HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hello from the other Senior Community Manager - Batgirl!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Batgirl

Batgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Wa.

Posted September 17 2012 - 09:24 AM

I'm one of the Senior Community Managers (along with Scapes) here at Meteor Entertainment. I’m very excited to get back to my roots of first person shooter games. I’ve played games since I was little (we actually used them as family time in my household) and quickly discovered a love for FPS’s. I’ve created and nurtured communities for companies like Hewlett Packard, Microsoft, and En Masse Entertainment. Before actually getting paid to do this, I ran communities on a volunteer basis starting at the age of 14.
I’m super stoked to be able to bring you the latest on HAWKEN and hear what everyone has to say about it! In the meantime, if you enjoy random tweets about Chihuahuas, you’re more than welcome to follow my personal twitter account –@Batgirl.

#2 skatcat31

skatcat31

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationRocklin, CA

Posted September 17 2012 - 09:36 AM

IIRC I'm already following your twitter from the TAW.net community twitter I run. It gets lost in the league of legends overflow... -.-;;
BUT HEY GREAT TO MEET YOU! -happy dance-
Fanboys beware: From now on if you start doing it I will ignore the post. Fanboyism ruins conversations the same way religion, science, and politics due. We're here to fawn over hawken, not other things.

#3 Archon_Knight

Archon_Knight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 17 2012 - 03:10 PM

Greetings Batgirl, hope we all have lots to talk about soon!

#4 Diboo

Diboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDeutschland

Posted September 18 2012 - 12:44 AM

Hello Batgirl thanks for introduce yourself :D

#5 Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationTilburg, Netherlands

Posted September 18 2012 - 01:59 AM

Thanks for your intro, Batgirl. Pretty cool, to be honest, that gaming has been a family activity in your household. Quite different than in my case. ;)
Wandering Gun #29 (semi-retired until further notice)

#6 Rabbiddog

Rabbiddog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationParts unknown...

Posted September 18 2012 - 06:41 AM

Howdy all you mech commanders!
Been watching the development of this game for years. Getting so close I can taste the smoke of those burning mechs. :D

Superstoked for this game and can't wait for launch.
Conquering the world...One beer at a time!

#7 JoseyWales

JoseyWales

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 08:09 AM

:lol: love the avatar batgirl..

Posted Image

#8 Alexsumm3R

Alexsumm3R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted September 18 2012 - 09:11 AM

Hello batgirl :) love the introduction..

#9 Bothand

Bothand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hello!
Looking forward to Beta testing this amazing Game.
And of course providing Helpful constructive feedback.

As someone that has Played and tested alot of Games, I value and understand the difference between "playing" and actually beta testing a game,
and that a good deal of time in the test phase is spent reading patch notes and keeping a close tab on the Forums.

Site looks fantastic, btw.

:P

#10 MrMoose

MrMoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hello commanders! Standing by and waiting for your orders! :ph34r:

#11 Miles_Deathridge

Miles_Deathridge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 09:55 AM

Greetings and salutations - I get the funny feeling that this game kind of got it's roots in Battletech, Mechwarrior, macross...etc...  Only this time around it looks gritty, exciting, has somewhat of a story line and will bring us old-schoolers out of our mundane lives and back into the zone.  I loved this game in all of it's iterations and only have one led figure remaining of my 35-40 fully painted ones, (which I had to sell to pay bills during the dark years of no money or guitars). Looking forward to climbing behind the controls again.
-MD-
"I drank what..._"
                       - Soctrates

#12 DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationSunny South Florida

Posted September 18 2012 - 10:11 AM

View PostBatgirl, on September 17 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

I'm one of the Senior Community Managers (along with Scapes) here at Meteor Entertainment. I’m very excited to get back to my roots of first person shooter games. I’ve played games since I was little (we actually used them as family time in my household) and quickly discovered a love for FPS’s. I’ve created and nurtured communities for companies like Hewlett Packard, Microsoft, and En Masse Entertainment. Before actually getting paid to do this, I ran communities on a volunteer basis starting at the age of 14.
I’m super stoked to be able to bring you the latest on HAWKEN and hear what everyone has to say about it! In the meantime, if you enjoy random tweets about Chihuahuas, you’re more than welcome to follow my personal twitter account –@Batgirl.

Thank you for the warm welcome from Community Managers such as yourself and [Scapes] at Meteor Entertainment. I am really excited about the hopefully soon to be release of Hawken.  From all the interviews, trailers, videos and articals I've watched and read about it, for myself, this has been a game much to long in coming.
Since the days of MS Studios classic Mechwarrior series for PC and the original Xbox game Mechassault on Xbox-Live, when it first became available, I have been hoping for someone to jump start the Mech genre again.
I want so much for not only this new game, Hawken, you are developing and producing to be a huge success but also for the Hawken community to be able to expand and grow with that success.
I want to deeply thank you all at  Meteor Ent. for taking the risk and making the effort to bring back this fantastic genre that has almost been forgotten.......Good luck Commanders ! .... :D

THxxxxxx

*+
Posted Image
Just Relax...and take life one game at a time...

#13 Knifejaw

Knifejaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationTX, USA

Posted September 18 2012 - 03:25 PM

Hello, Batgirl! :D

#14 Warlesh

Warlesh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 03:41 PM

Hello Batgirl, Thank you for introducing yourself . Hope to  to see you in game soon when i have access to beta

#15 GREW

GREW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted September 18 2012 - 04:00 PM

Posted Image

This, is how i picture our Chihuahua loving batgirl. :3

Welcome to the family!   :P

Edited by GREW, September 18 2012 - 04:01 PM.

Posted Image

#16 CegoMetal

CegoMetal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBrazil.

Posted September 18 2012 - 10:28 PM

Hello :lol:

#17 Hashi

Hashi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationcalifornia

Posted September 18 2012 - 10:42 PM

hello all hashi here
i have seen some hawken trailers looks good . i am a mwo fan and legendary founder looking forward to trying hawken looks great and love the name batgirl and also loved and lived in seattle for over 20 yrs loved every min of it. oh and didnt mind the mold either

#18 UnnamedNewbie

UnnamedNewbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted September 19 2012 - 10:26 AM

A good community is the key to a good game, and introductions are always a good thing!
See you in-game somewhen. :)

#19 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted September 19 2012 - 05:38 PM

I am awaiting plenty of banter on the forums from our esteemed community managers.

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#20 TheSilentLurker

TheSilentLurker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted September 19 2012 - 09:14 PM

Nice to meet ya Batgirl.  We will try to behave.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users