all above steps, app data cleanup, version cleanup, has resolved my issue. App data alone did not. Dont waste your time. Just do all steps. Safer that way anyhow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users