HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

What kind of Mouse do you use_

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 Kruthal_Dexlar

Kruthal_Dexlar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Location//Prosk F.O.B//

Posted March 20 2013 - 07:30 AM

5 years old and still going strong. Plus weights because I lift, bro.
Posted Image
Microsoft Sidewinder

#42 StutterStep

StutterStep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted March 20 2013 - 07:52 AM

Logitech MX Revolution.

Posted Image

#43 Garthandal

Garthandal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPacific NW

Posted March 20 2013 - 08:36 AM

View PostAlastor_Crow, on March 20 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

Naga Epic and Nostromo.. I bought them mainly for MMORPGs like GW2 and RTS like SC2 then I got into Hawken. Works like a charm.
I have this set up (just the wired naga though). I really like it I can kick back in the chair with the nostromo on my belly or lap and get pwned in style.
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 MoBo, Corsair TX 750 Watt,  Crucial m4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Black 1TB,  8 GB 1600mHz DDR3, GTX670 FTW, i5 2500k
I didn not build this computer to play Hello Kitty Island Adventure! (although that is a awesome game)

#44 ZeroCore

ZeroCore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationBehind you in my Reaper

Posted March 20 2013 - 08:57 AM

@ShutterStep > Looks quite good for use, the second mouse wheel looks usefull O.O, i thik i gonna try that one out

#45 StutterStep

StutterStep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted March 20 2013 - 10:06 AM

View PostZeroCore, on March 20 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

@ShutterStep > Looks quite good for use, the second mouse wheel looks usefull O.O, i thik i gonna try that one out
I loved it for playing MMO's.  The top mouse wheel was used as extra binds because you could click it to the left/right also.  The "thumb wheel" is more like a toggle.  It only goes forward/back a bit, not all the way around like the top wheel does.  You can also set the top wheel to spin with, or without, friction.  I never trusted wireless mice for gaming, but this one changed my mind.  Had it for 5 years and no problems until recently.  It doesn't want to charge sometimes now.  I put it in the cradle and it will blink.  The only way I can get it to charge now is taking it apart and swabbing the internal battery connections with alcohol before putting it on the cradle.

#46 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 20 2013 - 10:07 AM

Razer DeathAdder here at my end.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#47 Foureyes

Foureyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted March 20 2013 - 10:18 AM

because I'm terrified at the idea that a carpal tunnel syndrome would one day put an end to my ability to use a normal mouse, I've been using a Microsoft Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 (NWLM6000 to make it short) for several years now.
Posted Image

My friends don't understand how I can play with it and in turn I can't understand how they can be comfortable with their own gaming mouses for hours on end. This topic kinda got me to check out ergo gaming mouses, but I still can't find one with a shape ressembling this one.

#48 Zerjack

Zerjack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted March 20 2013 - 10:21 AM

Really_ All of you with a gaming mouse_ I use this one

http://klipxtreme.co...x_pdt=108&ctg=9

A common mouse really, I play, and have played a lot of shooters and I have never really felt like I needed another mouse, and not so long ago I was using a common genius mouse. I'm just starting but I'm doing ok on Hawken. On games like cs:s, bc2 or tf2 I'm pretty good I would say. I have though on buying a gaming mouse, but when commenting that to some coworker he said something very wise and forgotten these days. If you're not ok with your current [insert random item here], then go for it, otherwise, why to change it_

#49 StutterStep

StutterStep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted March 20 2013 - 10:44 AM

View PostZerjack, on March 20 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

Really_ All of you with a gaming mouse_ I use this one

http://klipxtreme.co...x_pdt=108&ctg=9

A common mouse really, I play, and have played a lot of shooters and I have never really felt like I needed another mouse, and not so long ago I was using a common genius mouse. I'm just starting but I'm doing ok on Hawken. On games like cs:s, bc2 or tf2 I'm pretty good I would say. I have though on buying a gaming mouse, but when commenting that to some coworker he said something very wise and forgotten these days. If you're not ok with your current [insert random item here], then go for it, otherwise, why to change it_
Honestly, the only reason I have that mouse was because of mmo's.  All the extra buttons and frills were helpful with the ass tons of key binds/macros I used in WoW.  For a game like Hawken, or any shooter really, it's most definitely not necessary.  I already have it though, so it's what I use.

#50 SpaceCake

SpaceCake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted March 20 2013 - 11:27 AM

Some 10 year old Logitech mouse.
Not that I couldn't afford a new one, it just never gave me any problems so far. Plus it's comfortable to use.

#51 IndygoEEI

IndygoEEI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted March 20 2013 - 12:10 PM

Posted Image

Trackball user here.  I only use one thing and it's the closest thing to a
full fledged gaming mouse:  Logitech M570.  It does the job very well
at 400 DPI, but I'd want 600 if they made newer version.  Also batteries
take a year to burn out!

Now to find the ultimate gaming board setup...

#52 _incitatus

_incitatus

former senator

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationOXR, AL

Posted March 20 2013 - 12:16 PM

A fellow trackball user!  I thought I was all alone...  M570 for me too.
Posted Image

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 23 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

You are the undisputed champion of camouflages.

#53 ZeroCore

ZeroCore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted March 20 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostIndygoEEI, on March 20 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

Trackball user here.  I only use one thing and it's the closest thing to a
full fledged gaming mouse:  Logitech M570.  It does the job very well
at 400 DPI, but I'd want 600 if they made newer version.  Also batteries
take a year to burn out!

Now to find the ultimate gaming board setup...

For god sake! lol i play with 8400 DPI -.- /emo-corner

Edited by ZeroCore, March 20 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#54 Remiak

Remiak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted March 20 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostNull_Wing, on March 19 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

View PostRemiak, on March 19 2013 - 10:08 PM, said:

Awesome mouses, awesome mouses everywhere...

Ok, found my jaw. Now, my mouse is a generic "Majestic pc" (i challenge you to find it on the web) mouse, is like the cheapest of all. Says "made in china" below.

cheapest of all eh_ mine was about 29 bucks, what about yours_

a mouse I used for about 3 years was an 800 DPI 10 dollar logitech from walmart, don't remember what made it stop working though.

In US dollars, it would be 11 dollars with 11 cents, but that was years ago, dunno how much it costs now.

#55 Phaustus

Phaustus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMontreal, QC, Canada

Posted March 20 2013 - 01:01 PM

View PostZeroCore, on March 20 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

For god sake! lol i play with 8400 DPI -.- /emo-corner

I'm not sure how that is even possible... That'd mean your cursor moves over 4 screens wide on a 1080P display by just moving your mouse 1 inch on the mat... :S

I used to play at 2300DPI, then realized I was actually aiming better by lowering the sensitivity a bit (down to about 1650 now) and just moving my hands faster if I need to turn quickly instead.

The first gaming mouse I bought was a Razer Black Mamba. I kept having problems with it, like the wireless connection would just stop working all of a sudden (usually while attacking a tower alone in LoL), then my cursor started behaving weirdly (even while the mouse was wired), so I put it away... A few months later, I wanted to use it again and the battery had just exploded (literally). So while I'm still using Razer products every now and then, I'm never buying a Black Mamba ever again (I think they've come up with like 2 more models of the Mamba since then, maybe they've fixed some issues).

I have a Razer Deathadder at home (wired, cheaper version of the Mamba, basically).

At work I used to use a SteelSeries Xai, then replaced with a Sensei. I also bought a spare Sensei Raw for when my "regular" Sensei gives up (the right-click is already starting to show some wear due to playing too much diablo3 and LoL, apparently).

I use a SteelSeries Qck mousemat and 2x Goliathus control edition mats (figured since we were discussing mice, might as well include the mouse mats I use :P).

#56 DeVact

DeVact

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • Locationall over the place

Posted March 20 2013 - 01:04 PM

Posted Image

Roccat Kone +
There's a newer one out but mine hasn't broken yet so I didn't bother to buy it. The thing that got me hooked for it was the implementation of "easy-shift". Basically works like a normal shift-button but on your mouse. Doubles the amount of usable buttons without you having to put your fingers in strange places. Perfectly suited for MMOs might I add.

DarkPulse said:

... less than witnessing Elvis crash a UFO into the Loch Ness Monster, seeing Bigfoot crawl out of the smoking wreckage, opening a wormhole in space, and then getting picked up by ET, Lando Calrissian, and an Arilou Lalee'Lay in the Space Battleship Yamato.

Posted Image

#57 ZeroCore

ZeroCore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted March 20 2013 - 01:05 PM

>.> my mouse moving radius is around 1cm, thats true also > http://puu.sh/2l1ZM and i use 6 the whole time >.>
Edit : Also, due to my ping, that fast moving helps me to lead targeting >.< but true it was i lie, its 8200DPI not 8400 never realy checked that O.o

Edited by ZeroCore, March 20 2013 - 01:09 PM.

#58 Phaustus

Phaustus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMontreal, QC, Canada

Posted March 20 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostZeroCore, on March 20 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

>.> my mouse moving radius is around 1cm, thats true also > http://puu.sh/2l1ZM and i use 6 the whole time >.>
Edit : Also, due to my ping, that fast moving helps me to lead targeting >.< but true it was i lie, its 8200DPI not 8400 never realy checked that O.o

Well, I wasn't actually calling your a liar, just wondering how the hell could anyone play with those settings :P

Although I'm guessing your mouse sensitibity within the game itself is not set to 100, so in reality you are probably playing with a lower DPI than that.

Everyone has different habits for their mouse cursor speed... Some people like it being really fast (and do micro-movements), some people like a really low sensitivity (and move their hand about more). Whatever works for you :D

#59 ZeroCore

ZeroCore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted March 20 2013 - 01:21 PM

True that lols :D

#60 Zerjack

Zerjack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted March 20 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostStutterStep, on March 20 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

All the extra buttons and frills were helpful with the ass tons of key binds/macros I used in WoW.

Yeah, that's quite a good reason. If I would play a MMORPG then I would use one too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users