HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Bug with boost and heavy mechs

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Deathlegions

Deathlegions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted February 26 2013 - 11:03 PM

There seems to be a bug with boosting. at least with the bezerker class mech while boosting past/bumping allied heavy mechs in siege mode. as i tend to crash everytime i pass aheavy mech and i am boosting.  Also the last time this happened i got a BSOD... after 20 mins in a siege match. we were losing.  and we were gaining control of the center aa and i stupidly boosted past my teammate heavy mech. Only this time my windows 7 customer built amd CPU/mobo/chipset with Nvidia gfx card BSOD. just said windows has stopped and shutdown to protect itself...(not sure if its a special type of heavy or not but i know it only happens with heavys)

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 27 2013 - 05:26 PM

Huh. I'm not sure if that's a bug in boosting itself, and more something about Hawken and your system is exploding.

Deathlegions, I'd like to ask you to do two things:

First, post your system specs here: CPU, RAM, video card, video driver version, please.

Second, download BlueScreenView and copy-paste what the top (latest) entry has for its error text. BSODs include a file that includes technical information explaining what caused the system to become so catastrophically messed-up that the only way to fix it was to stop everything and shut the system down. In my experience, bad drivers are the typical culprit.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 Deathlegions

Deathlegions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted February 27 2013 - 11:23 PM

The crashes almost always seem to happen when i boost and either bump into a team. or perform some sorta action either just before or right after i boost.

System specs are; Custom built PC. AMD fx-8150 eight core processor 3.6Ghz each core. (not over clocked)  16 gb of ram windows 7 ultimate sp1 64 bit, Nvidia geforce gt 660 (not the ti version)  Driver version is 9.18.13.1407 dated for 2/09/13 (if you want more specifics on say motherboard if needed i can give.)  Nothing on my system is overclocked by my tweaking. Not sure about the vid card but its factory settings so its normal too. here is the copy and paste from Blue screen viewer.

022713-29172-01.dmp    2/27/2013 1:44:25 AM    APC_INDEX_MISMATCH    0x00000001    00000000`7714191a    00000000`00000000    00000000`0000fffe    fffff880`08c2eb60    ntoskrnl.exe    ntoskrnl.exe+75c40    NT Kernel & System    Microsoft® Windows® Operating System    Microsoft Corporation    6.1.7601.18044 (win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)    x64    ntoskrnl.exe+75c40                    C:\Windows\Minidump\022713-29172-01.dmp    8    15    7601    293,544

#4 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 28 2013 - 12:13 AM

Do you have any security software installed_ Also, when did you build your PC_ And, leaving aside your video drivers, have you updated ANY of the drivers since then_ (And, how many_ I don't need to know the exhaustive list, but just 'yes' isn't enough information to help.)

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#5 Deathlegions

Deathlegions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted February 28 2013 - 01:27 AM

I have avg free install on it atm. from what i can tell it doesnt have any issues with letting the game run.   And i fully built my computer about 3 months ago. maybe 4.  And all my drivers have automatic updates that came with the mobo. checks everyday for new drivers.  I havent manually checked to see if any of them needed to be updated but windows update doesnt tell me i have any either.  I did a little research on bsod caused by the ntoskrnl.exe+75c40. it seems that ppl that have that error say its something to do with the memory. dunno if thats the case but so far no bsod today. and only 1 crash to desktop.  the crash to desktop happened again with boosting involved.  boosted to get a dropped health orb and started to get shot from behind. continued to boost and the moment i reached the orb i stopped boosting and 1 second later after i just started to turn around with the mouse game crashed lol.

#6 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 28 2013 - 03:32 AM

Try disabling AVG and playing a round -- you're very unlikely to get viruses while playing Hawken, but re-enable it when you're done.

If it still glitches, I'd run memtest86+ to see if you don't have RAM problems.

#7 Deathlegions

Deathlegions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted February 28 2013 - 09:34 AM

Ok i can understand the avg might be causing issues with the game. and its not like i have the issue all the time either. it happens on occasion but i can ususally play for a few hours with out a crash to desktop. I personally dont think either one is the issue cause my crashes only happen at the start or end of a boost or if i bump a team mate durning a boost.  And as for the bsod ive only had that one ever.  but ill get back to you after a few more tests.

Edited by Deathlegions, February 28 2013 - 09:36 AM.

#8 Deathlegions

Deathlegions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted February 28 2013 - 04:48 PM

ok i just played for 6 hours straight and no crashes till just now. i have disabled avg but i have played with avg enabled and played for 6 hours before as well with no crashes. my last crash was i accepted a friend invite from my last match and the i clicked launch at the beggining of the next match and crashed to desktop.

#9 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 28 2013 - 06:24 PM

When's the last time you updated your drivers_ Any of them, and not just your graphics drivers, that is.

#10 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted February 28 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostDeathlegions, on February 28 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

ok i just played for 6 hours straight and no crashes till just now. i have disabled avg but i have played with avg enabled and played for 6 hours before as well with no crashes. my last crash was i accepted a friend invite from my last match and the i clicked launch at the beggining of the next match and crashed to desktop.

Do you have a firewall running there_ ( program or services)

In that case, disable it (as well as your AVG) and then play the game and tell us.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#11 Deathlegions

Deathlegions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted February 28 2013 - 07:47 PM

no firewall. last time i checked for updates for drivers was today.  everything up to date. also ran memtest86 + this morning and no errors.  Just recently crashed in siege mode while in a grenadier was running backwards while shooting nades and crashed when i shot the secodary launcher in the underground in the map with the aa in the middle on top floor.

Edited by Deathlegions, February 28 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#12 Deathlegions

Deathlegions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted February 28 2013 - 08:46 PM

another crash. siege mode in bazaar. just finished picking up energy and hit the boost to go forward. and the game crashed. i swear its a bug with the game when i boost and do something else. also seems to crash more often later at night. its almost midnight here est. and ive been crashing to desktop more frequently the later it gets. it seems.

Edited by Deathlegions, February 28 2013 - 08:47 PM.

#13 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted February 28 2013 - 09:22 PM

I think Siege mode is still in the alpha phase of development.  That's why you're having a lot of crashes in that particular mode.

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#14 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 28 2013 - 09:27 PM

Try a reboot earlier in the evening and go into Hawken on a fresh start, if you leave your computer on all day. (If you don't, well.. derp, I don't know what to make of crashes seeming to happen more often later at night.)

#15 Deathlegions

Deathlegions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted February 28 2013 - 11:02 PM

i dunno either. but if the above post that siege is still alpha of sorts then it makes sense cause i play siege a lot cause its the best xp gain from what i can tell. and decent pratice for how to fight groups most of the time :P

#16 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted February 28 2013 - 11:02 PM

Also try this:
Do you have any other keyboard in the house_ Or maybe a friend of yours_ Try with that different keyboard and see if that solves the issue.
If that does not work...then in case the keyboard is USB, try using different USB connectors.

Tell us how it goes..

P.S. Un-plug your keyboard and shake it a little. If required then clean it well. Careful with the fans of your CPU and videocard, if they are not clean enough then your hardware may overheat.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#17 Deathlegions

Deathlegions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted February 28 2013 - 11:56 PM

how is my keyboard gonna affect the game crashing or not_  and my computer is newly built and its as clean as its gonna get.  i know its not a over heating issue. ive dealt with that on my laptop a lot and know what the effects from overheating is.  im not lagging or freezing. and im not having any input lag either. just random crashes which seem to happen most often at the start or end of a boost.

#18 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted March 01 2013 - 12:25 AM

I suggest filing a support ticket, Deathlegions. Link in the top right of the page. You can link to this thread so they see what you've already done.

#19 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 01 2013 - 06:57 AM

View PostDeathlegions, on February 28 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

how is my keyboard gonna affect the game crashing or not_  and my computer is newly built and its as clean as its gonna get.  i know its not a over heating issue. ive dealt with that on my laptop a lot and know what the effects from overheating is.  im not lagging or freezing. and im not having any input lag either. just random crashes which seem to happen most often at the start or end of a boost.

First of all I'm just trying to help you with your trouble. Second, it's not the first time I see mother board related issues. Third, I wish you good luck with this issue, bud. ;)

Posted Image

#20 Deathlegions

Deathlegions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 10:27 PM

View PostThe_Silencer, on March 01 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

View PostDeathlegions, on February 28 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

First of all I'm just trying to help you with your trouble. Second, it's not the first time I see mother board related issues. Third, I wish you good luck with this issue, bud. ;)

thanks i do understand that your trying to help but i dont see how the keyboard that i type on is gonna cause the game to crash.  and i was just leting you know the state of how clean my computer so dust definatly isnt a issue.  as far as im aware my computer seems to be working just fine cause i dont have issues with normal every day use or other games.  in my mind its probably something ill have to deal with till open beta is over with then ill worry about sending a support ticket. cause i can still play for hours on end.  and when it does crash i send those reports to hawken that pop up afterward.  Thanks for the time and help. just wanted to see if anyone was experiencing crashes like mine. and wanted to report the bsod issue cause by the game which ive done hopefully.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users