HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Nerf everything.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Disrupted

Disrupted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted February 14 2013 - 06:14 PM

You heard me.

In a couple or so months from now, the time of judgement will at last come upon us. Every year, for one day, this glorious day is celebrated to honor what few understand; a day of such magnitude that many are inspired to act what they thought too crazy, too wild, too foolish, but nevertheless execute it and act in awe from their own actions.

I understand that what I am about to say is in ignorance of the developer's current plans, especially in such a near or distant future. But I must urge them not to waste such a moment, and instead seize it in the most appropriate manner. I may not even be allowed to suggest this, or may have even posted this far too early. Regardless, I feel that it is my duty to share this idea, lest it succumbs to the confounded nature of my mind and become lost, forgotten.

I am talking about April Fools. And with this special holiday, I would like to make these brief suggestions in order to ensure the spirit of this holiday is tastefully experienced and enjoyed, at least until the event is over. In no particular order, here are my thoughts:

Let every bullet imitate the sound of plastic Nerf pellets, the TOW rockets roar in foamy force, the grenades burst in water balloons, and the mines of any sort, delightfully break wind as mini whoopee cushions upon impact. That is my vision.

Furthermore, a statement of the like ought to present itself accordingly(albeit not as lengthy as it should be):
"We feel that the rise of violence in video games is enough, and have thus taken action into promoting instead a fun, safe, and considerate environment for our players. Remember not to point at each other's eyes!

Play safe, pilots.
Happy April fools."

Can't you just picture it_ Many other ideas can also be implemented alongside the initial thought, such as euphemisms on any death-related message, and much more. This would be an absolutely exciting event, and I'm open to discussing this wonderful topic with anybody interested.

Remember my friends, to think of the children, the adult-child within each one of us, piloting a giant steel death machine.

Thank you.

Thread may be subject to bumps and/or reposts in accordance with forum rules and regulations as it slowly approaches closer to the magnificent holiday. Happy super early April fools I guess, or "February fools" as it seems, at the time of the original post.
"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind."
Nerf everything_ Nerf everything!

#2 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted February 14 2013 - 06:28 PM

If they wanna troll everyone on april fool's day without taking up a lot of their time to do so, all they need to do is replace every weapon sound with the REV-GL sound
EVERY weapon
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#3 SutibanTanuke

SutibanTanuke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted February 14 2013 - 06:28 PM

This should be stickied, as the sheer genius of this post is quite apparent.

#4 Pirits

Pirits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • LocationMobile, Alabama (USA)

Posted February 14 2013 - 07:28 PM

I'd like to play a nerf game or eighty.

*picks a brawler, activates the ability, never dies*

Unless the sound is the only thing changed and nothing to do with damage, if that's the case I'll still die if my team doesn't know how to keep a brawler in one piece.
"What am I doing on top of this Sentium owned spire at a place we call Origin_ Hard-core parkour_ NO, I'm being a derpy chimera. OH! I can see my house from here."
​On a separate note - "Cover me, I'm commentating."
Spoiler

#5 SutibanTanuke

SutibanTanuke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted February 14 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostPirits, on February 14 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

if that's the case I'll still die if I don't know how to keep a brawler in one piece.
Fixed :3

Edited by SutibanTanuke, February 14 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#6 Pirits

Pirits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted February 14 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostSutibanTanuke, on February 14 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

View PostPirits, on February 14 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

if that's the case I'll still die if I don't know how to keep a brawler in one piece.
Fixed :3

NO! I know how to keep my brawler in one piece...

...WITH DUCT TAPE!
"What am I doing on top of this Sentium owned spire at a place we call Origin_ Hard-core parkour_ NO, I'm being a derpy chimera. OH! I can see my house from here."
Spoiler

#7 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted February 14 2013 - 10:17 PM

PFFFT ... that's just stoopid ... YOU SHOULD JUST BUFF EVERYTHING TO OBLIVION BY TURNING ALL WEAPONS INTO NUKE LAUNCHERS AND ADD GOD MODE AND NO CLIP HAX ... *cough*
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#8 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted February 14 2013 - 11:18 PM

I just want an A-Class mech with a Ballzooka as its primary and and a Triple Strike as its secondary. Then all shall run in fear of my spongy death machine! thoonk thoonk thoonk thoonk! MUAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!1

Speaking of which, anyone else ever play Nerf Arena Blast_ This is what happens when you Nerf everything in UT.

http://www.abandonia...rena Blast.html
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#9 ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationFilling caskets in NW US

Posted February 15 2013 - 12:52 AM

I honestly

View PostSutibanTanuke, on February 14 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

This should be stickied, as the sheer genius of this post is quite apparent.
I agree. It's beautitful. But if it were stickied, everyone would know about it =P

#10 Disrupted

Disrupted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted February 15 2013 - 02:44 AM

I'm thrilled to see my fellow pilots support and appreciate this thread. Initially I had thought I had written too much, or that my title would be taken out of context and would result in some very upset people. Now I'm relieved, and have greater faith in the validity of the idea.

Thank you all once again.
"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind."
Nerf everything_ Nerf everything!

#11 Pirits

Pirits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted February 16 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostDisrupted, on February 15 2013 - 02:44 AM, said:

I'm thrilled to see my fellow pilots support and appreciate this thread. Initially I had thought I had written too much, or that my title would be taken out of context and would result in some very upset people. Now I'm relieved, and have greater faith in the validity of the idea.

When I read the title I'm like "we don't need this to be COD style have to unload a clip to kill someone and that if you hit almost all the time."

Then I read it.
Spoiler

#12 Scroticus42

Scroticus42

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted February 17 2013 - 01:34 AM

And have all the sniper type weapons deliver a suction-cup-to-smooth-surface "smack" sound.  Y'all know what I mean I was just never good with onomatopeia words (or how to spell onomotopeia).

#13 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted February 17 2013 - 01:28 PM

View PostPirits, on February 16 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

When I read the title I'm like "we don't need this to be COD style have to unload a clip to kill someone and that if you hit almost all the time."

Then I read it.
Is CoD like.. the stand-in term for describing a mechanic you don't like nowadays_

Edited by Beemann, February 17 2013 - 01:28 PM.

Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#14 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted February 17 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostScroticus42, on February 17 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

And have all the sniper type weapons deliver a suction-cup-to-smooth-surface "smack" sound.  Y'all know what I mean I was just never good with onomatopeia words (or how to spell onomotopeia).

LOL :lol:

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#15 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted February 17 2013 - 03:27 PM

Best April Fools Joke would be to log-in and find your mechs gone from the garage.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#16 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted February 17 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostBeemann, on February 14 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

If they wanna troll everyone on april fool's day without taking up a lot of their time to do so, all they need to do is replace every weapon sound with the REV-GL sound
EVERY weapon
Noooooo make it stahp D:

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#17 Pirits

Pirits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted February 17 2013 - 05:32 PM

View PostBeemann, on February 17 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

View PostPirits, on February 16 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

Then I read it.
Is CoD like.. the stand-in term for describing a mechanic you don't like nowadays_

I'd like to not answer that but I will, in CoD I tend to unload at someone with a rather accurate LMG and it's like nope, no kills for you.
I haven't played BO2 so I don't know if they almost fixed that...
Spoiler

#18 Tyrust

Tyrust

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted February 17 2013 - 06:07 PM

I don't know about nerfing everything. I do know that it sucks to be hit twice by someone and die all the time because I don't have the money to beef my machine. I do think some of the rockets are a bit overpowered. That and the assault rifle could use a bit more strength. Doesn't really make sense to have an smg have the same rating of an assault rifle aside from a slight difference in the accuracy.

#19 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted February 25 2013 - 11:21 AM

SilentJacket uses Max Revive

Edited by SilentJacket, February 25 2013 - 11:22 AM.

Posted Image

#20 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted February 25 2013 - 11:24 AM

Walls are OP!

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST